Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

PC Principal

Post by Jabroniville »

"Watch your micro-aggressions, bro!"

P.C. PRINCIPAL
Role:
Social Justice Warrior, Crusading Zealot
PL 6 (72)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+9)
Deception 5 (+7)
Expertise (Teacher) 2 (+4)
Expertise (Social Justice Warrior) 10 (+12)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 5 (+7)
Perception 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Hold

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications: 
Obsession (Political Correctness)- PC Principal fights for political correctness in all its forms- he demands that "Safe Spaces" be build around his students to protect them from all forms of criticism, hates people for using gender-binary terms, and threatens anyone who says anything negative about Caitlyn Jenner with violence.
Responsibility (Too PC)- PC Principal is normally violent with people who violate his PC ethics, but was stunned to discover that the school newspaper editor who used the word "retarded" was the crippled Jimmy Valmer. As Jimmy is crippled, and thus has to be held to a different standard than others, PC Principal is helpless to enact his usual discipline.
Relationship (Strong Woman)- The new Vice Principal is strong, smart and beautiful, not to mention strenuously-PC, to the point where PC Principal starts hearing Hootie and the Blowfish in his head. Eventually, the two engage in a highly-inappropriate office romance, to the disgust of the town (who uncontrollably vomit when they discover it).
Hatred (Microaggressions)- He gave Mr. Mackey two days' detention for saying "Black" instead of "African-American". 

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 7 (72)

-South Park has always been against Political Correctness (originally a term meant to define "what the government says is correct" compared to actual correctness, but has since come to mean "language-policing in terms of politeness", put broadly), finding it useless and ignorant of reality- their frequent attempts to take the piss out of anyone and everyone shows this pretty well. But the modern-day explosion of PC dialogue finally got a symbol in PC Principal, who replaces Principal Victoria at South Park Elementary. Like the most easily parodied PC types, he isn't based around DOING right ; he's obsessed with BEING right- the policing of others through shame and threats.

-Unlike your typical "Social Justice Warrior" (a term the show does not use, though he declared he was for "Social Justice" once), he is not an overweight woman with bad hair and glasses- he is a muscular, sunglasses-wearing, modern-dressing guy.

-But while the show could have just gone for the low-hanging fruit of typical SJW stuff, and does so (he assaults Cartman for using the term "spokesman" instead of "spokesperson"), they made him a lot more nuanced, even pointing out that the tragedy of SJW types is not that they're evil... they mean well, but they're hopelessly misguided and naive. This is best shown when he forces the creations of "Safe Spaces" around people, to prevent them from ever having to see or hear anything mean be said about them. Protectiveness is to be admired, but his methods are attacked by a man named "Reality", who points out that the world will never be as kind or as gentle as PC Principal wants it to be ("You’re sad that people are mean? Well, I’m sorry, the world isn’t one big liberal arts college campus. We eat too much. We take our spoiled lived for granted. Feel a little bad about it sometimes! Now, you wanna put all your shit up on the Internet and have every single person say, ‘Hooray for You!’ Fuck you. You’re all pricks"). And, in an incredibly-subtle bit of satire, the SJWs literally attack and kill Reality.

-The show kind of goes off the rails a bit, focusing on fights against ads (one student, Leslie, is revealed to be a sentient ad), but PC Principal- initially meant to be a one-off who's killed- sticks around. A bit calmer and less violent, he nonetheless argues for political correctness once more. And then he meets Strong Woman, the new Vice Principal. And, in one of the most glorious bits in recent years, he starts hearing the opening strums of Hold My Hand, and the rest of the song begins to play as he stares at her talking about how she's strong and independent, and doesn't need a man explaining things to her, or defending her... until Mr. Mackey interrupts, and goes "I-is anyone else hearing Hootie and the Blowfish?" He stops abruptly. And then, in a pants-pissingly-funny scene, a couple cuts later we cut to him in his office, head buried in his hands, as the song's big crescendo is just BLARING "HHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDD MYYYYYYYYYYY HAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNDDDDD!!!". The two hook up by the end of the run.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Woodland Critters! Randy! TIMMEH!!! Jimmy!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

I think my favorite bit of the PC Principal run was Randy joining them and getting hammered with the SJW style frat boys (who require contracts to sleep with a woman even if they're willing) and his hungover explanations to what he's doing to Sharon.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Randy! TIMMEH!!! Jimmy! PC Principal!)

