Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
catsi563

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Sailor Phi & Chi! Sailor Galaxia! Tuff E Nuff!)

Post by catsi563 »

drkrash wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:58 pm If you ever decide you want a system that is more flexible and more balanced to do the same job, let me know.

SFRPG is a fun game, but it's not well-balanced and I disagree that it nailed the feel of Street Fighter. YMMV., as I have obviously built an indie RPG career around the idea that it could be done better. :)
Im aware of FiGHT and trying to save up so i can get the new color book ive even got some of the first ed stuff on my DTRPG wishlist

so that content is not out of the question For now its partly based on the system and the established characters needing to add a whole new group of conversions would drive me nuttier then i allready am not that it would stop me :P
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

K's

Post by Jabroniville »

K'S
First Appearance:
Tuff E Nuff (1993)
Home Country: Japan
Role: Mid-Boss, Weapon-Arm Guy
Vague Martial Art Basis: Military Fighting Style
PL 8 (95)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+11)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Expertise (Military) 5 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+7)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 5 (+7)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Steel Pounce), Ranged Attack 6

Off-Brand "World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Light Attack), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Lightning Storm" Damage 6 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Reduced Defenses -2) (8) -- [9]
  • AE: "Steel Pounce" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
"Metal Arms"
Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) [2]
Enhanced Advantages: Close Attack [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Metal Arms +11 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Steel Pounce +9 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Lightning Storm +6 Area (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Power)
Weakness (Predictability)- These characters cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time they try the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, they will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 7 + 10 / Powers: 12 / Defenses: 10 (107)

-K's (pronounced "Kizu") is a 29-year old cyborg from Germany who fights using cybernetic limbs- there's not much on him, and his design is "Just some shirtless guy" aside from that.

-K's's weapon arms give him extreme range and good accuracy in-game. Never mind that freaking LIGHTNING STORM- one of the most unfair moves I've ever seen in a Fighting Game- the damn thing is a vertical lightning bolt running the full height of the screen, which then projects FORWARDS, thus covering everything in front of him! This is blockable (but will still do damage)- try to dodge it at all and you will lose almost half your health bar. Just insane. Overall, he is PL 7.5 (in a game full of PL 6.5s), and has a +6 Area Attack, which makes him exceptionally dangerous to them.
Jabroniville

Jade

Post by Jabroniville »

JADE (Jadoh)
First Appearance:
Tuff E Nuff (1993)
Home Country: ??
Role: Final Boss, Fist of the North Star Villain
Vague Martial Art Basis: "Aura"
PL 8 (126)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+9)
Athletics 6 (+11)
Deception 2 (+6)
Expertise (Criminal) 6 (+8)
Intimidation 6 (+10)
Perception 5 (+7)
Ranged (Energy Attacks) 4 (+10)

Advantages:
Benefit 4 (The Fighting King), Close Attack 1, Fearless, Improved Critical (Unarmed +1), Improved Critical (Blast Wave), Improved Critical (Frankensteiner), Ranged Attack 6

Off-Brand "World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Light Attack), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Blast Wave/Plasma Ball" Blast 6 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 2) (Diminished Range -1) (8) -- [9]
  • AE: "Sonic Knee" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Special Moves +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Energy Blasts +10 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +5 (+6 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (The Fighting King)- Jade has installed himself as the ruler of the world, leading via a citadel guarded by six other warriors.
Weakness (Predictability)- These characters cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time they try the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, they will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 15 + 10 / Powers: 9 / Defenses: 11 (126)

-Jade is our Final Boss, looking straight out of Fist of the North Star- he's massive compared to every other character, has blond hair, and is an energy-shooting bad-ass. He lives in the citadel you've been fighting your way through, and calls himself "The Fighting King".

-Jade has multiple Energy Blasts, at a time when that was rare- he shoots out a Sonic Boom-style flying one, a skyward Anti-Air, and even an SNK-style "Floor Wave". This makes him one of very few Fighting Game characters to match his PL at range AND melee. He's otherwise a tad sluggish by Fighting Game Boss standards, just tanking a lot of hits.
Davies

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Sailor Galaxia! Tuff E Nuff- Sho! Beans! Rei!)

