Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Brigade

Post by Jabroniville »

BRIGADE (Rick Landau)
Role:
Blaster
PL 8 (110)
STRENGTH
11 STAMINA 11 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Skills: 
Expertise (Soldier) 6 (+6)
Intimidation 9 (+7)
Perception 5 (+5)
Technology 2 (+2)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Bullets), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Startle

Powers:
"Bullets & Missile From Body" Blast 8 (Extras: Multiattack) [24]
Power-Lifting 1 (100 tons) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Bullets & Missiles +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +11, Fortitude +11, Will +4

Complications:
Involuntary Transformation (Multiple Personalities)- Brigade's multiple consciousnesses sometimes fight for control, leaving him prone to seizures.
Power Loss (Bullets)- Brigade can lose energy with too many Blasts, and recovers slowly.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 25 / Defenses: 9 (110)

-Brigade was once a full unit of Marines, killed by a nerve agent in Iraq- Niles Van Roekel combined all of their corpses together to form a living weapon. Their former commander made up the central command of the being, which fired plasma like bullets from his body. It's a bit tough to put a powerhouse into PL 8 stats, as their accuracy goes to hell pretty badly, but +5 is decent enough to hit SOME guys. One of his major issues in the game (where he is one of the strongest characters, and a great Blaster) is his lack of speed- most characters specialize in moving quite quickly, while Brigade is rather slow. He also recovers energy at a slow pace.
Jabroniville

Johnny Ohm

Post by Jabroniville »

JOHNNY OHM (John Ostram)
Role:
Violent Criminal, The Ryu
PL 8 (120)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills: 
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Athletics 8 (+11)
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Criminal) 6 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Evasion, Improved Critical (Electricity), Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Lightning Bolt" Blast 8 (16) -- [17]
AE: "Lightning" Damage 8 (Inaccurate -1) (7)
Flight 5 (60 mph) [10]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Electricity +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Lightning Bolt +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Reputation (Criminal)- Johnny Ohm is a violent delinquent, and is now wanted for murder (he was framed).

Total: Abilities: 62 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 27 / Defenses: 12 (120)

-I remember seeing a lot of this guy back in the day- the ads prominently featured him opposing Wolverine or somebody. While I found the game's concept stupid, I was at least impressed by the guy's name- I think "Johnny Ohm" is a pretty cool-sounding name for an electrically-powered crook. He was a violent criminal who was set to be executed (he was framed for the crime, however), but the electric chair ended up giving him super-powers. He's sort of the "Ryu" of the game, with very balanced stats (which, in M&M terms, means he favors accuracy over damage).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Hazmat

Post by Jabroniville »

HAZMAT (Keith Kilham)
Role:
Spider-Man Knock-Off
PL 8 (145)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills: 
Athletics 4 (+11)
Expertise (Science) 6 (+12)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 3 (+5)
Technology 5 (+11)

Advantages:
Inventor, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Acid Line" Movement 4 (Swinging 2, Wall-Crawling 2) [8]
"Acid Ball" Blast 6 (Feats: Accurate) (Extras: Secondary Effect 4) Linked to Weaken Toughness 6 (Feats: Accurate) (Extras: Ranged, Affects Objects) [38]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Acid Ball +10 (+6 Ranged Damage & Weaken, DC 21 & 16)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +7, Fortitude +7, Will +4

Complications:
Involuntary Transformation (Sludge)- Hazmat is essentially Living Sludge, and will degenerate without his specialized suit.

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 46 / Defenses: 6 (145)

-Hazmat has many Spider-Man-like powers, complete with Swinging. He was a scientist working at the Pentagon, trying to cure the world's deadliest diseases- unfortunately, a terrorist attack compromised his lab during a biological test. Desperate, he injected himself with all of his antigens in order to save his life, but he was merely transformed into a living biological weapon. Dr. Van Roekel discovered him, and created a prosthetic shell for Hazmat to inhabit.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mega Man 9 & 10! Dr. Wily! Rise of his Imperfects!)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I bought that game used for like $20 a while after it came out, if memory serves. Which my memory truly is iffy because I tried to block it from my memory it sucked so bad.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mega Man 9 & 10! Dr. Wily! Rise of his Imperfects!)