Post by Jabroniville »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xoW3bqnr7tw

All of the top comments are about PC Principal now :).
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Woodland Critters! Randy! TIMMEH!!! Jimmy!)

Post by Jabroniville »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:51 pm I think my favorite bit of the PC Principal run was Randy joining them and getting hammered with the SJW style frat boys (who require contracts to sleep with a woman even if they're willing) and his hungover explanations to what he's doing to Sharon.
I just like PC Principal getting all disappointed when he found out all the PC Bros were just virtue signaling so they could "Crush Puss".
Jabroniville

The Ninjas

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

"LET'S FIGHTING LOVE!!!"

THE NINJAS
Role:
Elite Warriors
PL 9 (101)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+13)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Diehard, Equipment 1 (Ninja Weapon), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Chosen Weapon) 2, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 6, Set-Up, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Enemy (Professor Chaos, Craig and His Friends)

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 2--1 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 16 (101)

-The famous Good Times With Weapons episode features not only the best anime theme song parody of all time (Let's Fighting Love), but some funny anime-style versions of the boys. I use a general template for the lot of them, as they seem to operate under their own rules.

STAN- PL 9 (112):- "Sword" Damage +3, Fire Blast 8 [11]
-Stan is a pretty "Standard" Ninja.
KYLE- PL 9 (114):- FIGHTING +1, "Nunchucks" Damage +2, Ice Blast 8, Senses 4 (Precognition) [17]
-Kyle's Nunchucks shoot ice, and he can see into the future.
KENNY- PL 9 (106):- "Ninja Stars" Equipment +1 (Blast 4- Diminished Range), Ranged Attack +4 [5]
-Kenny has less close-range capability as the others, but his Ninja Stars can put Professor Chaos's eye out.
CARTMAN- PL 9 (131):- ST +1, STA +1, "Sais" Damage +2, Defenses -1, "Lots and Lots of Powers" Variable 4 [30]
-"Bullrog has lots and lots of powers" says Cartman, after pointing out that he could ALSO see into the future, "but better than Kyle". We ALL knew that kid on the playground, who would just not stop giving himself new powers. Power Geeks & Munchkins in the making. The only power he's really seen showing is the power ot "Turn Kyle into a chicken!".
JIMMY- PL 9 (102):- "Hook Swords" Damage +3- Split, Improved Disarm & Trip [1]
-"Are you ninjas or p-p-pussies?", taunts Jimmy.
CRAIG- PL 9 (101): "The Powerful Blade of the Kintama" Damage +3 [0]
-Craig is pretty baseline, boasting about Ginza's sword.
CLYDE- PL 9 (102): "Kama" Damage +2- Split, FIGHTING +1, Parry -1 [1]
-Clyde is wielding paired Kama, doing less damage, so I boosted his close attack.
TOKEN- PL 9 (102): "Nunchucks" Damage +2, Improved Disarm, "Perfect Spelling" Feature 1 [1]
-Token's "Black Jakku" character has a pretty silly power that seems to imply he's one of the "Smart Kids" in the school, but there's little indication of this elsewhere.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: PC Principal

Post by Ares »

