Jab’s Builds! (Lawnmower Man! Samus Aran! Metroids!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab’s Builds! (Red Guardians! Vanguard! Darkstar! Crimson Dynamo!)

Post by Jabroniville »

greycrusader wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:05 am Goes back to what I said about writers just not caring about the character(s); Dynamo III teams up with the Titanium Man, who killed his love interest? And yeah, he actually WOULD have made a good long-running villain, a pretty solid "mirror-image" Iron Man. The armor design isn't bad either-maybe some silver to offset the deep red, and it would have been pretty sharp.

All my best.
Yeah, the first two Dynamos are quite peculiar, with a unique shading-style used by Don Heck, and it doesn't really seem to work- it builds the armor out of nothing but shading, putting much of the work on the colorist. The big, bulky suit is also a bit strange, but I think shows a bit of verisimilitude in the setting, as it establishes that Iron Man's armor is actually TOUGH TO BUILD, and that any suit that compares to its power is likely to be double the size and very cumbersome. Titanium Man led to more of that.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:05 am The dialogue in that first panel is pretty close to the way that the Dynamo in the X-Factor annual talked. If this is the same guy, then it's possible that Petrovich was using a different version of the suit at the same time as Bukharin, at least for a while.
yeah, I was trying to think of that Robot Dynamo you mentioned, but when I looked it up, Wikipedia mentioned this:

"Dmitri was later employed as defense at the Doppleganger's laboratory in Siberia. Wearing a gigantic version of the Crimson Dynamo armor, he fought X-Factor, but was defeated.[3]"

Was it a giant version of the Dynamo you read about?

Actually, said issue is explained in on the Marvel Wiki as Dmirtri Bukharin as well: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Dimitri_ ... Earth-616)
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:02 am
Davies wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:05 am The dialogue in that first panel is pretty close to the way that the Dynamo in the X-Factor annual talked. If this is the same guy, then it's possible that Petrovich was using a different version of the suit at the same time as Bukharin, at least for a while.
yeah, I was trying to think of that Robot Dynamo you mentioned, but when I looked it up, Wikipedia mentioned this:

"Dmitri was later employed as defense at the Doppleganger's laboratory in Siberia. Wearing a gigantic version of the Crimson Dynamo armor, he fought X-Factor, but was defeated.[3]"

Was it a giant version of the Dynamo you read about?
Yes, but that description's a bit too abrupt. He doesn't get defeated, as such; Bobby tricks him into thinking that Bobby is actually the Doppleganger with a bit of coaching from Hank, and he's presented as too stupid or too hidebound to consider that he might be getting tricked. Very robotic, like I said. Didn't really seem like the way that he acted elsewhere, like in X-Men vs. Avengers or his Armor Wars appearance, where he was a bit too loyal to the Union but not a machine.

<shrug> It could just be a case of 'depending on the writer', though ...
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

The Crimson Dynamo (Dmitri Bukharin)

Post by Jabroniville »

THE CRIMSON DYNAMO V (Dmitri Bukharin, aka Airstrike)
Created By:
Bill Mantlo & Carmine Infantino
First Appearance: Iron Man #109 (April 1978)
Role: Iron Man Lite, Mirror Image Villain, Replaceable Bad Guy
Country of Origin: The Soviet Union/Russia
Group Affiliations: The Soviet Super-Soldiers, The Supreme Soviets, The People's Protectorate
PL 10 (177)
STRENGTH
2/12 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8)
Deception 6 (+8)
Expertise (KGB Agent) 7 (+10)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Investigation 4 (+7)
Perception 3 (+6)
Technology 2 (+5)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Guns, Gear), Improved Critical (Repulsors), Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Ranged Attack 7

Powers:
"Crimson Dynamo Power Armor" (Flaws: Removable) [89]
Enhanced Strength 10 (20)
Protection 8 (Extras: Impervious 7) (15)
Communications 2 (Electronic) 1 (8)
"Boot Jets" Flight 8 (500 mph) (16)
Immunity 8 (Visual Dazzles, Cold, Heat, Radiation, Vacuum, Pressure, Suffocation, Drowning) (8)
"Sensory Array" Senses 13 ("Radar" Ranged Acurate Radius Radio Sense 4, "X-Ray" Penetrates Concealment 4, "MRI" Magnetic Accurate Sight 2, "Sonar" Accurate Ultrasonic Hearing 3) (13)