Post by Davies »

<starts to raise an objection>
<checks facts>

... huh. There is such a thing as purple jade. Go fig.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:54 am <starts to raise an objection>
<checks facts>

Sir, this is the internet. You are to express outrage via longform essays, not stop yourself via silly things like "research".
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:31 am
<checks facts>

Sir, this is the internet. You are to express outrage via longform essays, not stop yourself via silly things like "research".
Ma’am, this is Echoes of the Multiverse. You are expect to express outrage via meticulously researched longform essays about silly things like how many freckles Cyclone has on each cheek or the exact direction in which Superman’s spit-curl curls.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Cassandra Nova

Post by Jabroniville »

CASSANDRA NOVA
Created By:
Grant Morrison & Frank Quitely
First Appearance: The New X-Men #114 (July 2001)
b]Role:[/b] Suddenly-Introduced Sibling, Psychopathic Monster, Psionic Mastermind
Group Affiliations: The X-Men (in Charles' Body)
PL 16 (505)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Deception 11 (+15)
Expertise (Science) 7 (+12)
Insight 7 (+12)
Intimidation 10 (+14)
Investigation 4 (+9)
Perception 10 (+15)
Persuasion 7 (+11)
Stealth 6 (+6)
Technology 5 (+10)
Treatment 5 (+10)

Advantages:
Assessment, Diehard, Fearless, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Trance, Well-Informed

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: DNA Duplication"
Morph 2 (Beings Whose DNA She's Stolen) [10]

"Mind Shield" Enhanced Will Check 8 (Flaws: Limited to Mental Attacks) [4]
"Mental Detection" Senses 7 (Mental Awareness- Ranged, Radius, Acute, Detect Mutants- Ranged & Radius) [7]
Immunity 11 (Life Support, Aging) [11]
Regeneration 4 [4]
Immortality 2 [4]

Mind-Reading 15 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Effortless, Cumulative, Sensory Link) Linked to Mental Communication 4 (Feats: Subtle) (Extras: Area, Selective) (101) -- [115]
  • Dynamic AE: "Focused Mind Control" Mind Control 16 (Feats: Dynamic, Insidious) (Extras: Concentration) (82)
  • Dynamic AE: "Group Mind Control" Mind Control 15 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2, Selective) (Flaws: Touch Range -2) (76)
  • Dynamic AE: "Mental Stun" Affliction 16 (Will; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Perception Range +2, Cumulative) (65)
  • Dynamic AE: "Astral Form" Remote Sensing 15 (Visuals & Hearing) (Feats: Dynamic, Dimensional) (Flaws: Physical Body is Defenseless) (32)
  • Dynamic AE: "Focused Mental Blast" Damage 16 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Perception Range +2, Will Save) (65)
  • Dynamic AE: "Mental Illusions" Illusion (All Senses) 14 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Selective) (Flaws: Resisted by Will) (57)
  • AE: "Area Mental Blast" Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2, Selective, Will Save) (70)
  • AE: "Brainwashing" Affliction 16 (Will; Dazed/Compelled/Transformed Mentally) (Extras: Perception Range +2, Cumulative, Progressive +2) (97)
Force Field 6 [6]
"Disintegration" Blast 14 (Feats: Dynamic) Linked to Weaken 10 (Extras: Ranged, Affects Objects) (58) -- [70]
  • Dynamic AE: Force Field 8 (Feats: Dynamic, Increased Mass 4) (Extras: Affects Others 13) (26)
  • Dynamic AE: "TK Attack" Blast 14 (Feats: Dynamic, Penetrating 8) (37)
  • Dynamic AE: "TK Ram" Damage 14 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Line +2) (43)
  • Dynamic AE: "TK Wave" Damage 14 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Cone +2) (43)
  • Dynamic AE: "Telekinesis" Move Object 14 (Feats: Dynamic, Precise) (30)
  • Dynamic AE: Flight 5 (60 mph) (Feats: Dynamic) (11)
"Body Possession"
Mind Control 16 (Feats: Dynamic, Insidious, Instant Recovery, Subtle 2) (Extras: Sustained +2) [101]
"Phasing" Insubstantial 4 (Feats: Selective) Linked to Concealment 2 (Visuals) [29]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Mind Control +15-16 Perception/Area (+15-16 Affliction, DC 25-26)
Mental Stun/Brainwashing +16 Perception (+16 Perception Affliction, DC 26)
Mental Blast +16 Perception (+16 Perception Damage, DC 31)
Area Blast +14 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+9-18 Force Field), Fortitude +12, Will +12 (+20 vs. Mental Attacks)