Okay, I know I already went on a rant and I don't want this to spiral out again, buuuuuut . . . .
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:36 pm
-But while the show could have just gone for the low-hanging fruit of typical SJW stuff, and does so (he assaults Cartman for using the term "spokesman" instead of "spokesperson"), they made him a lot more nuanced, even pointing out that the tragedy of SJW types is not that they're evil... they mean well, but they're hopelessly misguided and naive. This is best shown when he forces the creations of "Safe Spaces" around people, to prevent them from ever having to see or hear anything mean be said about them. Protectiveness is to be admired, but his methods are attacked by a man named "Reality", who points out that the world will never be as kind or as gentle as PC Principal wants it to be ("You’re sad that people are mean? Well, I’m sorry, the world isn’t one big liberal arts college campus. We eat too much. We take our spoiled lived for granted. Feel a little bad about it sometimes! Now, you wanna put all your shit up on the Internet and have every single person say, ‘Hooray for You!’ Fuck you. You’re all pricks"). And, in an incredibly-subtle bit of satire, the SJWs literally attack and kill Reality.
That's kind of tragedy of what I consider an SJW. With at least half of them, it comes from a good, if flawed place. In those cases, they're much like Kyle's Mom, someone who means well and likely wants to protect someone they perceive as in need of defending, but are frequently incapable of doing so in a way that doesn't infantalize the people they're trying to "protect". And they usually do so in the most obnoxious, overbearing manner possible, or come off as whiny, petulant children.

The Yale "Safe Space" incident is a perfect example of this, where you have people being upset that the college wouldn't take any steps to police what costumes the students wore, essentially stating that "We're a college. You're all adults. It's not our job to police what you wear unless it breaks some kind of public decency laws." And people were demanding that someone get FIRE over that statement, and at the follow up "demonstration", the faculty member tried to calmly explain that this is a school, to which one girl yells, "This isn't about making a place where we can learn, this is about making a safe space! Making it a home!". Which again, no you moron, a school is not a home. It's a place to prepare you for the real world and challenge your viewpoints. That's the opposite of a safe space.

Those are people basically begging to be coddled and not be offended, when the whole point of free speech laws is to protect someone's right to offend another, so long as it's not outright slander or liable. The whole point about freedom of speech is the knowledge that someone is going to say something that offends you, and they have the right to do so. And when you try to limit free speech in the name of sparing someone's feelings, you're doing it wrong.

On the other end of the SJW spectrum, you have the folks looking to use the narrative for some kind of power. The spin doctors who play Oppression Olympics to actually make race relations worse, because it keeps them wealthy and prominent. They twist things to fit a narative that makes them money, gives them fame and a platform to speak on, or just lets them morally bully others. One of the more tame examples I bring up is Anita Sarkesian, since its demonstrable fact that she's built her entire career off of basically lying about the video game industry and stoking the fires of outrage to make herself famous and wealthy. The Evergreen State College morons also basically took control of their school using moral outrage, basically to get the rules of their college changed to suit their needs.

People trying to change racism to be "prejudice plus privilege" are a particular pet peeve of mine. It's basically an attempt to re-write a word that clearly states "prejudice against someone based on their race is called 'racism' and is bad" into something where racism can only apply to certain people. And when reality comes in and shows that, yes, the people they claimed couldn't be racist can in fact be racist, they invent a new word to try and cover their asses. It's mind-boggling stupid.

Booker T. Washington said it best:
“There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs – partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.”
A story told me by a coloured man in South Carolina will illustrate how people sometimes get into situations where they do not like to part with their grievances. In a certain community there was a coloured doctor of the old school, who knew little about modern ideas of medicine, but who in some way had gained the confidence of the people and had made considerable money by his own peculiar methods of treatment. In this community there was an old lady who happened to be pretty well provided with this world’s goods and who thought that she had a cancer. For twenty years she had enjoyed the luxury of having this old doctor treat her for that cancer. As the old doctor became — thanks to the cancer and to other practice — pretty well-to-do, he decided to send one of his boys to a medical college. After graduating from the medical school, the young man returned home, and his father took a vacation. During this time the old lady who was afflicted with the “cancer” called in the young man, who treated her; within a few weeks the cancer (or what was supposed to be the cancer) disappeared, and the old lady declared herself well.

