Jab's Rifts Builds (Rifts- A Final Summation!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Loup Garou

Post by Jabroniville »

LOUP GAROU R.C.C.
Role:
Shapechanger
PL 12 (176 + Magic & Psionics)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+12)
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Survival) 7 (+8)
Intimidation 7 (+8)
Perception 7 (+8)
Stealth 3 (+8)
Technology 2 (+2)
Vehicles 3 (+5)

Advantages:
Close Attack 1, Daze (Persuasion), Fast Grab, Startle, Teamwork, Power Attack

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 6 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, Scent-Tracking, Ultra & Extended Hearing) [6]
Immunity 80 (All Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Non-Magical/Psionic/Silver Attacks) [50]
Regeneration 5 (Feats: Regrows Limbs) [6]
"Claws & Teeth" Strength-Damage +5 (Feats: Split) [6]
Immortality 5 (Flaws: Limited- Must Be Killed as Man & Wolf) [5]

"Shapechange"
"Wolf Form" Morph 1 (Feats: Metamorph) (6) -- [7]
  • AE: "Human Form" Morph 1 (Feats: Metamorph) (6)
"Psionics" (Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Mind Block, Sixth Sense, See the Invisible)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Claws & Teeth +12 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +6, Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications:
Motivation (Bloodlust & Power)- Werewolves enjoy the thrill of the hunt. Loup Garou are even more lethal and evil, reveling in power and violence.
Involuntary Transformation (Ghoul)- If a Loup Garou is killed as a wolf, it will rise the next day in a ghoul-like human form, which quickly grows deranged, and it may never shapechange again. If killed in human form, it will instead rise as a man-wolf, but lose its identity entirely. In both cases, it loses most skills and Mental Abilities drop by 1-2.
Enemy (D'Sonoqua, Windigo, Russian Demons)- Loup Garou see these all as enemies to be destroyed.

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 80 + Magic & Psionics / Defenses: 5 (176 + Magic & Psionics)

-The Loup Garou is the name given to Werewolves in French-Canadian folklore, and they're said to be the most evil of all lycanthropes. Some are criminals, two clans lord over wilderness towns, and others are just wild creatures killing throughout the wilderness. They usually only live in Eastern Canada, though a few scattered populations live in Romania & Louisiana.

-Regarding its stats, the Loup Garou mostly the same creature as a Werewolf, but must be killed TWICE- both as a man and as a wolf. They lose the Magic, but gain some extra Psionics, as well. They also sport more damage (4D6 with a "Power Bite", with no explanation as to what that is), an extra attack (six in total, then), and +1 to hit over the Werewolf, meaning they're much more dangerous- PL 12 attackers!
Davies

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Cadborosaurus, Ogopogo, Faerie Bots!)

Post by Davies »

"Garou", apparently, really does just mean 'werewolf' in Old French, so this is a "wolf werewolf". I guess that's why it's twice as scary?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Sasquatches

Post by Jabroniville »

SASQUATCHES:
-Well, you knew this had to be coming. And they made them rather diverse, which... okay they had like 3 drawings to use, and so of course Kevin S threw three separate builds to have every possible avenue covered. It's a weird, kind of annoying Rifts thing to spread out a concept so much that there's no "true" version, honestly. As much as it's an ideal "Kitchen Sink" setting, I still feel like they should just... pick a concept and STICK with it, ya know?
Jabroniville

Spirit Sasquatch

Post by Jabroniville »

THE SPIRIT SASQUATCH R.C.C.
Role:
Mythical Forest Man
PL 11 (136 + Magic & Psionics)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 9 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+10)
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Survival) 7 (+11)
Expertise (Magic) 8 (+9)
Intimidation 7 (+9 Size)
Perception 5 (+9)
Stealth 9 (+12, +10 Size)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Startle, Tracking

Powers:
Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]
Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Infravision, Extended Hearing & Scent, Acute Scent) [5]
Immunity 10 (Disease, Poison, Cold, Fatigue Effects, Possession 2) [10]
Regeneration 6 [6]
"Minor Dimensional Doorway" Teleport 3 (Flaws: Limited to Visible Places, Unreliable- 1/day -2) [1]

