Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Sho

Post by Jabroniville »

SHO (aka Syoh)
First Appearance:
Tuff E Nuff (1993)
Home Country: Japan
Role: The Ryu (All-Around Guy), Off-Brand Ryu
Vague Martial Art Basis: Karate
PL 7 (95)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+11)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Expertise (Streetwise) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 5 (+7)
Ranged Combat (Fireball) 6 (+8)

Advantages:
Fearless, Improved Critical (Ho'o Ken), Improved Critical (Spinning Kick), Ranged Attack 2

Off-Brand "World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Light Attack), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Off-Brand Fireball- Thunder Spark" Blast 4 (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 2) (Diminished Range -1) (3) -- [5]
  • AE: "Off-Brand Dragon Punch- Rising Bolt" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Thunder Cross" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Dragon Punch +8 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Fireball +8 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Rivalry (Zazi)- Sho and Zazi had a big rivalry which was halted by the "Great War", and both seek to renew it.
Weakness (Predictability)- These characters cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time they try the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, they will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 5 + 10 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 10 (95)

-Sho is your basic everyday hero, appearing to be more in the Cody Travers vibe than the Ryu one- blue jeans, a red shirt, and an assymetrical shoulderpad. That said, he's still just a basic, everyday Shotoclone, hitting a Rising Uppercut (though his dashes across the ground for a bit first) and an Off-Brand Fireball- one that's even blue in color! He's a Japanese guy using the "Heavenly Claw" fighting style, and his big rival is a Head-Swap named Zazi.
Jabroniville

Zazi

Post by Jabroniville »

ZAZI
First Appearance:
Tuff E Nuff (1993)
Home Country: USA
Role: The Ryu (All-Around Guy), Off-Brand Ryu
Vague Martial Art Basis: Karate
PL 7 (95)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+11)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Expertise (Streetwise) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 5 (+7)
Ranged Combat (Fireball) 6 (+8)

Advantages:
Fearless, Improved Critical (Ho'o Ken), Improved Critical (Spinning Kick), Ranged Attack 2

Off-Brand "World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Light Attack), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Off-Brand Fireball- Thunder Spark" Blast 4 (Flaws: Reduced Defenses 2) (Diminished Range -1) (3) -- [5]
  • AE: "Off-Brand Dragon Punch- Rising Bolt" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Thunder Cross" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Dragon Punch +8 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Fireball +8 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Rivalry (Sho)- Sho and Zazi had a big rivalry which was halted by the "Great War", and both seek to renew it.
Weakness (Predictability)- These characters cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time they try the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, they will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 5 + 10 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 10 (95)

-Interestingly, the Head-Swap of Sho, the main character of Tuff E Nuff, was made an American black guy named Zazi. Instead of "Heavenly Claw" style, he uses "Earth Claw" style, which coincidentally has the exact same moveset.
Jabroniville

Kotono

Post by Jabroniville »

Art by Penzoom.

KOTONO
First Appearance:
Tuff E Nuff (1993)
Home Country: Japan
Role: Kunoichi
Vague Martial Art Basis: Ninjitsu
PL 7 (112)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Close Attack (Unarmed) 1 (+11)
Deception 6 (+8)
Expertise (Ninja) 7 (+7)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Investigation 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 4 (+9)

Advantages:
Equipment (Kunai), Improved Critical (Swift Slice), Improved Critical (Spiral Cutter), Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Spiral Cutter" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2) -- [3]
  • AE: "Swift Slice" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Features 1: May Add Weapon Damage to Special Moves [1]

Equipment:
"Kunai Toss" Blast 3 (Reduced Defenses -1) (4)
"Kunai Stab" Strength-Damage +1 (Split) (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Kunai +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Spiral Cutter +9 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Swift Slice +8 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Kunai +10 (+3 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +4, Will +6

Complications:
Enemy (Jade)- The villain killed her father- Kotono seeks revenge.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 9 + 10 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 12 (112)

-Kotono is a female ninja ("kunoichi"), which was then kinda unique for Fighting Games. She wears either a green costume or a pink one, and uses paired kunai (tiny pokey daggers). In addition, she has a vertical spinning kick (Spiral Cutter) acting as an Anti-Air, and a dash attack, slicing with her weapons. Her Kunai Toss attack is REALLY fast for this game, firing out like a damn laser, and she overall seems pretty versatile.
catsi563

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Sailor Phi & Chi! Sailor Galaxia! Tuff E Nuff!)