When the father of the boy returned and found the patient on her feet and perfectly well, he was outraged. He called the young man before him and said: “My son, I find that you have cured that cancer case of mine. Now, son, let me tell you something. I educated you on that cancer. I put you through high school, through college, and finally through the medical school on that cancer. And now you, with your new ideas of practicing medicine, have come here and cured that cancer. Let me tell you, son, you have started all wrong. How do you expect to make a living practicing medicine in that way?”

I am afraid that there is a certain class of race problem solvers who don’t want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public.
I mean, if you want to see what a world under SJW guidelines would be like, there's the Count Dankula case. The case where a man may be facing jail time for making a Youtube video where he said, "My girlfriend loves going on about how perfect and cute her wee dog is, so as a joke, I've decided to make the dog into the most offensive thing I think I could, which is a Nazi. So I've taught the dog to lift up one paw in the Nazi salute whenever some says 'Sig Heil'."

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9sH-3AoF88
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqf1pr36OCg&t=60s

That's what it looks like when SJWs win: a man faces actual legal repercussions because he made a joke video that might offend some people. That is just madness to me. Maybe I'm just old, but it feels like the world made a little more sense 5 to 8 years ago.

There. I said my piece, and I hope it doesn't de-rail the thread. Maybe just some rough jostling to shake things up for a little bit.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Randy! TIMMEH!!! Jimmy! PC Principal!)

Post by MacynSnow »

It's not just you that feel's old over all this SJW bs Ares....I'm 41-42 years old,born on December 20th 1976(having just missed Disco),grown-up and survived the wierdest 2 decades of the human race,personally consider myself the last of the "Harlan County" Cavemen, and despite ALL of the previous sentence,consider myself a smarter person than the majority of these SJW sheep.

P.S: to clarify my "SJW sheep" comment.....if you pay close enough attention to how a majority of these idiots act,you'll find a suprisingly large number of them are just "going with the flow" and are just doing all this 'cause either their bored or helping a friend.

For a better idea on what i'm saying,i recommend checking out The Nostalgia Critics review on The Ghostbusters remake(i'd post a link down below ,but since my computer's been on the fritz i've been using my PS4......)
Jabroniville

Mr. Garrison

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImageImage

MR. GARRISON (Herbert Garrison, aka Mrs. Janet Garrison)
Role:
Sexual Deviant, Psychotic Teacher
PL 4 (34)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+3)
Insight 4 (+3)
Perception 3 (+2)
Technology 8 (+8)

Advantages:
None

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +2

Complications:
Responsibility (Easily-Provoked)- Mr. Garrison gets violent and angry very quickly, and is easily-led by others' insults. He reacts more out of spite than anything else. He is remarkably cavalier with his sexuality and gender identity, making huge lifestyle changes on a whim.
Relationship (Mr. Slave)- The two had a mostly-sexual relationship, but Garrison was enraged when Mr. Slave broke up with him and married Big Gay Al. He tried to sabotage gay marriage solely to get even.
Relationship (Mr. Hat)- Mr. Hat was a split personality of Mr. Garrison, though occasionally did things out of his control.
Relationship (Mr. Twig)- Mr. Twig replaced Mr. Hat for a time, but was eventually discarded.
Responsibility (Sexual Deviant)- Mr. Garrison was a member of NAMBLA (not the Marlon Brando Look-Alikes), had sex with Cartman's pot-bellied pig, and had sex with an injured bird he kept (he insists that bird was "a total slut!", but nobody else in town slept with it).
Hatred (Minorities)- Garrison despises Mexicans, and when he learned that the people in town might get rich selling the houses of the "richers" who they had just chased off, replied "Well, at least we got rid of all those damn ni-" *credits roll*.