Post by Ares »

I know comic book physics is a so soft it could cushion you from a 20 story drop, but how in the hell does one use ACID LINES as a means of swinging? One fundamental part of swinging is being able to attach the line to something. Acid is primarily known for breaking down substances. So you'd shoot a line of acid that would do nothing but dissolve whatever it touches, and then use it to swing? What?!

That said, the idea for a lot of the Imperfects isn't bad, and as a new villain group they've got some okay visuals, diverse power types and could make for decent one-off baddies. Brigade in particular has an interesting concept. But the game really, really sucked, which hurt things, and the villains didn't tend to have much personality. They're basically a more edgy version of the Unfolding Circle from the New Warriors in terms of just being some generic bad guys brought together by some evil guy for the purpose of a couple of one off fights.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Mega Man PLs & Costs

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh, and before I forget, here's my list of Power Levels & Points-Costs for the various Mega Man characters!

MEGA MAN POWER LEVELS & COSTS:
PL 0 (45): Doctor Light
PL 2 (44): Roll
PL 8 (79): Rush
PL 8 (86): Treble
PL 8 (113): Dyna Man (DOS)
PL 8 (116): The Grey Devil (WS)
PL 8 (119): Shark Man (DOS)
PL 8 (120): Wave Man
PL 8 (121): Konro Man (WS), Clock Man (WS)
PL 8 (123): Dangan Man (WS)
PL 8 (131): Aircon Man (WS)
PL 8 (142): Toad Man
PL 8 (153): Komuso Man (WS)
PL 9 (108): Sonic Man (DOS)
PL 9 (112): Oil Man (DOS), Torch Man (DOS)
PL 9 (114): Bit Man (DOS)
PL 9 (119): Rockman Shadow (WS)
PL 9 (120): Blade Man (DOS)
PL 9 (122): Compass Man (WS)
PL 9 (130): Saturn
PL 9 (135): Fake Man
PL 9 (140): Dark Man 3
PL 9 (141): Dark Man 1
PL 9 (145): Neptune
PL 9 (153): Cold Man
PL 9 (158): Heat Man
PL 9 (209): Punk
PL 10 (111): Oil Man (MMPU)
PL 10 (114): Elec Man
PL 10 (119): The Mecha Dragon
PL 10 (121): Time Man
PL 10 (122): Uranus
PL 10 (124): Guts Man
PL 10 (128): Ballade
PL 10 (130): Enker
PL 10 (131): Frost Man
PL 10 (132): Quint
PL 10 (136): Spring Man
PL 10 (137): The Yellow Devil
PL 10 (138): Yamato Man, Clown Man
PL 10 (139): Needle Man, Spark Man, Skull Man, Mega Water S
PL 10 (140): Mercury, Ring Man
PL 10 (141): Cut Man, Junk Man
PL 10 (142): Ice Man, Hard Man, Mars, Dive Man, Buster Rod G
PL 10 (143): Proto Man, Stone Man, Sword Man, Plug Man, Dark Man 2
PL 10 (144): Snake Man, Pluto, Charge Man, Gyro Man, Knight Man, Blade Man
PL 10 (145): Venus, Dust Man, Napalm Man
PL 10 (146): Bubble Man, Bomb Man, Wave Man, Slash Man, Concrete Man
PL 10 (147): Crash Man, Quick Man, Blizzard Man, Tomahawk Man, Shade Man
PL 10 (148): Metal Man, Air Man, Wind Man, Search Man, Hornet Man
PL 10 (149): Fire Man, Flame Man, Burst Man, Tengu Man
PL 10 (150): Wood Man, Plant Man, Astro Man, Jewel Man
PL 10 (151): Aqua Man
PL 10 (152): Turbo Man, Bass, Drill Man, Commando Man
PL 10 (153): Jupiter, Centaur Man, Cloud Man, Burner Man, Ground Man, Strike Man
PL 10 (154): Magnet Man, Bright Man, Pharaoh Man, Solar Man, Chill Man, Nitro Man
PL 10 (155): Crystal Man
PL 10 (156): Gemini Man, Terra, Mega Man, Freeze Man, Duo, Magma Man, Hyper Storm H
PL 10 (158): Dynamo Man
PL 10 (160): Flash Man
PL 10 (161): Pump Man
PL 10 (162): Tornado Man
PL 10 (165): Splash Woman
PL 10 (170): Proto Man (Playable Version), Galaxy Man
PL 10 (175): King
PL 10 (194): Sheep Man
PL 11 (125): Volt Man
PL 11 (140): Grenade Man
PL 11 (155): Sunstar
PL 12 (109): Doctory Wily
PL 12 (153): Pirate Man

