Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Obsidius

Post by Jabroniville »

OBSIDIUS (Video Games)
First Appearance:
"Godzilla Unleashed" (video game)
Role: Game-Only Monster
Size: 100 meters (328 feet)
PL 14 (209)
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA 18 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills: 
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 13 (+11, +21 Size)
Ranged Combat (Lava Breath) 2 (+6)

Advantages: 
Fast Grab, Fearless, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Startle, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 21 (Str & Sta +21, +21 Mass, +10 Intimidation, -10 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -21 Stealth) -- (310 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [43]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 29) [33]

"Tremorsense" Senses 4 (Ranged Radius Touch Sense x2) [4]
"Rock Creature" Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]
Immunity 2 (Lava) [2]

"Lava Breath" Blast 23 (Feats: Extended Range 4) (Extras: Penetrating 18) (70) -- [72]
  • AE: "Lava Line" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 240ft. Line +3) (56)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (42)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Lava Breath +5 (+14 Damage/+23 Ranged Damage, DC 29-38)
Area Attacks +16 Area (+16 Damage, DC 31)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +22 (+15 Impervious), Fortitude +18, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Obsidius cannot speak, nor use his claws to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: -8 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 167 / Defenses: 30 (209)

-Obsidius debuted in the Godzilla Unleashed video game, and appears to be made of rock. He was brought to life by some energy crystals from space, created by Space Godzilla. His vocalizing is actually taken from Frank Welker's sound effects work for The Land Before Time. As a video game-only monster, I'm calling him PL 14.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Orochi

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:31 pm Image

YAMATA NO OROCHI (Heisei Era)
First Appearance:
"Yamato Takeru" (1994)
Role: The Big Bad, Evil Monster, Super-Dragon
Size: 300 meters (985 feet)
PL 18 (309)

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Orochi cannot speak, nor use his heads to easily manipulate objects.
Motivation (Destroying Japan)

Total: Abilities: -16 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 32 / Powers: 254 / Defenses: 31 (309)

-Orochi is the fabled eight-headed serpent of Japanese Mythology, and featured in a Toho film The Birth of Japan in 1959 (where he was defeated by Susanoo, who plied his eight heads with sake and trapped him in a tree, slaying him with a sword thereafter), and was resurrected in 1994 for Yamato Takeru, another mythology-themed film. In the latter film, he is the former god Tsukuyomi, an Underworld God to turns evil over jealousy of his sister Amaterasu, the Goddess of Heaven. He is beaten by Susanoo in the past, but returns to the present, where he is finally beaten by servants of Amaterasu.

-He only appears once, and is apparently defeated pretty quickly, but he's supposedly twice the size of Heisei Ghidorah, so I went with PL 18.
Now thats an awesome design. Kind of makes me wonder if Ghidorah and Orochi aren't related somehow. Which makes the idea of multiple monsters like this pants-crappingly terrifying.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
HalloweenJack

Re: Orochi

Post by HalloweenJack »

Ares wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:33 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:31 pm Image

YAMATA NO OROCHI (Heisei Era)
First Appearance:
"Yamato Takeru" (1994)
Role: The Big Bad, Evil Monster, Super-Dragon
Size: 300 meters (985 feet)
PL 18 (309)

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Orochi cannot speak, nor use his heads to easily manipulate objects.
Motivation (Destroying Japan)

Total: Abilities: -16 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 32 / Powers: 254 / Defenses: 31 (309)

-Orochi is the fabled eight-headed serpent of Japanese Mythology, and featured in a Toho film The Birth of Japan in 1959 (where he was defeated by Susanoo, who plied his eight heads with sake and trapped him in a tree, slaying him with a sword thereafter), and was resurrected in 1994 for Yamato Takeru, another mythology-themed film. In the latter film, he is the former god Tsukuyomi, an Underworld God to turns evil over jealousy of his sister Amaterasu, the Goddess of Heaven. He is beaten by Susanoo in the past, but returns to the present, where he is finally beaten by servants of Amaterasu.

-He only appears once, and is apparently defeated pretty quickly, but he's supposedly twice the size of Heisei Ghidorah, so I went with PL 18.
Now thats an awesome design. Kind of makes me wonder if Ghidorah and Orochi aren't related somehow. Which makes the idea of multiple monsters like this pants-crappingly terrifying.

well in Giant Monsters All Out Attack, King Ghidorah was supposed to become Orochi at some point. He just wasn't done cooking yet.