Total: Abilities: 18 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 8 (34)

-No character in the show has proven to be as amorphous as Mr. Garrison. He initially debuted as a stupid, smart-assed, insulting teacher, constantly giving lessons about celebrities and pop culture instead of important schoolwork, though this last aspect was dropped. His initialy "Absurd Quirk" was his constantly speaking to the "Mr. Hat" hand-puppet on his hand- Mr. Hat would just be Garrison speaking through the side of his mouth... but would also do various evil things without Garrison knowing about it. Mr. Hat would try to kill his replacement, Mr. Twig. Speaking in a fairly "gay"-sounding voice, Garrison would often give horrendous advice- chastising Stan for being beaten up by his sister, and later telling Stan that "gay people are EVIL" and that their hearts pump "not blood, like yours and mine", but a black, oily substance. Despite this, he considered it the worst part of his childhood that his father did NOT molest him. In a great bit, his own mother is shocked and despondent upon hearing this, and Garrison can only be sated when his father hires Kenny G to pretend to be him, and molest a smiling Garrison as he "slept".

-Garrison would of course later be revealed to actually be gay, leading to him attempting to get fired from teaching for it, so he could sue the school. Sticking the class gerbil up his boyfriend/teaching assistant's ass, he is annoyed when the parents back him up, sending the kids to the "Death Camp of Tolerance" for complaining. Garrison, showing rare wisdom, points out the difference between "Tolerance" and "Acceptance", stating that his behavior should not have been allowed around children, and that you can simply "tolerate" things you dislike without being a bigot if you don't care for it.

-Garrison would eventually decide to become a woman, in an episode that ripped on the idea, going against the modern concept of the "T" part of LGBT being a "sacred cow". Garrison becoming a woman was treated with the thoughtfulness of Kyle's dad becoming a dolphin, and Kyle becoming black so he could play basketball- the jokes flew all over the place, complete with a real "convert a penis into a vagina" surgery being shown on-screen, purely for shock value. Garrison, an idiot to the end, was enraged when she discovered that she didn't have functioning ovaries and couldn't get periods, saying "Then I'm not a REAL WOMAN!!" However, at the very end, she confesses "No, I guess I AM actually happier like this...", which theoretically comes off as sympathetic to trans people, after a full episode lampooning them. Naturally, this episode wasn't really beloved by trans people. However, the creators make it clear that Garrison is clearly the worst example of EVERYTHING, so this isn't really meant to be a damning of the entire concept.

-The sex-change causes a break-up with Garrison's boyfriend, as Mr. Slave is purely gay, and he then marries Big Gay Al. Garrison, naturally, eventually comes out as a lesbian, in an episode parodying 300, in which she "Scissors" with a lesbian and "comes out". Defending the bar Lesbos against some Persians ("who wear clothes than only a Persian would think are cool."). By this point, it's pretty clear that Garrison is just a weirdo who does whatever, and any of his or her decisions just aren't made with a clear head. The show would later be MUCH more sympathetic to them when Cartman pretends to be trans for bathroom privileges- anyone seen having problems with trans people are parodied as "Cissies" (sounds exactly like "Sissies") and are relegated to their OWN bathroom, while everyone else can simply go about their lives normally.

-Eventually, however, Garrison casually decides to become a man again. This is treated with zero fanfare or dignity (a new penis is grown on the back of a mouse, which escapes, scaring the town's women). Garrison later rapes Donald Trump to death, but actually BECOMES the show's representation of Trump, engaging in a Presidential Race that consists more of verbal gaffes than anything. Humorously, Matt & Trey decided to portray Garrison as the worst candidate ever (both despise Trump), to the point where he was DELIBERATELY trying to destroy his own campaign... but Trump ended up WINNING in real life, necessitating Garrison actually winning despite himself! This is because they were taken as much by surprise as much of America by the "Rise of Trump". Garrison turned orange, got a stupid wig, and became more and more stupid as time went on, with his Trumpian inability to respond well to criticism was played for laughs. His anger and easily-provoked nature leads to disaster, as he cannot stay off of his smartphone, and eventually he ends up nuking Canada.
M4C8

Re: Jab's Builds! (Randy! TIMMEH!!! Jimmy! PC Principal! Mr. Garrison!)