Complications:
Motivation (Destroying Charles Xavier)- Nova is a mummudrai, an "evil opposite" of Professor Xavier, and is compelled to destroy him.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 72--36 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 372 / Defenses: 29 (505)

-I wasn't a huge fan of the Morrison/Quitely arc of X-Men (ugly, UGLY art, goofy stories and random characterization, especially of Magneto), but there were some good parts- I liked the fact that they made Xavier's a school again, shook up the status quo, added in some more freaky-looking mutants, and Cassandra Nova. A vile, evil woman, Nova had some Morrison-ish origin I can't quite figure out- Professor X's twin, who was nearly-killed in the womb... but it turns out she put herself in the womb, so Fetus Xavier was justified in doing so. She was born a bodiless psionic entity- a "mummudrai" of Shi'ar mythology that each Shi'ar must face in the womb as their first "other"- an enemy they must defeat. Then she morphed into some crazy gross female Professor X thing. She's threatened the X-Men a few times, showcasing her truly horrific power levels, and it's always pretty cool when she lets loose. She gets Lilandra of the Shi'ar to send the Imperial Guard & Superguardians against the X-Men, raising all kinds of hell until Jean Grey, empowered by the Phoenix, expelled her from Xavier's mind and tricked her into possessing the inert body of Stuff- a Superguardian polymorph. This mass of cells was locked beneath the X-Mansion.

-In Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, they do a picture-perfect example of how to do a telepathic assault- essentially, Kitty Pryde imagines a world in which her first-born child is taken from her by Xavier and the X-Men- including her husband, Colossus- and responds to this betrayal by "phasing" her baby out of his prison. But the baby is actually Nova's "Stuff" body, and Kitty had been tricked. And she's STILL messed up by it several issues later- the betrayal felt so real that she still resents the people who were framed. Nova tries to possess Armor and go on the loose, but it appears she is defeated. This is shockingly the last use of Nova for about ten years- only two writers- both "Stunt Hires" by Marvel- had used her.

-Nova finally returns in the "Hickman Era"- she has been body-hopping ever since her last defeat. She takes over several heads of state and turns them into anti-mutant zealots, but Jean Grey engages in the creation of mass-produced Magneto helmets, which ends her possession. Finally, Cassandra is de-powered and Jean forces her way into Nova's psyche and forces her to feel all of the pain and suffering she has caused until others, and experiencing empathy for the first time in her existence. This ends her threat at this moment.

-Though her origin is ridiculous, I actually don't mind Cassandra Nova. The X-Men desperately needed a new "Big Villain" at that time, and her origin doesn't harm anyone else's (she's not REALLY Xavier's twin), and she's a different level of threat- much more secretive and clever than the brutish, hedonistic Shadow King. Her reappearance in Astonishing was particularly great, with Hank's "oh god no" look of mortal terror really selling the threat. To say nothing of the hilarity of Wolverine regressing into his childhood form ("I'm the best there is at what I do. And what I do... is so terribly pretty!"). Like, many villains are threats. But Nova? Nova CHANGES you.