WEAPONS:
9 points: Oil Slider
14 points: Charge Kick, Hornet Chaser
16 points: Time Slow, Water Wave, Scorch Wheel, Triple Blade, Wheel Cutter
17 points: Hard Knuckle, Pharaoh Shot, Thunder Claw, Magma Bazooka
18 points: Leaf Shield, Bubble Lead, Magnet Missile, Wild Coil, Thunder Wool
19 points: Atomic Fire, Quick Boomerang, Gemini Laser, Wind Storm
20 points: Strong Arm, Time Stopper, Noise Crush, Slash Claw, Homing Sniper, Flame Sword, Plug Ball
21 points: Fire Storm, Needle Cannon, Blizzard Attack, Water Balloon, Tengu Blade, Ice Wall, Magic Card
22 points: Thunder Beam, Knight Crush, Thunderbolt
23 points: Gyro Attack, Napalm Bomb, Water Shield
24 points: Air Shooter, Search Snake, Plant Barrier, Centaur Flash, Yamato Spear, Rebound Striker, Tornado Blow, Laser Trident
25 points: Ice Slasher, Freeze Cracker, Ice Wave, Flash Bomb, Jewel Satellite
26 points: Spark Shock, Dive Missile, Power Stone, Chill Spike
27 points: Rolling Cutter, Silver Tomahawk, Astro Crush, Lightning Bolt, Remote Mine, Commando Bomb, Concrete Shot
28 points: Hyper Bomb, Metal Blade, Solar Bomb
29 points: Crash Bomber, Drill Bomb, Rain Flush, Skull Barrier, Danger Wrap, Wave Burner, Spread Drill, Black Hole Bomb
30 points: Flash Stopper, Dust Crusher, Crystal Eye, Junk Shield
32 points: Flame Blast
33 points: Tornado Hold

So the priciest "Robot Master Power" in the entire game is the Tornado Hold at 33 points- otherwise, you're usually looking at under thirty. The highest PL goes to Pirate Man & Dr. Wily, while only three characters hit PL 11. Punk is the most expensive character at 209 points, while Sheep Man is the priciest Robot Master at 194.

The Mega Man X guys will probably be slowly built over the next little while, as I watch some level play-throughs and come up with a new Template. I still have no idea what PL to go with for the series, however- they should be "better" than the original series' guys, owing to futuristic technology... but HOW much better? The games are also much, much easier, which can alter the "meta" of how I build things sometimes. As Robot Masters are rarely full-blown PL 10s (most have PL 9 defenses, for example), I might just boost them all to full-bore PL 10s.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Mega Man 9 & 10! Dr. Wily! Rise of the Imperfects!)

Post by Jabroniville »

So me and my totally-not-autistic brain got together and made ANOTHER list of "Builds From The Past", indicating when and where I posted my stuff that's yet to make the trip over to this new(er) forum:

BUILDS FROM THE PAST:
8 YEARS:

3 months (June 2009): Invincible

7 YEARS:
1 month (July 2010): Power Pack

6 YEARS:

11 months (Oct. 2010): The Ringer
8 months (Jan. 2011): The Corruptor
7 months (Feb. 2011): The Black Abbott, Marvel's Foreigners (Defensor, Talisman III, The Collective Man, Le Peregrine)
6 months (March 2011): Godzilla, Foreigners (La Bandera, Bantam, Razorback, Maverick, Red Ronin, Tiger Tyger), Scourge's Victims (Commander Kraken, The Cheetah, Blue Streak, Basilisk, Blowtorch Brand, Mirage, The Miracle Man, Megatak, The Hijacker, Hellrazor, The Phone Ranger, The Rapier, Turner D. Century, Thunderclap)
5 months (April 2011): OZ, Dinosaurs, Mooks, The Porcupine
4 months (May 2011): Brother Voodoo, Black Tom Cassidy
2 months (July 2011): Black Lotus, Mysteria, Fera, Ternak, Chimera I

