Jab’s Builds! (Whomp 'Em! Plumbers Don't Wear Ties! ToeJam & Earl!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MacynSnow

Re: TIMMEH!!!!!

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:40 am Image
TIMMY BURCH (aka Iron Maiden)

You forgot the fact that in Fractured But Whole ol' Timmy here has Prof.X styled powers......:D
MacynSnow

Re: Jimmy

Post by MacynSnow »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:45 am Image

Stan: "Jimmy! Jimmy!"
Jimmy: "He-hey there-- Stan. What's- up?"
Stan: "You've got a way with words! I need you to talk to Wendy for me. Tell her... she's a CONTINUING source of inspiration to me!"
Jimmy: "Sh-sure thing, Stan!" *shuffles over to Wendy* "Hey, W- hey Wendy."
Wendy: "... Yeah?"
Jimmy: "S-Stan says you're a CONT... you're a cont-- Stan says you're a CONT... A cont... Stan says you're a cont- cont-cont--"
Wendy: "WELL TELL STAN TO FUCK OFF!!" *Wendy angrily leaves*
Jimmy: "-TINUING source of inspiration to him!"
(Later)
Jimmy: "Sh-she just walked away, Stan! You're gonna have to face facts- it's OVER."

---

Randy: "Do you know where the boys went, Jimmy?"
Jimmy: "Sure! They're at the video st-- the video st-- the video STUUUUHHH... The video STUUUU..."
Mr. Stotch: "The video... Sandwich?"
Randy: *annoyed* "What's a video sandwich, Jimmy?"
Jimmy: "NO, YOU RETARDS!! The video... ST-ORE."

(Randy's annoyance when he asks "What's a video sandwich, Jimmy?" just slays me every time)

JIMMY VALMER (aka Fastpass)
As Fastpass: Jimmy gains super-speed.

Don't forget that as The Bard(specificaly a Level 10 with 18 charisma & a +5 Fulte) he had one of the funniest attacks in The Stick Of Truth.A little musical number called Ounce Upon A Maiden.......
There ounce was a Maiden from Stonebury Hollow,
She didn't talk much,but boy did she Swallow!
I have a nice Lance that she sat Upon,
The Maiden of Stonebury who was also your Mom!
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Satan! Woodland Critters! Randy! TIMMEH!!!)

Post by Jabroniville »

I don't play video games, so I don't know anything about what they did in those. I statted up their Super-Hero counterparts (UGH, reminds me of how much I hate doing "alternate versions" of characters), but won't be statting up their Stick of Truth versions.

The one thing EVERYONE hates about South Park though... is the CIGARETTE episode.

Okay, calling out the obese Rob Reiner for being anti-smoking is a funny point, but that whole episode made them look like clueless idiots. Especially because they acted like it was rich people picking on the poor, when they themselves trash homeless people and poor drunks routinely. It's so randomly dumb, and made them look like they willfully ignored the obvious scientific evidence in favor of "letting people do whatever they want; whenever".

Penn & Teller did the same thing on Bullshit!.

I normally agree with both pairs on things, but holy shit, that was dumb. Maybe they were just protesting what was coming- here in Alberta, you can't sell cigarettes in any store that also has a pharmacy (so they were out of grocery stores), smoke within 5 meters of ANY building's doorway, or smoke indoors in any public building- so no smoking in bars or stores (the "smoking rooms" are now... "you smoke outside").
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Woodland Critters! Randy! TIMMEH!!! Jimmy!)

Post by Jabroniville »

A friend of mine is a huge Rick & Morty fan, and tried to get me into it a couple of years ago. I asked him why the fandom was so notoriously awful (a LOT of FB posts and memes about it in the past year or so), and he responded:
Same old nerd elitism except this time they all look up to Rick and down on everyone else because a nihilistic genius that ruins everyone around him is a role model for them, I think.[/i]
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Rick and Morty's fanbase is pretty notoriously awful

I was watching a live stream of season 3 on youtube one day and there were chats in the corner, and people were just.....well.....remember Kameha King from Herochat? He would have been a minnow swimming with whales there.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:30 pm Rick and Morty's fanbase is pretty notoriously awful

I was watching a live stream of season 3 on youtube one day and there were chats in the corner, and people were just.....well.....remember Kameha King from Herochat? He would have been a minnow swimming with whales there.
I can't even imagine. He's the one who threw out repeated homophobic slurs when I said I didn't watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, so imagining him as a MINNOW among trolls is pretty freaky.
Jabroniville

Nathan

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

NATHAN
Role:
Handicapped Kid, Jimmy's Arch-Nemesis
PL 1 (11), PL 3 (11) Defenses
STRENGTH
-1 STAMINA 0 AGILITY -1
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 8 (+8)
Expertise (Drug Dealer) 4 (+3)
Expertise (Hanna-Barbera Villain) 4 (+3)