-Nova is PRICEY. She gets this way thanks to a grab-bag of every telepathic & telekinetic power ever, PLUS Body Possession, which she can do outside of the Telepathy Array, meaning she basically pays for an extra thing (in addition to regular ol' Mind Control, which IS in the Array). She's also nigh-impossible to kill. Her mental powers are beyond even Xavier's, as she can open up and warp the minds of any X-Man, up to and including Emma Frost, possess Xavier himself, and even turn Wolverine into a pathetic nancy-boy (and Beast into a growling man-kitty). She's pretty much the living definition of a super-team's worst nightmare, and you pretty much have to cheat to win.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:05 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:31 am
<checks facts>

Ma’am, this is Echoes of the Multiverse. You are expect to express outrage via meticulously researched longform essays about silly things like how many freckles Cyclone has on each cheek or the exact direction in which Superman’s spit-curl curls.
3 on each cheek and to the right :P
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
drkrash

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Sailor Phi & Chi! Sailor Galaxia! Tuff E Nuff!)

Post by drkrash »

catsi563 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:06 pm Im aware of FiGHT and trying to save up so i can get the new color book ive even got some of the first ed stuff on my DTRPG wishlist

so that content is not out of the question For now its partly based on the system and the established characters needing to add a whole new group of conversions would drive me nuttier then i allready am not that it would stop me :P
One last bit of shilling and I'll move on. Fight! Movelist will be out in a month or two and it will have 400 pre-made Special Moves in it. That would make the process of generating new characters like these losers a lot easier. But also: it will be super-easy to use this new book to translate all your SFRPG characters to Fight Special Moves with no effort...
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
catsi563

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Tuff E Nuff- Rei & Jade! Cassandra Nova!)

Post by catsi563 »

sweet even better

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Kaiser Knuckle

Post by Jabroniville »

KAISER KNUCKLE (aka Global Champion):
Release Date: 1994
Made By: Taito

-Another in the long, LONG line of forgotten Street Fighter Clones is Global Champion, the generic foreign title for Japan's Kaiser Knuckle. Nowadays, the game is only famous for its RIDICULOUSLY cheap Final Boss.

In the game, you can select one of nine fighters, doing the standard Fighting Game thing until you fight three Bosses- a Russian Judoka, a Mesoamerican masked warrior, and a generic "Evil Nazi/Soldier Guy" who clearly evokes M. Bison (himself evoking many prior characters with a similar style, but most Fighting Game characters who look like that are M. Bison knock-offs). Unusually, there are FIVE differerent strengths of attacks- this is the only Fighting Game in history to do so, apparently. Stages also have "Power Zones", where if you hit a successful Special Move while your "Crush Meter" is full, a fire or electrical hazard will be set off. Some backgrounds are destructible.

The game was the "twelfth-most popular arcade cabinet" of 1994 according to Wikipedia, but nobody I know has ever heard of it. A sequel was planned for late 1994, but it was discontinued. A ROM was dumped onto the internet much later, revealing that the first two bosses, Gonzales & Azteca, are playable. Much later, a Kaiser Knuckle 2 was planned as a 3-D Fighting Game, but it too was cancelled, replaced with something called Psychic Force, with all the old models being replaced.

Nowadays, the only notoriety the game seems to have is from playthroughs showing the INSANE powers of General, who has incredible speed, priority, and attacks that are nigh-impossible to avoid.

The Roster:
Kazuya: A Ryu Clone- long-haired Japanese dude in torn jeans.
Lihua: Taiwanese Swordfighter out to save her parents.
Barts: Biker from the U.S.A., out to save his girlfriend.
Wulong: Chinese martial artist out to pay off a debt to a Chinese gang.
Liza: Brazillian jungle girl with a monkey sidekick.
Boggy: Black guy, so OF COURSE he's a dancing, smiling guy.
Gekkou: Standard-Issue Ninja. Spiked shoulderpads, though!
Jim McCoy: American Boxer.
Marco: Mutated German.
Gonzales: Russian Sub-Boss. Judoka.
Azteca: Aztec Sub-Boss with a mask and acrobatic fighting style.
General: Final Boss. One of the most ludicrously cheap Fighting Game characters of all time.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Kazuya