Head canon is there are multiple creatures like that: King Ghidorah, Orochi, Death Ghidorah, Keiser Ghidorah, Grand Ghidorah, Cretaceous Ghidorah etc. That's just taking a little bit from here and there sort of a best of thing, which is how I usually visualize things
Jabroniville

Krystalak

Post by Jabroniville »

KRYSTALAK (Video Games)
First Appearance:
"Godzilla Unleashed" (video game)
Role: Game-Only Monster
Size: 100 meters (328 feet)
PL 14 (220)
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA 18 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0

Skills: 
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 13 (+11, +21 Size)
Ranged Combat (Lava Breath) 2 (+6)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Startle, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"Kaiju-Sized"
Growth 21 (Str & Sta +21, +21 Mass, +10 Intimidation, -10 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -21 Stealth) -- (310 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [43]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 29) [33]

"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]
"Crystal Creature" Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]
Immunity 2 (Lava) [2]

"Prism Beam" Blast 21 (Feats: Accurate, Extended Range 4) (Extras: Penetrating 12, Multiattack) (80) -- [82]
  • AE: "Crystal Overload" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 500ft. Burst +5) (Flaws: Tiring) (70)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (42)
Offense:
Prism Beam +7 (+21 Ranged Damage, DC 36)
Area Attacks +14 Area (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +22 (+15 Impervious), Fortitude +18, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Krystalak cannot speak, nor use his claws to easily manipulate objects.
Motivation (Power)- Krystalak seeks ultimate power by gaining more space crystals.

Total: Abilities: -8 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 176 / Defenses: 30 (220)

-Krystalak hails from Godzilla Unleashed as well, and is made of space crystals, seeking out more.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mechagodzilla! Jet Jaguar! KING GHIDORAH!!!)

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:58 pm Image

Quote: "CHHHHRRRRROOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRR!!!"

SPACE GODZILLA (Spacegojira- Heisei Era)
Created By:
Kensho Yamashita
First Appearance: "Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla" (1994)
Role: Mirror Opposite Villain
Size: 120 meters (396 feet)

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Space Godzilla cannot speak, nor use his claws to easily manipulate objects.
Enemy (Godzilla)
Power Loss (Most Abilities)- Space Godzilla grows weaker if he cannot absorb cosmic energy via his Shoulder Spires. If they are destroyed (requires a Critical Hit using Power Attack at least), he will grow weaker.

Total: Abilities: 2 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 28 / Powers: 220 / Defenses: 36 (294)

-So they had a Robot Godzilla disguised as an Evil Godzilla, but never an Evil Godzilla outright, unless you count the more menacing version of the G-Man himself. But either way, Godzilla had never TRULY fought an evil clone, and so they made one. Space Godzilla came about because of some Godzilla DNA flying around space (thanks to Biollante) mixing with some cosmic whatever, which is about as weak an origin story as you can possibly get, but hey, it gave us a giant super-bad Godzilla, so who cares? Space Godzilla kidnapped Godzilla Jr. (himself by this point almost as big as Showa-era Godzilla), made a bunch of crystal spires appear all over Japan, and caused widespread chaos until the original was able to break his limits, blow up a Shoulder Spire, and kill the guy.

-Space Godzilla is ultra-mean and built like the elite Godzilla villains, being one notch higher than the Big Man of Tokyo in PL. His Corona Beam is basically a Cosmic Atomic Breath attack, and he does PL 17 damage all over the place, in addition to creating Spires and moving stuff around Telekinetically. He is one vicious, MEAN bastard as well, using a merciless stream of attacks to bring Kaiju low. It took Godzilla & MOGUERA to stop him, and even then Godzilla had to break his limits to do it.
Lame origin, solid visuals and villain concept. Someone needs to come up with a better origin for this guy, stat, because "Cosmic, Evil Godzilla" is too good to waste.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

To be fair, something like 3/5 of the daikaijū have an origin of “normal animal exposed to bad science goo.”

Not everybody gets to be a reincarnating protector goddess or an advanced alien species’ cyborg doomsday weapon. Sometimes you’re just a radioactive shrimp.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Batgirl III wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:41 am Sometimes you’re just a radioactive shrimp.
I am not a shrimp. I am a King Prawn!
Jabroniville

Battra

Post by Jabroniville »

Quote: "skEEEEERR!!! KREEEEEEKKKKHHH!!! KREEEEECCCCHH!!!"

BATTRA (Batora- Heisei Era)
Created By:
Takao Okawara
First Appearance: "Godzilla and Mothra- Battle for Earth" (1992)
Role: Flying Monster, Opposite Colour Villain, The Earth's Defender
Size: 73 meters (241 feet)
PL 15 (180)
STRENGTH
20 STAMINA 17 AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0

Skills: 
Expertise (Survival) 5 (+6)
Intimidation 11 (+9, +18 Size)

Advantages: 
All-Out Attack, Eidetic Memory, Improved Critical (Beam) 2, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Takedown Attack

Powers:
"DaiKaiju"
Growth 20 (Str & Sta +20, +20 Mass, +10 Intimidation, -10 Dodge/Parry, +2 Speed, -20 Stealth) -- (250 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [41]
Protection 5 (Extras: Impervious 27) [32]

"Animal Senses" Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]
Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]
Flight 9 (1,000 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [9]
Speed +2 (30 mph) [2]

"Prism Beam" Blast 24 (Feats: Extended Reach 4- 1,600 feet) (Extras: Penetrating 18) (70) -- [72]
  • AE: "Prism Explosion" Blast 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (60)
  • AE: "Giant-Size Smash" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (45)
Offense:
Prism Beam +6 (+24 Ranged Damage, DC 39)
Area Attacks +15 Area (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +21 (+14 Impervious), Fortitude +17, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Kaiju)- Battra cannot speak, nor use his claws to easily manipulate objects.
Temper- Battra will not stop attacking once his mission is complete- he will destroy everything in his path, and keep going until forcibly calmed down.
Motivation (Protecting Earth By Destroying Humanity)- Battra wishes to save the planet from the scourge of humanity.