Advantages:
Second Chance (Calamities of His Own Making)

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (-1 Damage, DC 14)
Initiative -1

Defenses:
Dodge +0 (DC 10), Parry +2 (DC 12), Toughness +0, Fortitude +2, Will +4

Complications:
Disabled (Handicapped)- Nathan is handicapped, likely due to Down's Syndrome- he speaks oddly, his head is always pointed upwards, and his parents sometimes use his impediments to pretend like they don't understand him.
Enemy (Jimmy Valmer)- Nathan despises Jimmy for defeating him in numerous Lake Tardicaca athletic contests, and frequently tries to kill him. "I fucking hate you, Jimmy- I hate you so much."
Relationship (Mimsy)- The extremely stupid Mimsy is Nathan's henchman, though his frequent mistakes lead to all manner of calamity.
Disabled (Child)- Children are very short, have tiny arms, and aren't as fast as adults. They can never Intimidate an adult without a weapon, no matter their Presence, and are very lightweight, making them easy to pick up.

Total: Abilities: -2 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 7 (11)

-Nathan & Mimsy are jus the freaking BEST. Depicted as a pair of mentally-handicapped villains who behave like villains from Hanna-Barbera & Looney Tunes cartoons (specifically, Rocky & Mugsy), they scheme to murder Jimmy for no apparent reason. Nathan is the "mastermind", while Mimsy is his nincompoop sidekick- every time Mimsy says something dumb, Nathan slaps him upside the head and shouts "SHUT UP- MIMSSYYYYYYYYYY----!", which absolutely never ceases to be funny.

-Nathan debuted as a mere distributor of steroids, convincing Jimmy to cheat in the Special Olympics. Later, he appeared at Lake Tardicaca, with Mimsy as his new sidekick- since the episode was parodying Intervention, it would carry the same musical stingers and exposition style as that show, but for their Super-Villain antics. When Nathan tries to lure Jimmy into being eaten by the Lake Tardicaca shark, his plan backfires, leading to the creature leaping out of the lake and sodomizing him on the beach- the narration carefully points out the length of the Lake Tardicaca Shark's penis. Nathan is also attacked by Indians, is bitten by a black mamba, and blown up (this last one, ironically, is after he refuses to let Mimsy botch things up again).

-Nathan later appears trying to sabotage Jimmy's "Handicar" business, in which Uber-like carts are set up by Jimmy and other handicapped kids. Nathan decides to sexually-harass women while acting as a Handicar driver, hoping the bad reviews will hurt Handicar... he turns around and says "Would you like to see my PENIS?". The woman stares at him a moment and then replies, in a man's voice, "SURE. Would you like to see MINE?". We then cut to Nathan screaming in the bathroom, the man-in-woman's-clothing rushing out adjusting his dress, and Nathan stumbling out going "That was even worse than the SHARK". South Park laughs at anyone else's attempts at jokes in bad taste.

-Nathan shows up a couple more times, but these lack the intensity of his "Lake Tardicaca" & "Handicar" appearances. The running gag of him slapping Mimsy NEVER gets old, for some reason. Nathan does have a great takedown of Political Correctness, though, comparing it to "the verbal form of gentrification.", stating that it's all about gussying things up, and pretending things aren't the way that they are. A "false sense of paradise".

-Nathan is mentally-handicapped, but a capable liar and villain, with a good enough Fortitude save to survive rape via shark, and black mamba venom. Mimsy is probably quite horribly off mentally, but his takedown of taxis (in comparisoin to Uber) is perfection: instead of mumbling "duh- GEE boss!" like he always does, he goes into a minute-long rant about how taxi service is simply dying out due to natural selection in a business sense, and that the new services will inevitably replace it because they are superior, and it's time to let taxis die. Nathan's annoyed reaction simply causes Mimsy to slap HIMSELF, repeating the "SHUT UP- MIMSSYYYYYYY----!" catchphrase on his own.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

*considers arguing about the exploitative side and other problems of über and the like*

*Reconsiders and decides to post something funny¹ instead*

¹Possible feelings of incoming dystopia aside
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:57 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:30 pm Rick and Morty's fanbase is pretty notoriously awful

I can't even imagine. He's the one who threw out repeated homophobic slurs when I said I didn't watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, so imagining him as a MINNOW among trolls is pretty freaky.
like Marvels, it was something to see
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I hadn't considered their Walmart-style "fix prices to hurt competitors" stuff, nor their apparent under-paying of staff, as Uber isn't as big here. I suppose that would bode ill for the future, but cab drivers in Edmonton are pretty bad. My friend is a cop, and... says things.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Heidi

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

HEIDI TURNER
Role:
Smart Girl-Turned-Female Cartman
PL 0 (9), PL 2 (9) Defenses
STRENGTH
-2 STAMINA -1 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 0 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (Science) 4 (+6)
Perception 2 (+4)
Persuasion 2 (+2)