5 YEARS:
9 months (Dec. 2011): Astro City, DC Animated Universe, The Circus of Crime
7 months (Feb. 2012): Lady Punisher, The Living Monolith
6 months (March 2012): Lady Lotus, Hellrazor
5 months (April 2012): The Starjammers
4 months (May 2012): Marvel's Gods (Gods, Skyfathers, Elder Gods, Pantheons, Typhon, Poseidon, Pluto, Lamia, Nyx, Huntsman, Hydra, Hermes, Hera, Hephaestus, Hecate, Hebe, Dionysus, Delphyne Gorgon, Demeter, Cerberus, Atlas, Athena, Artemis, Ares, Arachne, Apollo, Aphrodite, Artume, Seth, Horus, Bastete, Mayans, Manitou, Gaea, Demogorge, Cuchullain, Amatsu-Mikaboshi), Deathlok
3 months (June 2012): Mesmero
2 months (July 2012): Gargoyles, Humus Sapien, Talos the Untamed, Lady Deathstrike
1 month (Aug. 2012): Cosmic Builds (Genis-Vell, Cosmo, Midnight Sun, Tana Nile)
0 months (Sept. 2012): Maxam, Mister X, Marvel Cards (Deadzone, Mojo)

4 YEARS:
11 months (Oct. 2012): Rome, Marvel Cards (Cyber, Cobweb, Terror Inc.), Bloodscream & Roughouse, Modred
10 months (Nov. 2012): The Crusader
9 months (Dec. 2012): Mortal Kombat, Disney Builds
7 months (Feb. 2013): Primal Rage
6 months (March 2013): Mario Bros., WWF WrestleMania, The Head, Little Shop of Horrors
5 months (April 2013): He-Man, Visionaries
4 months (May 2013): The Legion of Super-Heroes, The Legion of Super-Villains
3 months (June 2013): Preacher, Hitman
1 month (Aug. 2013): Freedom Ring
0 months (Sept. 2013): The Immortal Iron Fist, The Bogeyman, Bludgeon, Lucifer, The Headsman, Mr. Jip

3 YEARS:
11 months (Oct. 2013): The Teen Titans, The Hangmen, Black Crow, Code: Blue
10 months (Nov. 2013): Howard the Duck, Crucible, Humbug, Fasaud, Moses Magnum
9 months (Dec. 2013): Killer Instinct, Eternal Champions, World Heroes, The Princess Bride, Beavis & Butt-Head, Daria, Weapons, The Mighty Crusaders
7 months (Feb. 2014): The Simpsons, Caliber, Madelyne Pryor, Doctor Bong, Ramrod I-II, The Ravens, Comet Man, Flag-Smasher I-II
6 months (March 2014): The Exiles
5 months (April 2014): Devlor, Vibraxas, Huntara, Black Talon, Moonraker, Flag-Smasher, The Power-Broker, The Red Skull IV, Roadkill, Conan the Barbarian, Red Sonja, Topaz, Celia Ricadonna, Commanda
ATOMIC THINK TANK ENDS; RONIN ARMY BEGINS
4 months (May 2014): The X-Men (Wolverine, Rogue, Bishop, The Beast, Cecilia Reyes, Changeling, Colossus, Cyclops, Darwin, Dazzler, Havok, Forge, LIfeguard, Longshot, Maggott, Petra, Sway, Polaris, Professor X, Thunderbird III), The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (The Blob, Pyro, Phantazma, Super-Sabre, Crimson Commando, Stonewall, Destiny, Lady Mastermind, Mastermind II, Mystique, The Toad, Unus), The Reavers, Sauron
3 months (June 2014): Deadpool, Fatale, Art of Fighting, Disney Fairies, X-Builds (Xorn, Omega Red, Mimic, Post, Spiral)
2 months (July 2014): Random Names (Hit-Monkey, Poison, Bushman, Harness, Yetrigar, Lyja Lazerfist, Quasimodo, The Puppet Master, Predator X, Cap'n Reptyl, Ultimo, Thane Ector, Stygorr, The Sorcerer), TESS-One
1 month (Aug. 2014): Fatal Fury, Cheers, Frasier, Captain America Builds, The Eel I-II, The Hate-Monger I-III, The Fenris Twin, The Grand Director/Cap IV, Impala, Zeitgeist, Yelena Belova, Major America, Captain Germany, Protocide, The Power Tools, The Red Skull, Right & Left-Wingers, Viper, Mother Night, The Sisters of Sin, Scourge of the Underworld, Superia
0 months (Sept. 2014): The Avengers, The Serpent Society, The Eternals (Eternals, Ajak, Druig, Elysius, Gilgamesh, Ikaris, Interloper, Karkas, Makkari, Mentor, Sersi, Starfox, Thena, Uni-Mind, Zuras), Blackwulf, The Young Gods, Daredevil Builds (Bushwacker, Bullseye, Bullet, The Crusher I-II, Death-Stalker, The Hand, Shock, Stilt-Man I-III, The Masked Marauder, Man-Bull, Mind-Wave, Lady Bullseye, The Owl, Bullseye, Mr. Fear I-IV, Nuke, Typhoid Mary, Turk Barrett, The Tumbler, The Trump), Evilhawk, Ghaur, Lodestone, The Purple Man, Portal, Vapora, Thanos