Post by Jabroniville »

KAZUYA
First Appearance:
Kaiser Knuckle (1994)
Home Country: Japan
Role: The Ryu (All-Around Guy), Off-Brand Ryu, Ladies Man
Vague Martial Art Basis: Karate
PL 7 (96)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+11)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Expertise (Streetwise) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 5 (+7)
Ranged Combat (Fireball) 6 (+8)

Advantages:
Close Attack 1, Fearless, Improved Critical (Ho'o Ken), Improved Critical (Spinning Kick), Ranged Attack 2

Off-Brand "World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Light Attack), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort (Super Move), Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Off-Brand Fireball- Ko-Oh Ken!" Blast 4 (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 2) (Diminished Range -1) (3) -- [5]
  • AE: "Air-Cutting Fang- Rising Kick" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Phantom Wolf Bullet- Dashing Punch" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Dragon Punch +8 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Fireball +8 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Getting Girls)- Unlike most "Ryus", Kazuya joins the tournament in part to impress girls.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 6 + 11 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 9 (96)

-Oh, DREADFUL. Kazuya is not only "The Ryu" of the game, but he's given the most generic art style of all time- just some shirtless guy in torn jeans and wooden sandals. It's just TERRIBLE. He even has a move called the "Ko-oh Ken", same as the guy from Martial Champion, another SF Clone. He has the basic Shotoclone moves, including a rising attack (a spinning kick) and a dashing one (a punch).
Jabroniville

Lihua

Post by Jabroniville »

LIHUA
First Appearance:
Kaiser Knuckle (1994)
Home Country: Tawain
Role: The Chick, Chinese Girl
Vague Martial Art Basis: Iaido
PL 7 (94)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 9 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11)
Expertise (Streetwise) 5 (+6)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 5 (+7)

Advantages:
Equipment (Sword +3), Improved Critical (Sword), Improved Critical (Iaizan), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 2

Off-Brand "World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Light Attack), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort (Super Move), Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Vacuum Throw" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit if Opponent Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate -1) (2) -- [4]
  • AE: "Altered Sword-Drawing Mist-Cutter" Damage 4 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cylinder) (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 2, Source- Sword) (Diminished Range -1) (1)
  • AE: "Iaizan- Sword-Drawing Slash" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Features 1: May Add Sword Damage to Special Moves [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Sword +9 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Iaizan +7 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Mist-Cutter +4 Area (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Finding Her Parents)- Lihua wishes to win the tournament in hopes of locating her missing mother and father.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 6 + 11 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 9 (94)

-Lihua is interesting- for some reason, a Taiwanese girl is using a Japanese swordfighting style- one popularized in the West by Ukyo in Samurai Shodown- it involves keeping your blade sheathed until the final moment before you strike, drawing it and slashing with a single movement. It looks COOL AS SHIT and I'm shocked it doesn't who up more often. Her design isn't bad at all- she looks like she could be from any mega-professional artist's early '90s manga with the big hair, ponytail and not-too-skimpy martial arts uniform.

-Lihua fights using the sword, using some for regular "punches" (there's a double-slash and a downwards thrust while jumping), but also an "Iaizan" flashing strike.
Davies

Re: Lihua

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:51 pm
-Lihua is interesting- for some reason, a Taiwanese girl is using a Japanese swordfighting style-
Not so odd as you might think; Taiwan was part of the Japanese empire from 1895 up until the end of World War II, and the two nations have a lot of links to this day. (It's a notable part of the mystery of Umineko When They Cry that one important character grew up in Taiwan.)
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
catsi563

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Rei & Jade! Cassandra Nova! Kaiser Knuckle!)

Post by catsi563 »

her sword style jsut FYI is known in most circles as Iai-jutsu or essentially one sword /one draw

its basic kenjutsu in many ways like other katana styles but its focus is on that one single lighting quick draw and slash. iai jutsu practitioners were quick draw artists who could take your head off before you even drew your sword

Catsi stories