"Magic" (As per O.C.C., plus Death Trance, Chameleon, Shadow Meld, Escape, Concealment, Detect Concealment, Dowsing, Repel Animals, Mystic Fulcrum, Create Water, Frost Blade, Purification of Food & Water)
"Psionics" (Mind Block, Total Recall, See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, Sense Dimensional Anomaly, Exorcism)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +9, Fortitude +9, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (Forest Spirit)- A Spirit Sasquatch will never use modern technology for any reason- weapons, vehicles, equipment, etc.
Motivation (Protecting the Forest)- Spirit Sasquatches strive to protect nature, and abhor people who engage in wanton destruction of it.

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 27 + Magic & Psionics / Defenses: 5 (136 + Magic & Psionics)

-The "Spirit Sasquatch" is actually a mythical Woodland Spirit and only LOOKS like a Sasquatch, so is rather pointless to me, especially since it's said to look identical to the "True Sasquatch". It has a very weak Wayne Breaux drawing (was he still around in 2000? Or did they just grab some old art of his and re-use it? Because that would be SUCH a Kevin move) that looks pretty much like a normal guy with some extra hair on his head.

-Spirit Sasquatches are boring ol' "Protectors of Nature" who guard the forests, but evil polluters and deforesters are typically messed with via mischief and fear-mongering instead of outright attacks. They love True Sasquatches, but rarely interact with other living beings. They are low-Mega Damage beings of great strength but fairly low on skills. More are said to take Magic classes, meaning this could just be a "Template", but their sheer number of abilities felt like it should be a full build. Sporting six attacks and good bonuses to hit, they have +12 to hit overall, which is pretty crazy, and makes them PL 11 beings, as they also have a Physical Strength averaging around 30 (the equivalent of +10 in M&M).
Jabroniville

True Sasquatch

Post by Jabroniville »

TRUE SASQUATCH R.C.C.: ST +5, STA +6, PRE +1, +1 Defenses, Survival +7, Stealth +5, Tracking, Low-Light Vision, Extended Vision & Hearing, Acute & Extended Scent, Communication (Mental) 2 (Limited to Sasquatch), "Psionics" (Males: Empathic Transmission, Psionic Invisibility, Alter Aura, Deaden Senses, See the Invisible, Empathy, Sense Evil; Females: Sense Dimensional Anomaly, Sense Time, Empathy, See the Invisible, Sense Evil, See Aura, Psychic Diagnosis, Psychic Purification, Psychic Surgery, 2 Psionic Healing abilities) [44 + Psionics]

-True Sasquatch are the "real" Sasquatch- ancient ancestors of humans who survived to modern times. The drawing is really good- typical Perez stuff, but shaggy and appropriately humanoid for something you're meant to try and play. They are mostly herbivorous (but also eat fish) and are shy, solitary, forest-dwelling wildmen, and much writing is spent on how hard it is to make them fight anyone- they just ignore insults endlessly, which seems like kind of a weird addition to the concept. They use no tools and wear no clothes, being the ultimate primitives, yet oddly suffer no mental ability decreases.

-True Sasquatch have 30-ish M.D.C. and are strong without being REALLY strong.
Jabroniville

Worldly Sasquatch

Post by Jabroniville »

WORLDLY SASQUATCH O.C.C.
Role:
Mythical Forest Man, Travelling Hermit
PL 7 (119 + Psionics)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+8)
Expertise (Survival) 8 (+9)
Intimidation 5 (+7)
Perception 5 (+6)
Stealth 7 (+9)
Technology 4 (+5)

Advantages:
Equipment 6 (Laser Rifle & Vibro-Blades), Ranged Attack 3, Tracking

Powers:
Senses 5 (Low-Light Vision, Extended Vision & Hearing, Acute & Extended Scent) [5]
Communication (Mental) 2 (Flaws: Limited to Sasquatches) [6]