2 YEARS:
11 months (Oct. 2014): The Young Avengers, The Deviants, Chemistro, Her, The Gatherers, The Thunderbolts
10 months (Nov. 2014): Dino Riders, Namor Builds (Llyra, Fathom Five, Warlord Krang), Big Hero Six (The Silver Samurai I-II), Cosmic Beings, Luke Cage Builds (Shades, Senor Suerte, Senor Muerte, Gideon Mace, Mr. Fish, Commanche, Wildfire, Pirahna Jones & Cockroach Hamilton), Bullet Biker, The Cat, Crossfire, Hardcore, Fu Manchu, Force, Headlok, Imus Champion, Oddball & The Death-Throws, Maelstrom & Minions, Lionfang, Proctor & The Gatherers, The Phantom of 42nd Street, Razor-Fist, Ultron, Trickshot, Trick Shot, Tiger Shark, Steeplejack I-II, Sunstroke, Supercharger, Shockwave
9 months (Dec. 2014): JLA, JSA, DC Universe, The Pacific Overlords, Comet, The Hornet I, Powerhouse, Moon Knight Builds, Blackout I, Bison, The Fear Lords, The Dark Man, The Crimson Cowl, Cardinal, Dr. Nemesis II, Deathunt 9000, Deathbird, Diamondhead, Condor, Erik Killmonger, Egghead, Excaliber, Ecstacy, Icemaster, Blizzard I-II, Flying Tiger, Hungyr, The Grim Reaper, Firefly, Xandu, Master Pandemonium, Junta, The Living Eraser, Mad-Dog, Madame X, Malice I, The Man-Ape, Moonstone, The Mindless Ones, Midnight, Midnight Man, Morpheus, Morgan Le Fay, Kiber the Cruel, Kaluu, Klaw, Powderkeg, Venomm, The Voice, Voortrekker, El Toro, Techno, The Scarlet Beetle, The Silver Dagger, The Sphinx I-II, Splice, The Supremacists
8 months (Jan. 2015): Cybermancer, Charcoal, Cyclone I-II, Cassandra Nova, Immortus, Zorba, The Ogre, Man-Killer, Kang, Quicksand
7 months (Feb. 2015): Dakota North
5 months (April 2015): The Book of Mormon, Animal Builds
4 months (May 2015): Sherlock
3 months (June 2015): COPS, Jem & The Holograms, Monster High, WWF Immortals
2 months (July 2015): The Punisher
1 month (Aug. 2015): Downton Abbey, Avatar, Pushing Daisies, The Powerpuff Girls, Star Wars, Alien Races, The Guardians of the Galaxy, Cosmic Builds (Adam Warlock, The Goddess, Mayhem, Pip the Troll), The Magus, Nebula