Total: Abilities: -6 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 160 / Defenses: 31 (180)

-Battra is a one-shot creature from the Heisei era and an Mirror Image Version of Mothra, being an ancient creature designed by an older culture to protect mankind and destroy it's foes- it ended up going too far and nearly destroyed the world. In the modern era, it opposed Mothra, then fought Godzilla, and then BOTH Flying Bugs teamed up to defeat Godzilla, who slew Battra when they dumped him into the Pacific Ocean. Battra's quite powerful, but still only PL 15, which means that he & Mothra both had to gang up to stand a chance against the PL 16 Godzilla in their film. He's got Energy Blasts, Wings and not much else to him. Kind of a bland creature, though his burrowing Larval form looked pretty cool.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

In theory, Battra should posses all the powers and abilities as Mothra. But, well, daikaijū suffer from one of the strongest cases of Superpower Amnesia in cinema. Toho tends to play fast and loose with their internal continuity even when they try to have some... and most of the time they don't even bother. So sometimes "depending on whose booking the match this week" a daikaijū that should be able to shoot laser beams forgets he can do it and decides to settle things with fisticuffs.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (King Ghidorah! Orochi! Space Godzilla!)

Post by Jabroniville »

So I finally figured out what I think I'll be doing for the next month and a bit. Some of this I've mentioned before, but I've shuffled the order:

* Finishing up the Kaiju builds
* Also doing up the Space Giants for Goldar's sake, as well as Pacific Rim.
* The Starjammers, one of my last "Marvel Sets" still from the ATT era.
* The Black Order, aka Thanos's Sketchpad Character mooks.
* Marvel- The Letter "T" (so... close... to finished...)
* Brutal: Paws of Fury (it's much quicker and simpler than the other fighting game sets)
* Weapons (my old Design Diary for weaponry, which I never actually put over onto Ronin Army before)
* Luke Cage Builds
* Iron Fist Builds

THEN probably Mortal Kombat. I was thinking of Samurai Shodown, but then I found out that Retro Gamer magazine is doing a big retrospective of that next month, which means it probably won't be out until I'd be halfway through or something, so I figured I'd hold off on that one. I was also thinking of a Disney set, but that's gonna be a HUGE one, even though I'd imagine it'd be a lot of simple re-posting. I'd add more info on each movie, character and the actors that played them, but even with QUICKIE posting it'd still take more than a month, easily.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:36 pm as for the Ghidorah builds, I wouldn't put any of them beyond 16.

I like KG as much as the next guy, but Lord he's overhyped.
YOU'RE over-hyped!! Ghidorah usually took on Godzilla AND another monster! And when they finally temporarily killed him, it took Anguirus tanking tons of damage and FIVE Monsters just to do it! In M&M terms, numbers are everything! Hence- Ghidorah is justified at PL 17 :P.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Ghi-ghi-ghi-ghi-Ghidorah.
Ghi-ghi-ghi-ghi-Ghidorah, let's go!
Ghidorah, Ghidorah, Ghidorah the Destroyer!
(Ghidorah)

Xiliens and King Ghidorah-dorah,
Need your help,
Grab your jetpack, let's go!
Jump in! Vamonos!
You can lead the way.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

SCC informed me via PM that old Photobucket images are now working again (the only one I hadn't transferred over yet was Star Wars). Apparently they rescinded their ransom demands a month ago: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photobucket

Seriously, though- that's one of the worst business decisions I've ever heard. They BURIED their "you can only link images by spending $400 a year" notification way into a massive "Terms & Conditions" wall of text, then ruined countless sites across the internet. When even their Wikipedia page is tearing them apart.
Following intense criticism and outrage from users, some of whom have left the site in favor of newer alternatives such as Imgur, Photobucket rescinded their earlier decision, citing customer feedback and also announcing that they are now under a new management.
Apparently their new model is cheaper than many others, but I'll never use their product again after this. Never mind that the site became almost unusable thanks to so many ads (websites begging us to turn off ad-blockers only have themselves to blame- I wouldn't NEED adblockers if those dinks didn't put up thirty to NINETY ADS on a single Wiki page!), making almost everything a huge chore. I'm Smugmug all the way, now.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

So I'm obviously blind (and maybe dumb). I've been sitting here waiting for you to build Rodan only to find out you built him like 20 pages go and just completely missed it. :D
Formerly luketheduke86
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Glad that Pacific Rim builds are coming, too. (More kaiju and mechs!) I kinda wonder if they'd ever do a Godzilla/Pacific Rim crossover (since Legendary Pictures owns the current American Godzilla and Pacific Rim), but I feel like the robots would get the tar beaten out of them. (Not that I've seen either Pacific Rim film..I have no idea if they're any good, but, it's giant robots vs kaiju, and I love that stuff.)

I actually played Brutal: Paws of Fury a long time ago. I..don't remember anything aside from I got my ass kicked a lot.