"Shoulder Rockets" Blast 11 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst 8) (Quirk: Limited Uses- 10 Shots -2) (28) -- (31 points)
  • AE: "Hand Blasters" Electrical Blast 11 (Feats: Split) (23)
  • AE: "Fusion Caster" Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (20)
  • AE: "Gatling Gun" Blast 9 (Extras: Multiattack) (Inaccurate -1) (26)
-- (111 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Dynamo Strength +8 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Shoulder Rockets +9 & +8 Area (+11 Ranged Damage, DC 26)
Blasters +9 (+11 Ranged Damage, DC 26)
Fusion Caster +10 Area (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Gatling Guns +7 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+11 Armor), Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (Russian Agent)- Dmitri was initially an ultra-loyalist who was mistrusted even by his allies for being such an agent of the state.
Enemy (Iron Man)- Later, however, they became friends.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 89 / Defenses: 14 (177)

The Longest-Serving Crimson Dynamo:
-Dmitri Bukharin here is by FAR the longest-serving Crimson Dynamo: it is he who fought Iron Man during the Armor Wars, and he joined The People's Protectorate during that Gruenwald-led era where the Russian superheroes were a recurring element in the comics. He was a hoot during The Crossing Line, making funny quotes here and there- when confronted by Quasar, who was the only hero at Marvel who tried to talk his way OUT of the Standard Superhero Greeting Fistfight, he was like "A polite American? Will wonders never cease?" When he witnessed Heather Hudson suddenly disappearing, he was all "Did she just commit suicide? No- she's Canadian. They're too normal to be crazy!"

-Given the armor after Yuri Petrovich went crazy, Dmitir was more loyal and sane, but was kicked out of the Soviet Super-Soldiers when they found out he was a KGB Agent who was meant to spy on them. Thereafter, he kind of acted as a Journeyman Villain, popping up in various books like The Hulk and X-Factor. Eventually, he was part of Armor Wars, being one of MANY Armor-Based Villains (and a couple heroes!) taken out by a furious Tony Stark, who'd realized that many villains were using technology stolen from Stark's own designs! He and the Titanium Man were warned by the Soviets ahead of time, and proved to be Tony's toughest challenge- he nonetheless managed to destroy both men's armor. He later aided the S.S.S. against The Avengers & X-Men when all the groups investigated the crash of Asteroid M and sought to bring Magneto to trial for the execution of a number of Russian soldiers, but he was arrested when it was discovered that Dmitri had caused it to crash in the first place!

Sympathetic Dynamo:
-Later, he allied with the Supreme Soviets to try and kill Darkstar, Vanguard & Ursa Major for defecting to the United States- they were stopped by a monster, and Captain America convinced the heroes to spare their assassins' lives. After this time being spent as a nasty villain, Bukharin became much more of a sympathetic figure- Fabian Nicieza wrote him as a very "Common Man" kind of guy who simply did as he was told. In the Soviet Super-Soldiers one-shot, he was sent to New York to capture the Titanium Man, and fought tooth & nail against him and his Credit Card Soldiers. The fiasco over the battle (which ended up taking place in public in the U.S.) was used by the sneaky Colonel-General Valentin Shatalov to strip Dmitri of the Dynamo armor- he was given the newer, sleek "Airstrike" suit instead. But the continuity here gets weird, as this is a "Prequel" book, but Dmitri appears as Dynamo in The Crossing Line, which takes place AFTER this.

-Various other individuals would wear the suit in his stead (Dmitri retired without ever having done anything as Airstrike), but suddenly as of Dark Reign he was The Crimson Dynamo again! And then ANOTHER person was a year or so later, with Dmitri merely being the Winter Guard's suit-wearing liaison to the state! Very weird- probably the result of an Editor not keeping them straight (and to be fair, it is REALLY HARD to keep these people straight). The Airstrike thing was apparently never even an actual thing, as it was forgotten after that one-shot (the armor briefly appears on a shelf in Darkstar & The Winter Guard). At twelve years, he was BY FAR the longest-serving, and most-iconic, Dynamo.

-And then BOOM- Dmitri is back as the Crimson Dynamo in Jason Aaron's Avengers, having been convinced by the others to put back on the armor after the rise in global tensions surrounding Namor setting up his "Defenders of the Deep" unit!

Dmitri's Abilities:
-Dmitri is one of the best overall Dynamos, but really tends to just be a speed-bump for Iron Man, or any other elite hero. PL 10's quite good, after all- especially with his points-expenditure... he's just not gonna be taking on a PL 12 Iron Man any time soon.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Dimitri is by far my favorite of the Crimson Dynamos, due almost entirely to the Crossing. If I ever used him in my own settings, that's precisely how I'd portray him: a normal guy all too happy to remark on the absurdity of the situation, with a bit of "seen it all / too old for this shit" attitude.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
scc

Post by scc »

I know I loved Crimson Dynamo's design when I was a kid. I still do.
Jabroniville

The Crimson Dynamo (Shatalov)

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, this is the '90s Dynamo, alright.