1 YEAR:
11 months (Oct. 2015): Ever After High, G.I. Joe, The Externals, The Nasty Boys, Salem's Seven, The New Warriors, The Alliance of Evil
10 months (Nov. 2015): The Folding Circle, Psionex, The Clandestine, Bluebird, Dominic Fortune, Earth Force, Corona, Man-Eater, Nova (Sam), Troll II, The Black Lama, Team America, Strikeforce Morturi, U.S. Archer, Captain Hero, The Brute I, Hellcow, The Highwayman, The Fury, Mr. Zodiac, Overkill/Taserface, Mahkizmo, The Mad Pharaoh, Mad Jim Jaspers, Proteus, Ravonna, Victorius, Tyrak, Thundersword, Tai
9 months (Dec. 2015): Dragon Ball Z, Sinbad, The Defenders (Aeroika, Ardina, Cloud, Gargoyle, Hellcat, Moondragon, Nighthawk, Valkyrie, Annabelle Riggs & Ren Kimura, Black Goliath, Captain Ultra, Cadaver, Elsa Bloodstone, Tagak the Leopard Lord, Seraph), The Craptacular B-Sides, Ka-Zar & Shanna the She-Devil, Contract, Coldfire, Elf With A Gun, Harridan, Karl Malus, Kickback, Manslaughter, Yandroth, The Presence, The Plunderer, Troubleshooter, Tapping Tommy, Solarr
8 months (Jan. 2016): The Hellfire Club, The Runaways, The Young Masters, The Young Allies, The Acolytes, The Bastards of Evil, The Upstarts, The Zodiac Cartel, Marvel "Gear", Dog Logan, Zarrko the Tomorrow Man, Zxaxz, Zodiak, Zaniac, The Yellow Claw, Yith
7 months (Feb. 2016): King of the Hill, Europa, The Winter Guard, Random Names (Fight-Man, Omega the Unknown, Quoi, The Nth Man, The Black Dragon, Coldblood, The Exiles (Nazis), Madcap, Priapus, Rancor, The Trash, The Termite), Iron Man Builds (The Raiders, Firepower, Whiplash, Wong-Chu, Temujin, Radioactive Man, The Unicorn, The Tinkerer, Skinhead, The Scarecrow
6 months (March 2016): The Fantastic Four, The Lost Generation, The Night Shift, Iron Man Builds (Guardsman, Guardsmen), The Agents of Atlas (3-D Man, Jimmy Woo, Namora, Gorilla-Man, Human Robot, Marvel Boy, Venus), Ethan Edwards, The Deatweb, The Controller, The Blood Brothers, Count Nefaria, The Eliminator, Empathoid, Elysius, Elias Bogen, Equinox, The Elements of Doom, 8-Ball, The Enforcer, Erik the Red, The Exemplars, Isbisa, Fin Fang Foom, Firebrand I-III, Firefox, Justin Hammer, Killer Shrike, Kala, Madame Masque, The Living Laser, The Melter, Midas, MAULER, Sasha Hammer, Stratosfire, Stellaris, Super-Skrull, Sunturion, Space Phantoms, Spymaster I-III, Sunset Bain, Ravenous & The Seekers, Virago, Underworld, Ulik the Troll
5 months (April 2016): Avengers- Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Transformers, The Fantastic Four, The Inhumans, The Heralds of Galactus, Agatha Harkness, Skull the Slayer, Ulysses Bloodstone, Starlord, Solarman, Devos, Hyperstorm, The Hood, The Mad Thinker, Ogun, Ord, Occulus, The Manipulator, Kristoff Von Doom, Punisher Robots, The Psycho-Man, Paibok, The Wizard, The Russian, Romulus, The Red Ghost & The Super-Apes, Volcana, U-Man, The Trapster, Terminus
4 months (May 2016): The Elders of the Universe, The X-Cutioner
3 months (June 2016): Dallas Riordan, El Vejigante, Vibro, The Viral Swarm, The Desert Sword (Aminedi, Black Raazer, The Veil), Vegas, Vargas, The Vamp
2 months (July 2016): Captain Planet, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Video Games, The Acolytes, Poltergeist & Link, Ion, Iron Maiden, Isolationist, Iron Mask, Infectia
0 months (Sept. 2016): Final Fight, Archie Comics, Khan, Krakoa, Kulan Gath, Kofi Whiteman, Katie Power, Korvac, Klaatu, Kruel, Karisma

0 YEARS:
11 months (Oct. 2016): Dungeons & Dragons, The New Universe, The Femme Fatales, System Crash, Khaos, Ka-Zar I, Karthon, Killraven, Kyknos, Khonshu, Kly'bn & Sl'g'urt
10 months (Nov. 2016): Sepulchre
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Some interesting (well, to me anyway) notes from the "Re-Post List":
* The oldest builds I've yet to post anywhere other than the Atomic Think Tank, by far, are actually Power Pack (minus Katie Power, who made the "K"s), The Ringer, and The Corruptor. No idea how those guys missed the cut- just weird luck, I guess.