Post by M4C8 »

You know what the most amazing thing about Trump is? despite all his stupidity and that he won primary due to protest votes he's actually been one of the most successful first term presidents in history (though granted that's probably more to do with luck than anything else) The US stock market has had a record number of highs, unemployment is at an all time low throughout all demographics, the 'Average' American is better off, they've seen their 'jerbs' protected, their businesses doing better which has led to the the towns they live in being more financially secure. I'd be as surprised as anyone else if he was elected for a second term but there are a significant number of people who see that they're better off and can now afford to provide for their families and so probably wouldn't ignore that and not vote for him again because he makes stupid or un-PC comments.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

M4C8 wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:34 pm You know what the most amazing thing about Trump is? despite all his stupidity and that he won primary due to protest votes he's actually been one of the most successful first term presidents in history (though granted that's probably more to do with luck than anything else) The US stock market has had a record number of highs, unemployment is at an all time low throughout all demographics, the 'Average' American is better off, they've seen their 'jerbs' protected, their businesses doing better which has led to the the towns they live in being more financially secure. I'd be as surprised as anyone else if he was elected for a second term but there are a significant number of people who see that they're better off and can now afford to provide for their families and so probably wouldn't ignore that and not vote for him again because he makes stupid or un-PC comments.
Yeah, I rarely contribute to political commentary here (and I apologize to Jab for doing so now), but I'm convinced that most Americans vote with their wallets rather than ideology at the end of the day. I think it's easy and fun to be outraged at Trump (and usually appropriate, as well), but if people aren't dying and have money in their pockets, they don't much care what the President says and does.

(Haven't commented on South Park otherwise because, like Ares, I actually watch very little comedy. The eps I have seen have been pretty brilliant even when attacking things I personally hold to be important - unlike Family Guy.)
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

drkrash wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:43 pm
M4C8 wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:34 pm You know what the most amazing thing about Trump is? despite all his stupidity and that he won primary due to protest votes he's actually been one of the most successful first term presidents in history (though granted that's probably more to do with luck than anything else) The US stock market has had a record number of highs, unemployment is at an all time low throughout all demographics, the 'Average' American is better off, they've seen their 'jerbs' protected, their businesses doing better which has led to the the towns they live in being more financially secure. I'd be as surprised as anyone else if he was elected for a second term but there are a significant number of people who see that they're better off and can now afford to provide for their families and so probably wouldn't ignore that and not vote for him again because he makes stupid or un-PC comments.
Yeah, I rarely contribute to political commentary here (and I apologize to Jab for doing so now), but I'm convinced that most Americans vote with their wallets rather than ideology at the end of the day. I think it's easy and fun to be outraged at Trump (and usually appropriate, as well), but if people aren't dying and have money in their pockets, they don't much care what the President says and does.

(Haven't commented on South Park otherwise because, like Ares, I actually watch very little comedy. The eps I have seen have been pretty brilliant even when attacking things I personally hold to be important - unlike Family Guy.)
In my opinion(which is worth only the grain of salt you put in it) we were kindof stuck betwixt the "lesser of two evils" problem at the time.
While everbody & their grandma knew Trump was a hothead and total tool,Hillary couldn't keep a secret to save her life and was just an embittered old woman with an axe to grind......in the end,i think we made the best choice of a bad lot(still think Donny needs to pick his buddies a lot better,but i can't really complain as i have a bad case of Good Neighbor-Itis).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ultimately, the economy is ALWAYS the decider in elections- "What's better for ME?" trumps everything else. I remember a class in college where some old man kept whining about "the tail wagging the dog" (which is a meaningless statement), but the professor simply reiterated that a successful economy will nearly always get someone re-elected, and a bad or slow one will prevent it.