THE CRIMSON DYNAMO VI (General Valentin Shatalov)
Created By:
Glenn Herdling, Fabian Nicieza & Herb Trimpe
First Appearance: Iron Man #225 (April 1990)
Group Affiliations: The U.S.S.R., The Remont Four
PL 10 (179)
STRENGTH
2/12 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8)
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Government Agent) 7 (+10)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 4 (+7)
Perception 3 (+6)
Technology 2 (+5)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Benefit 2 (Russian General), Improved Critical (Repulsors), Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Ranged Attack 7

Powers:
Immunity 8 (Visual Dazzles, Cold, Heat, Radiation, Vacuum, Pressure, Suffocation, Drowning) (8)
"Sensory Array" Senses 13 ("Radar" Ranged Acurate Radius Radio Sense 4, "X-Ray" Penetrates Concealment 4, "MRI" Magnetic Accurate Sight 2, "Sonar" Accurate Ultrasonic Hearing 3) (13)

"Shoulder Rockets" Blast 11 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst 8) (Quirk: Limited Uses- 10 Shots -2) (28) -- (31 points)
-- (111 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Dynamo Strength +8 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Shoulder Rockets +9 & +8 Area (+11 Ranged Damage, DC 26)
Blasters +9 (+11 Ranged Damage, DC 26)
Gatling Guns +7 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+11 Armor), Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Bringing Back Stalinism)- Shatalov wishes to return the Soviet Union to the glory days of Joseph Stalin. He will do this by taking control of the military and superhumans alike.
Responsibility (Russian Agent)
Enemy (Iron Man)

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 89 / Defenses: 14 (179)

-An untrustworthy douche, Shatalov set Bukharin, the fifth Dynamo, up for failure in his assignment to capture the Titanium Man in New York. He then used his rank to commandeer the armor for himself in an attempt to return the Soviet Union to Stalinism. To this end, he set up the "Remont 4" with Unicorn, Titanium Man & Firefox, but that went nowhere. The funny thing looking at all this is the hand of Fabian Nicieza in all of it- reading backwards, I got the Soviet Super-Soldiers issue featuring Shatalov as a "chessmaster" type, manipulating Bukharin into embarrassing himself as the Dynamo and then setting up his villain group... and of course it turns out that Nicieza also co-created Shatalov years earlier in his Iron Man run!

-On his first mission with Remont 4, he briefly had his mind switched with Tony Stark's- he attempted to learn all of Tony's secrets, but when their minds were switched back, he was arrested! Turns out that Tony had used HIS body to commit crimes against the state! Okay, that's pretty funny. Remont 4 was scattered upon the dissolution of the Soviet Union, but Shatalov remained the Dynamo, in a very updated, sleek armor design that was soon dropped because it wasn't iconic to the character- he later assisted Iron Man & Black Widow against the Titanium Man. Breaking his leg in the battle, Shatalov pleaded with Tony to swap armors with him, as he didn't want the Russian people to see the American Iron Man defeat the Russian villain. Tony agreed, but Shatalov overrode the armor's commands and killed Titanium Man with a special weapon. Tony was naturally enraged, and the two departed on bad terms. Shatalov himself was demoted and replaced as so many others had been, never accomplishing his goals. He took the fall with his superiors, and was relieved of his duties as the Dynamo. This last appearance was written by Len Kaminski, as Nicieza had long since left Iron Man (though Shatalov made a brief appearance in one of Fabe's X-Men books).

-Statistically, Shatalov very similar to Bukharin, switching Equipment for Benefits. Though a bit clever, he's more "openly an asshole" than a real manipulator- he pushes people into doing what he wants through his ranks, not Insight & Deception (though he has some of each).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

In a very Tony moment, while he had his mind switched with Shatalov, Tony had to feign memory troubles to cover up what was going on. For his part, while Tony was confused, he was just overjoyed to be able to walk again and not be paralyzed from the waist down, as his actual body was at this point.

It turns out Shatalov had a smoking hot wife who, to help jog her poor husband's memory, came out in some sexy underwear. And Tony, having the use of everything below his waist again, just decided to roll with it.