"Psionics" (Males: Empathic Transmission, Psionic Invisibility, Alter Aura, Deaden Senses, See the Invisible, Empathy, Sense Evil; Females: Sense Dimensional Anomaly, Sense Time, Empathy, See the Invisible, Sense Evil, See Aura, Psychic Diagnosis, Psychic Purification, Psychic Surgery, 2 Psionic Healing abilities)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Vibro-Blade +5 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Laser Rifle +5 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications:
Responsibility (Sasquatch Traits)- Sasquatch consider each other to be close allies, though do not live near others. They will always help another Sasquatch in need. They despise cities and will quickly become grumpy, then depressed, losing many abilities in the process- this usually only takes a single day.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 27 + Psionics / Defenses: 7 (119 + Psionics)

-Though True Sasquatches are travelling isolationists, these are the exceptions- Worldly Sasquatches have entered the world of humans and used some of their gear. They use only simple stuff and won't live long inside cities, so there's a question as to how useful they are, but I guess you could use one in a Wilderness Campaign or something.
Jabroniville

Sasquatch Psionics

Post by Jabroniville »

SASQUATCH PSIONICS:
* Good lord there's even more to this. These are said to be reprinted from Rifts Psyscape.

"Deaden Senses" Makes others less alert.
"Intuitive Combat" FIGHTING +1, Dodge +4, Improved Initiative, Uncanny Dodge.
"Psionic Invisibility" Concealment with a mental save to the observer. Doesn't work for attacks.
"Psychic Omni-Sight" Uses a trance to see every possible thing visually (All Visual Senses, Radius).
"Radiate Horror Factor" Scares others.
"Sense Dimensional Anomaly" Detects Rifts, Ley Line Storms, etc.
"Sense Time" Accurately measure time.
JDRook

Re: Sasquatch Psionics

Post by JDRook »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:23 am SASQUATCH PSIONICS:
* Good lord there's even more to this. These are said to be reprinted from Rifts Psyscape.
I remember these. They liked them so much they made them part of the core set in the Rifts Ulitmate Edition. I actually kinda liked Deaden Senses; built it as an Insidious full sensory Dazzle.
Jabroniville

Dinosaurs

Post by Jabroniville »

TYPICAL DINOSAURS:
-The book offers generic stats for whatever Dinosaur that wasn't already listed, adding to the ones they expect you to have read in Rifts New West.

DOG-SIZED DINOSAURS (Herbivore)- PL 5: FIGHTING +3, Damage +6, Toughness +7
DOG-SIZED DINOSAURS (Carnivore)- PL 6: FIGHTING +5, Damage +7, Toughness +7
HUMAN-SIZED DINOSAURS (Herbivore)- PL 6: FIGHTING +3, Damage +6, Toughness +8
HUMAN-SIZED DINOSAURS (Carnivore)- PL 7: FIGHTING +5, Damage +7, Toughness +8
-Dog or Man-Sized Dinos.

MEDIUM-SIZED DINOSAURS (Herbivore)- PL 5-6: FIGHTING +3, Damage +7-8, Toughness +7
MEDIUM-LARGE-SIZED DINOSAURS (Herbivore)- PL 6: FIGHTING +3, Damage +7-8, Toughness +9
MEDIUM-SIZED DINOSAURS (Carnivore)- PL 8-9: FIGHTING +9, Damage +7-8, Toughness +7
MEDIUM-LARGE-SIZED DINOSAURS (Carnivore)- PL 9: FIGHTING +9, Damage +9, Toughness +9
-10-20 feet long or tall. Separated into "smallish" and "large", even though there's later a "Large" category.