* A handful of Marvel's Foreigners have so far missed the cut- I think I should just re-post the notes on Contest of Champions, which would put them all down at once. I've yet to post my "Notes on Countries" section from that, either. I had no idea it was more than six years ago!

* Other old stuff: Godzilla, Gargoyles, OZ, Dinosaur Builds, Astro City and the DC Animated Universe. All I could really add to most of this in terms of "new thoughts" is the new Astro City ongoing, though I'd have to re-read some of the more-recent ones that deal with the Astro-Naut and others!

* My memories I've when I posted these is a bit garbled. My "X-Men" builds, which started off the Ronin Army thread, feel like an eternity ago. AGES have passed. My "Avengers" builds feel MUCH more fresh and recent. Four months separate these builds. My "Daredevil" set feels even closer than THAT, yet it came the month I finished the Avengers set.

* Similarly, I feel like my Disney builds are rather recent, but are just about five years old, which seems insane. But it makes sense- they're from the old ATT forum, and before I went on many of my vacations. But it feels odd- like I spent years on here without revealing my Disney fandom. The curious thing is I never really HID that- I just never brought it up. Nowadays, it's basically a running gag to mention Belle, Elsa, other Disney Princesses, or await builds from each new Disney flick :). It's just odd that I was on the forums for five years before I really set down to statting up Disney characters- I know others had done so before me.

* I feel a much greater "immediate need" to get out the builds that were last posted on the ATT. Realizing just how long it's been makes me realize I don't need to do the "Four-per-day" thing on them, since it's actually been a REALLY long time since I've posted them, thus it's not really a "cheat". I mean, I may not have much more to say about The Living Monolith or the Lady Punisher, but it's been five years and seven months! Not like I'm just re-posting stuff from last year!

* Names that've bugged me for a while, having been stuck on the ATT: The Immortal Iron Fist (which I'd posted to completion about five months before the switch to Ronin Army) and the Exiles (two months prior)- those names KEEP POPPING UP in my alphabetical listing under the "ATT" heading, and it's irked me for a while :).

* Spamming out my "Jobber Groups" so much last year now feels dumb since we're on a new forum. It's way too early to be re-posting the Pacific Overlords or Acolytes... but I'll probably never have additional info about those dorks ever again, so I might as well just spam them onto Echoes at some point.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Here's an updated version of my To-Build List, plus some extra notes about requests (worded less "Never make requests!" and now "I might do your request, but not if I haven't seen it!", so feel free to suggest things... but if I haven't seen it, probably not): viewtopic.php?p=56#p56

For the next couple of weeks, it'll be:
Marvel: Rise of the Imperfects (they've been sitting on the "R" section of "The List" for ages!)
MC2 (Tom DeFalco's Marvel-Future-verse)
Twelve assorted characters from "The List" (because I get anal-retentive and certain names jump out at me)
Final Fight re-posts (posted a couple months before many of us left Ronin Army, and I'd never posted them over here to join the Street Fighter builds)
Four new Street Fighter V characters (okay, Abigail will just have an update, since he was in Final Fight)

(for those unaware, "The List" is the list of Marvel characters I've yet to stat, compiled by Spectrum and I in 2014. It's where I get my "Marvel Glossary" lists from).
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Because I love strange things...
There is a band that calls themselves "The Protomen" who've made two albums so far. As you might expect the songs are related to the Megaman series, which is interesting. The odd part is that instead of just copying the tunes from the game they've attempted to create a story as told by the songs in the album.

The first one, titled after the band, tells about Megaman going from a nobody to fighting through Wily's armies to avenge Protoman's death.

The second one, The Father of Death, is a prequel telling what brought everything to that point.