It's a bit morally questionable, but it's definitely a Tony moment.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

The Crimson Dynamo (2001)

Post by Jabroniville »

THE CRIMSON DYNAMO VII (Gregar Valski)
Created By:
Dan Jurgens
First Appearance: Captain America #42 (June 2001)
Role: Iron Man Lite, Mirror Image Villain, Replaceable Bad Guy, One-Off Guy
Group Affiliations: None
PL 10 (138)
STRENGTH
2/12 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+6)
Expertise (Government Agent) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+2)
Perception 3 (+4)
Technology 3 (+3)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 4

Powers:

-- (111 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Dynamo Strength +6 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Shoulder Rockets +6 & +8 Area (+11 Ranged Damage, DC 26)
Blasters +6 (+11 Ranged Damage, DC 26)
Gatling Guns +4 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +3 (+11 Armor), Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 89 / Defenses: 8 (138)

-The seventh Dynamo was an unnamed man (listed as "Gregar Valski" on ComicVine, so why not?) who appeared to have little skill with the armor- he was easily-handled by Nick Fury and Captain America. He was hired by The Answer while the villain was operating in Russia. He was temporarily burned by his own gear, and then beaten by the heroes (Nick Fury hit him with a TRACTOR) and imprisoned. He only really counts as a separate guy because he appeared to have no experience with the gear. He's PL 10 because of the Fusion Caster, but with rest of his stats are unimpressive. I mean, how can a tractor hurt a guy who can take punches from Iron Man?
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

The Crimson Dynamo (Gennady)

Post by Jabroniville »

THE CRIMSON DYNAMO VIII (Gennady Gavrilov)
Created By:
John Jackson Miller & Steve Ellis
First Appearance: Crimson Dynamo #1 (Oct. 2003)
Role: Iron Man Lite, Thieving Kid On The Run
Group Affiliations: The Soviet Super-Soldiers
PL 10 (141)
STRENGTH
2/12 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Expertise (Criminal) 2 (+3)
Perception 2 (+3)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+6)
Technology 2 (+3)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Crimson Dynamo Power Armor" (Flaws: Removable) [96]
Enhanced Dodge 4 & Parry 2 (6)

"Shoulder Rockets" Blast 11 (Feats: Accurate 2) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst 8) (Quirk: Limited Uses- 10 Shots -2) (30) -- (33 points)
  • AE: "Hand Blasters" Electrical Blast 11 (Feats: Accurate 2, Split) (25)
    -- (119 points)
Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +2 (+6 Armor, DC 16), Parry +4 (+6 Armor, DC 16), Toughness +3 (+11 Armor), Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (Not Supposed to Have The Armor)- Gennady has fought against his country's own military in the past.
Addiction (Steailng)- Gennady was almost kicked out of school for stealing batteries. He appears to have kleptomania or something.

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 96 / Defenses: 4 (141)

-Marvel actually released a CRIMSON DYNAMO Limited Series in 2003, which I had no idea about. It featured a Russian collegiate named Gennady Gavrilov with a penchant for compulsive thievery, who found a helmet of a "beta unit" designed by Anton Vanko himself. The dormant armor awakened and found Gennady, after tearing its way across Russia to find the helmet. Gennady is pursued by the Russian military and a rogue spy named Alexandre Deveraux, but manages to stop the armor from exploding (it was powering up too much and needed special gauntlets to regulate the energy). After being offered help by Tony Stark, Gennady escapes from the military, using the armor to fly away.

-He was later seen in an Iron Man/Thor Limited Series by Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning, hired by Diablo to retrieve the Destroyer Armor and use its magic, but both were defeated by Iron Man & Thor. This last appearance appears like it should have been a whole different character. As it was eight years later, I would assume they just wanted "whoever the current Dynamo was" to do it. This was the final appearance of the character.

-Gennady is kind of a "jumped-up nobody", taking someone with minimal skills and throwing on super-powered MDK armor.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Crimson Dynamo (Unnamed)

Post by Jabroniville »

THE CRIMSON DYNAMO IX (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Brian Michael Bendis & Gabriele Dell'Otto
First Appearance: Secret War #3 (Oct. 2004)
Role: Iron Man Lite, Mirror Image Villain, Replaceable Bad Guy, Generic Criminal
Country of Origin: The United States
PL 8 (135)
STRENGTH
2/12 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 2 (+2)
Perception 3 (+4)
Technology 3 (+3)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Crimson Dynamo Power Armor" (Flaws: Removable) [86]
Protection 7 (Extras: Impervious 7) (14)

"Shoulder Rockets" Blast 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst 8) (Quirk: Limited Uses- 10 Shots -2) (26) -- (28 points)
  • AE: "Hand Blasters" Electrical Blast 10 (Feats: Split) (21)
-- (107 points)

Offense:
Shoulder Rockets +6 & +8 Area (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Blasters +6 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +3 (+10 Armor), Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 86 / Defenses: 8 (135)