Advantages:
None

Offense:
Unarmed +0 (-2 Damage, DC 13)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +0 (DC 10), Parry +0 (DC 10), Toughness -1, Fortitude +0, Will +4

Complications: 
Relationship (Eric Cartman)- When they both lost their internet access, they formed a relationship, helped by Cartman pretending to be sensitive and politically-correct. She didn't want to admit she'd made a mistake in choosing him... and soon, things soon descended into Eric using emotional blackmail ("I'll kill myself!") and calling her verbally-abusive, until finally, he'd shifted her personality into a version of his own. Naturally, he loves her much more like this.
Responsibility (Female)- All females become famished for blowjobs after seeing Broadway musicals, via extremely-subtle subliminal messaging.
Disabled (Child)- Children are very short, have tiny arms, and aren't as fast as adults. They can never Intimidate an adult without a weapon, no matter their Presence, and are very lightweight, making them easy to pick up.

Total: Abilities: 2 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 3 (9)

-Heidi Turner is the biggest case of a background character being given a push since Butters hit it big. She debuted in Season Three as a nothing character with a random personality, only to later become one of the most sensitive and politically-correct characters in town after being bullied online by a troll. She hooks up with CARTMAN of all people, while he's pretending to be nice, and eventually all of his mental abuse transforms her into a female version of himself. Many of the early jokes based around her involved Cartman talking about how "Smart and Funny" she is, a parody of how people in feminist-influenced groups constantly have to "play up" the attributes of women- Heidi IS quite smart, but she's certainly not funny.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:35 pm I hadn't considered their Walmart-style "fix prices to hurt competitors" stuff, nor their apparent under-paying of staff, as Uber isn't as big here. I suppose that would bode ill for the future, but cab drivers in Edmonton are pretty bad. My friend is a cop, and... says things.
Oh, I'll criticize über and similar stuff, but I'm not praising taxis when I say that. Taxis are awful in their own special way XD
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

I've found that those who complain over jokes about certain subjects (such as disability) are rarely the ones with first hand experience, they're usually 'outraged' on the behalf of others. There's a huge difference between a joke being just that, a joke and using jokes to slyly promote genuine discriminatory views, sadly is seems less and less people now are sensible enough to recognise that difference.

Stephen Hawking was the perfect example of not taking life too seriously despite living with something very serious.

When I was a kid, I remember watching a disabled comedian, he'd sit on stage in his wheelchair doing his act and if anyone stood up or walked past him he'd shout 'Are you taking the piss?'

I've heard many stories about the banter between soldiers, including those that have been seriously injured. There's a guy who became quite famous here called Simon Weston, he was on a ship that got hit by a missile during the Falkland's conflict, he suffered serious burns to pretty much his entire body. A comedian here who does a lot with our armed forces tells several great stories of his experiences with forces personnel, one story he tells is about a time when he met up with a group of disabled vets, while they were chatting and joking Simon Weston walked in, one of the guys who knew him shouted out (in a very strong Welsh accent) 'Hello Simon, we were just talking abut you, were you fuxxing ears burning again?' :lol:
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

M4C8 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:18 pm I've found that those who complain over jokes about certain subjects (such as disability) are rarely the ones with first hand experience, they're usually 'outraged' on the behalf of others. There's a huge difference between a joke being just that, a joke and using jokes to slyly promote genuine discriminatory views, sadly is seems less and less people now are sensible enough to recognise that difference.

Stephen Hawking was the perfect example of not taking life too seriously despite living with something very serious.

When I was a kid, I remember watching a disabled comedian, he'd sit on stage in his wheelchair doing his act and if anyone stood up or walked past him he'd shout 'Are you taking the piss?'
Tone (often lost on the internet) and familiarity with the person also makes a lot of difference. Among friends you can say some horrible stuff jokingly that you should probably avoid to a stranger or someone you just met.

Additionally, while I think just about every subject is OK to joke about, especially on media that people can just opt not to read/watch/whatever, paying attention to context becomes more important when personally talking to people. Like, my friends in general are fond of quite horrible, dark humor, but if one of them got pregnant and lost the baby, It would be wise to avoid abortion jokes around her at least until I can be reasonably sure she is in an emotional situation in which that wouldn't make her feel horrible. When talking to someone I don't know well, I'll be much more mindful of what I'm saying because I don't have any idea of their life experiences and I don't wanna be hurtful when the intent is to be funny.

Well...I have had games of Cards Against Humanity (with many of our own horrible custom cards) including people I just met, but we always are very clear about what that game involves before we get to playing it XD

(I still have suspicion that my friend's girlfriend now thinks I'm a closeted racist, and me being pale white with completely shaved hair probably doesn't help).
Ken

Post by Ken »

A very funny comedian, who happens to have cerebral palsy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnMyM6Z4Zxo
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.