It's interesting if nothing else.
The first one sounds a lot rougher, they claim they did that intentionally wanting to give a post apocolyptic vibe.
I mostly mention it because their second album sounds a lot cleaner, and has a completely different tone.
I suggest a few songs from the second album to pretty much everybody, the Hounds especially.
I really like the first Album, but that's probably a twisted personal preference, like a man might like giant women, or jobber villains. ;~)

Here are the notable ones in my opinion.

The Protomen - Unrest In The House of Light
Doctor Light explains what happened to Megaman's brother

The Protomen - The Will Of One
Megaman flees, and his travel he decides he has to fight

The Protomen - The Stand (Man or Machine)
Megaman faces off against an unexpected opponent who questions his cause

The Protomen - The Sons Of Fate
First half of this is pretty interesting if only because the song is an argument between two people with them alternating lines. Not something you see outsde of musicals.
To bad the music is is so rough.

The Father of Death is strange in that it has individual songs that stand so far above the first CD, but fewer worth listening to at the same time.

The Protomen - Act II - The Good Doctor
Doctor Light explains why he does what he does while Doctor Wiley suggests a new path for a... better world.

The Protomen - Act II - The Hounds
My favorite out of all of them.
Doctor light is on the run after being falsely accused of a murder. Wiley rallies the people behind him, and uses Doctor Light as a scapegoat.

I love the personality. WIley talking about how horrible Doctor Light is for killing a woman, then the crowd asking "what was her name" only to have Wiley just brush it off with "it doesn't matter".

The Protomen - Act II - Light Up The Night
This one just screams 80s movie to me for some reason.
OC character decides that he's going to help Light fight against Wiley's machinations.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:54 am

I really like the first Album, but that's probably a twisted personal preference, like a man might like giant women, or jobber villains. ;~)
Such a sick, demented weirdo has no place in my thread! FILTH!

I'll take a look at some of the songs periodically.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Glad to see you're going to be doing the new SFV characters. Abigail was a strange choice, out of all the possible Final Fight characters they could have used (plus they just reused Dudley's story for him), but I like the look of Kolin (funny how she went from "that lady that appears in Gill's intro pose" to a full-blown playable character), Ed, and Menat. Also, if you're gonna be reposting Final Fight, I'd like to see the Final Fight 3 bosses statted, if that's okay. It kinda irked me that they weren't there for some reason. They can easily go with a Template like the Final Fight 2 bosses, I think.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Man, I finally caught up! Whew! And just in time for Final Fight and SFV!
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Jabroniville

Fault Zone

Post by Jabroniville »

FAULT ZONE (Maria Petrova)
Role:
Wolverine Knock-Off, Angry Ballerina
PL 8 (111)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 4 (+8)
Expertise (Ballerina) 10 (+12)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Evasion, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 2, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Jump Good" Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
"Ground Pound" Damage 6 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Grounded Opponents) Linked to Affliction 8 (Athletics; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Grounded Opponents) (14) -- [15]
  • AE: "Claws" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Claws +7 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Breaking the World)- Maria's life was ruined by the whims of fate- angry at the world, she only seeks destruction.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 16 / Defenses: 12 (111)

-Fault Zone was a famous Russian ballerina (a SERIOUS, huge, huge deal in that country) whose career was ruined in a car accident when she was only fifteen, as an earthquake collapsed an elevated highway. She was badly injured, and left orphaned. Desponded, she was offered alien prosthetics by Dr. Van Roekel- she agreed, but was also given seismic generators on her arms. This allowed to her take revenge on a world that broke her dreams and her family.

-She has low strength, speed and even durability in the game, but is still pretty hard to hit. GameFAQs has a how-too that refers to her as a "Wolverine Rip-Off", packing similar abilities, plus Ground-Pound attacks. And can apparently lift cars.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Fault Zone is another decent concept, the whole "getting back at the world that destroyed her dreams" bit is CLASSIC villain motivation, and the idea of a cyborg who combines ballet dancing fluidity with how powered arm pistons makes for an interesting combination. In comics that would translate into her being some high end agility fighter type (not quite A-List but enough to make them work for a win), but who can hit REALLY hard and do some unique effects, sort of like if you gave Harley Quinn Rumble's arms.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.