The guy who predicted Trump would beat Hillary (one of the ONLY major people to do so), using his big "List Of Criteria", even pointed out that thought economic recovery had occurred under Obama from the disastrous Bush Years, it wasn't fast ENOUGH for many people, and it screwed is incumbent. I mean, if you look at American Unemployment Rates, it's going at the exact same rate as Germany's & the UK's, and has been following an identical progression since 2010. It just wasn't enough for people.
Jabroniville

Caitlyn Jenner

Post by Jabroniville »

CAITLYN JENNER
Role:
Sidekick

-With Transgender Rights being one of the big "issues" of the day, it was inevitable that South Park give their take on it. Initially parodying the idea, equating "I always wanted to be a woman" with "I always wanted to be a dolphin", they still admitted that anyone who had a PROBLEM with the idea needed to get over themselves, with an episode that forced anyone cisgender who couldn't DEAL with trans kids using different bathrooms into using the "Cissie" bathroom. However, they would also rip on the weird sort of hero worship Caitlyn Jenner got- as Kyle pointed out, nobody thought BRUCE Jenner was a good person, so why are we suddenly forced to pretend that Caitlyn Jenner is both good and beautiful? Caitlyn in the show is a bit of a one-note gag, with some fun stuff coming from her being a sidekick of Mr. Garrison (eventually becoming Vice-President!), and constantly running people down with her car.
Jabroniville

Sarah Jessica Parker

Post by Jabroniville »

Interviewer: "I very rarely feel bad for anybody you portray on “South Park,” but I winced when I saw you give Sarah Jessica Parker an enormous nose and huge, crossed eyes."

Parker: "My girlfriend’s the same way. She loves every show, but she’s like, 'You guys were really mean to her.'"

Stone: "When we were doing the episode, all the women in the room were like, “That’s really mean.” But what’s so mean? She’s on the cover of Vogue with her wispy clothes and her made-up face, and you’re like, O.K., you put yourself out there as a sex symbol. . . . She bums me out. If I’m on the cover of Funny Animator, that kind of makes sense. But if I was on the cover of Men’s Health, it would be knives out on Matt Stone."

Interviewer: "Her husband, Matthew Broderick, is pretty much the king of Broadway. Have you met him?"

Parker: "No. But I’m sure that if we had, he would have said, “You guys are so right.'"

SARAH JESSICA PARKER
Role:
Freaky Moose-Monster

-Oh man, THIS one. So mean, but so pointed. See, the whole "Sarah Jessica Parker" thing has been going for some time- while she looked hot in Hocus Pocus, she seemingly got uglier and uglier with each passing year once Sex and the City hit the air, and for some reason, she STILL got put up by fashion magazines as something to be mimicked. This led to a big backlash among straight males, who were like "The FUUUUUUU---?" over this, to the point where "Sarah Jessica Parker is Ugly" was a meme. But women got very defensive over it- not just because every woman I know is a HUGE S&TC fan (like, obsessively- ever notice all those new boy names rhyming with "Aiden"? That is 100% this show's doing), but because women know they live in a world that places huge value on their looks- both men AND women judge women's looks as a huge measure of their overall worth, so such a pointed, aggressive, mean takedown of a famous woman's looks... STRIKES them a little harder. They take it personally. They know "they'll make fun of ME like that, too". I've even read an idiotic blog post or two by women insisting that "we're taking beauty standards back" from men by defending this troglodytic monster from... well, basically conventional beauty standards.

-The fact that men were annoyed by the S&TC craze just made it worse. And Matt & Trey dogpiled in, giving us our most focus satire of SJP's looks, calling her beastlike (and a "transvestite donkey witch") and having a hunter fatally shoot her because he mistook her for a moose. Butters, who was mourning the deaths of the beautiful Kardashians, blows off SJP's demise, because "I don't care about her- SHE'S UGLY!"

-Matt & Trey pointed out the hilarity of the whole situation- saying that every female member of their staff was coming up to them, going "you guys were really mean to her". And they just brought up the absurdity of the situation- that she was on MAGAZINE COVERS and treated like a fashion icon or symbol of beauty, when she was clearly hideous to anyone with a pair of eyes. Stone compares it to him being on the cover of Men's Health, saying anyone who puts themselves out like that has it coming.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

I was twelve when Hocus Pocus came out and I'll admit I really fancied her in that movie...

..but then I always have liked horses.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'