-The ninth Crimson Dynamo is just some unnamed loser from Brian Michael Bendis's forgotten Secret Wars series about undercover superheroes fighting on behalf of Lucia von Bardos and her "Nation of Evil". He was beaten by the heroes and imprisoned at story's end.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

The Crimson Dynamo X

Post by Jabroniville »

THE CRIMSON DYNAMO X (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Daniel Knauf, Charles Knauf & Patrick Zircher
First Appearance: Iron Man #7 (June 2006)
Role: Iron Man Lite, Mirror Image Villain, Replaceable Bad Guy, Generic Criminal
Country of Origin: The United States
PL 8 (135)
STRENGTH
2/12 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Intimidation 2 (+2)
Perception 3 (+4)
Technology 3 (+3)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 4

Powers:

"Shoulder Rockets" Blast 11 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst 8) (Quirk: Limited Uses- 10 Shots -2) (26) -- (28 points)
-- (107 points)

Offense:
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +3 (+10 Armor), Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)- This man bought the fabulous Crimson Dynamo armor... to rob banks.

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 86 / Defenses: 8 (135)

-The tenth Crimson Dynamo is also unknown, and appears to have purchased the Dynamo Armor off the black market, and was easily-beaten by Iron Man- the hero accidentally stopped the Dynamo's heart with an electrical charge, and had to re-start it. He was later seen hired for a job to escort a Russian mobster to Texas for trial- both Daredevil and the Punisher got involved, and he fought both heroes. Dynamo actually had the Punisher on the ropes during a firefight, but DD damaged Dynamo's firing systems with his billy club. Like the other unnamed guy, they're both terrible. I actually made their armor cheaper, as they seem to be intentionally more-disposable. Dynamo attempted to kill DD for that, but the Punisher killed him with a rocket launcher- the Russian mobster escaped while DD attacked Punisher for the wanton murder.

-Like the other "unnamed Dynamos", this one is pretty terrible, but the gear is good enough to take out a human-durability guy like the Punisher.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

So this bunch of Dynamos are largely one-offs and/or complete losers, so I'll post these a little more quickly. Filling three days with Crimson Dynamos feels like cheating somehow, even though researching them was a pain in the butt :).
Jabroniville

The Crimson Dynamo (Thawed-Out Cold War Guy)

Post by Jabroniville »

THE CRIMSON DYNAMO XI (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Matt Fraction & Barry Kitson
First Appearance: The Order #2 (Oct. 2007)
Group Affiliations: Alpha Gen Soviet Super-Soldiers
PL 8 (145)
STRENGTH
2/12 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (Russian Agent) 4 (+6)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Perception 3 (+5)
Technology 3 (+5)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 4

Powers:

"Shoulder Rockets" Blast 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst 8) (Quirk: Limited Uses- 10 Shots -2) (26) -- (28 points)
-- (109 points)

Offense:
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +3 (+10 Armor), Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 38 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 86 / Defenses: 8 (145)

-An eleventh Dynamo showed up in an issue of The Order (a book about one of the Initiative teams- a band of complete screw-ups that were trying to make good), having been put into cryogenic stasis since the Cold War ended (wouldn't that make him... PRE-DATE the Vanko version by this point? Or is that just not worth thinking about?). He was beaten when he attempted to self-destruct, and Order member Aralune blocked it and rendered him harmless.

-This guy is another weak-ass PL 8 Dynamo, but has a Russian Agent's mental stats (well... sort of), making him a bit pricier than the tenth one was.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

The Crimson Dynamo (Boris Vadim)

Post by Jabroniville »

Okay, who else thought that was Nightwing down there?

THE CRIMSON DYNAMO XII (Boris Vadim)
Created By:
Jeph Loeb & Ed McGuinness
First Appearance: Hulk #1 (Jan. 2008)
Country of Origin: Russia
Group Affiliations: The Winter Guard, Code Red
PL 9 (137)
STRENGTH
2/12 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Intimidation 2 (+2)
Perception 3 (+4)
Technology 3 (+3)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Crimson Dynamo Power Armor" (Flaws: Removable) [88]

"Shoulder Rockets" Blast 11 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst 8) (Quirk: Limited Uses- 10 Shots -2) (28) -- (30 points)
-- (109 points)

Offense:
Initiative +2

Defenses:

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 88 / Defenses: 8 (137)

-A TWELFTH Dynamo, Boris Vadim (the second "Boris"- I guess in a team of Russians, you were bound to have at least two), was a Winter Guard member who was a backgrounder for a year or two (coming to the U.S. for asylum, joining Hulk's mercenary group "Code Red"), but was then devoured by a mutated monster.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.