Post by catsi563 »

Dangit stop giving me more character sto add to my Street fighter universe :p
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

This is another one that I've actually played. It's not that bad, really. The fact that you can play as the enemies through a code is also nice. Jaleco also had their own take on the Final Fight games with their Rushing Beat series of beat em ups..which for some bizarre reaon each got an unrelated name change despite being clearly labeled as sequels originally (the first game became Rival Turf, the second game became Brawl Brothers, and the third became The Peace Keepers). And yeah, I have no diea what they were thinking with the name and box art change. Dead Dance really does sound cooler, but I could see why they might have changed it (censorship?)
Last edited by KorokoMystia on Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:57 am Dangit stop giving me more character sto add to my Street fighter universe :p
How many you on now, btw?
Jabroniville

Vortz

Post by Jabroniville »

VORTZ
First Appearance:
Tuff E Nuff (1993)
Home Country: The Netherlands
Role: Powerhouse, Pro Wrestler
Vague Martial Art Basis: Pro Wrestling
PL 7 (88)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+9)
Athletics 6 (+10)
Expertise (Streetwise) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 5 (+7)

Advantages:
Fearless, Improved Critical (Muscle Buster), Improved Critical (Rising Buffalo), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Special Moves"
"Muscle Buster" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit if Opponent Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate -1) (2) -- [4]
  • AE: "Rising Buffalo" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Buffalo Charge" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Special Moves +7 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Finding Somebody Nobody Knows)- This is likely a reference to the fighter Gajet, who is secretly Vortz's brother.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 5 + 10 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 8 (88)

-Oh man, this guy is DREADFUL. Vortz is a Dutch pro wrestler in the world's most generic gear- Indie Wrestler kickpads, a yellow sleeveless shirt, and red trunks. Just the plainest look ever for the game's resident Strongman.

-Vortz uses pro wrestling moves like a Brainbuster, Powerslam, and more, but his moves include an Anti-Air and a charging attack. There's also the Muscle Buster, popularized in Kinnikuman.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:05 am
catsi563 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:57 am Dangit stop giving me more character sto add to my Street fighter universe :p
well lets see ive got every iteration of SF characters from the RPG books, and games, Streets of rage, this one KOF, Art of fighting Fatal Fury, Double dragon, and most of the SNK crew, and a few of the others jab has in his thread, Tekken, Virtua fighter. Rival schools and so on and so forth :)

all fo them fit so nciely in the basic world of street fighter so it adds a lot of possible plot points such as Jin kazama running into Akuma, while a Shadowloo operative tries to get geese howard on Bisons side and so on
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Doc chaos

Post by Doc chaos »

catsi563 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:00 am
well lets see ive got every iteration of SF characters from the RPG books, and games, Streets of rage, this one KOF, Art of fighting Fatal Fury, Double dragon, and most of the SNK crew, and a few of the others jab has in his thread, Tekken, Virtua fighter. Rival schools and so on and so forth :)

all fo them fit so nciely in the basic world of street fighter so it adds a lot of possible plot points such as Jin kazama running into Akuma, while a Shadowloo operative tries to get geese howard on Bisons side and so on
Did Jab update his Megaman builds? I'd toss Dr. Wily and his Robot Masters into the fray as well! Something about stealing fighting spirit.
Are there a lot of new characters in SF rpg?
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Doc chaos wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:58 am Are there a lot of new characters in SF rpg?
If you’re referring to White Wolf’s Street Fighter: The Storytelling Game, then the official characters for it were just the video game characters as of ‘The New Challengers’ (so the original SFII playable characters, the four bosses, and Cammy, T. Hawk, Fei Long, and Dee-Jay). But the supplemental books, like Contenders, added about a dozen other fighters and a few non-combatant NPCs.

But, look... The game was really damn good mechanically speaking and the writers did about the best the could do with the world’s setting given how SFII basically had zero storyline or plot at the time. However, when it came to making new characters to populate the universe... well...

...and he’s one of the less stupid ones.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

theres a fan version out there that cleans up and updates the rules and adds in a lot of the characters from 3-4-5 and alpha as well

been using that as my base

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

I always loved how the cover art to The Contenders had way cooler characters than actually showed up in the books. "Guy who's in love with his gorgeous legs", Bluegrass the Kentucky Sumo, and the living pile of mushrooms were par for the course. I think the only good character in the lot was the mask-wearing Russian Ice Queen who had her face broken by Zangief and now carried a brutal grudge.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

The core rulebook featured a couple recurring original characters in its illustrations, that never got official write-ups as far as I know. Most were rather generic Mid-Nineties Fighting Game Guys: Kung Fu Guy, Karate Guy, Lizard Guy... But one of them always intrigued me, both for the simplicity of his concept and the cleverness of (what I assume was) his name: A Boxer with ice powers with the name ICEBOX on his trunks.

Icebox!

It’s brilliant!
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Do you actually play this? And if so, what system do you use? (Asking for a friend.)
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

drkrash wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:38 pm

Do you actually play this? And if so, what system do you use? (Asking for a friend.)
Yeah, i'll ask for my friend too! :)