LARGE-SIZED DINOSAURS (Herbivore)- PL 8: FIGHTING +5, Damage +9, Toughness +11
LARGE-SIZED DINOSAURS (Carnivore)- PL 9: FIGHTING +7, Damage +10, Toughness +11
-30-50 feet long or tall.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Sasquatches

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:10 am SASQUATCHES:
-Well, you knew this had to be coming. And they made them rather diverse, which... okay they had like 3 drawings to use, and so of course Kevin S threw three separate builds to have every possible avenue covered. It's a weird, kind of annoying Rifts thing to spread out a concept so much that there's no "true" version, honestly. As much as it's an ideal "Kitchen Sink" setting, I still feel like they should just... pick a concept and STICK with it, ya know?
Now, I HAVE to have this shirt. Bubbles is a genius. :)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:05 pm
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:05 pm
haha, YES.
Jabroniville

Demons

Post by Jabroniville »

DEMONS:
-Rifts Canada also has a section on Demons, stating that a variety sprung up from the Calgary Rift and came from Mystic Russia. This is probably because that book came out only fairly recently before, and they wanted some line synergy with it. I mean, that's far- I think it's a good business move. Advertise your more recent stuff!
Jabroniville

Demon Bear

Post by Jabroniville »

DEMON BEAR
Role:
Demon-Possessed Bear
PL 12 (144 + Magic)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+10)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+7)
Intimidation 13 (+12 Size)
Percpetion 6 (+7)
Stealth 5 (+6, +3 Size)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Close Attack 2, Diehard, Extraodinary Effort, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Natural Weapons) 2, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Languages 1 (All Inuit), Startle

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 4 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, Scent-Tracking) [4]
Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]
Immunity 8 (Aging, Poison, Disease, Fatigue Effects) [8]
Immunity 80 (All Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect, Limited to Non-Magical, Psionic, Stone S.D.C. Weapon, Millennium Tree or Rune Weapon Damage) [27]

"Natural Size" Growth 3 (Str & Sta +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (12 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]
Strength-Damage +4 (Feats: Reach) [5]
Regeneration 10 (Feats: Regrows Limbs) [11]
Immortality 6 (Not If Head or Body is Burned or Thrown Into The Sea) [12]

"Magic" (Turn Invisible, Chameleon, Fingers of the Wind, Fear, Repel Animals, See the Invisible, Sense Magic)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Natural Weapons +11 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Initiative +7

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +8

Complications:
Disabled (Animal)- Bears cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects. Demon Bears can understand any Inuit tongue, however.
Motivation (Killing)- Demon Bears are chaotic evil beings that kill for pleasure.
Vulnerable (Magic)- Magic does slightly more damage, and Millennium Tree & Rune weapons do much more.
Vulnerable (Regular weapons)- Demon Bears actually take the "equivalent in Mega-Damage" from S.D.C. weapons made of stone, so a regular spear will do Damage 7, for example.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 75 + Magic / Defenses: 14 (144 + Magic)

-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! OH MY GOD IT'S THE DEMON BEAR THAT'S HAUNTED MY NIGHTMARES FOR YEARS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

-No wait, this isn't the pants-shittingly terrifying Demon Bear of New Mutants fame- this is a demon-possessed bear that inhabits Siberia, Alaska, Greenland, and the Canadian Arctic. It is... well, okay, this is Rifts, so it's a standard-issue "Kills For Pleasure" 100% evil monster that you have to kill or exorcize. It either kills victims outright or drags them into the wilderness as a challenge to someone to come get them- a fight usually ensues.
-Demon Bears are even more powerful than Mutant Bears, sporting 100-ish M.D.C. (Physical Endurance x8, which is one of the rarer calculations I've seen). It also has the sneaky ability to take only half-damage from ALL Mega-Damage weaponry, except for the stuff listed above- the standard "Evil Stuff Take More Damage" caveats, as well as taking regular damage from Magic & Psi-Swords... AND S.D.C. weapons do their equivalent in Mega-Damage! This all adds up to make them terrifying threats, however, as they have five attacks, good bonuses to hit, and do a TON of damage, owing to being P.S. 40+2D6 (doing about +13 damage baseline, if you add up how Supernatural Strength works). Overall, they're PL 12 creatures on offense, and PL 10 defensively, but are hard to hurt because of their Immunities.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Faerie Bots, Sasquatches, Demon Bear)

Post by Ares »

I admit, when I read that title I immediately went here as well:

"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.