Koroko/Mystia's M&M 3e builds: Spidey Super Stories:THE WALL!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Gilliam

Re: Koroko/Mystia's M&M 3e builds

Post by Gilliam »

Very nice build of the Phantom who is one of my favourite heroes. From memory there were a number of builds on the original ATT boards and a quick search later

Phantom by therealtony

Phantom by godfallen

Phantom by Praetorian

Phantom by Baron 3E

My attempt

Phantom by kenmadragon 3E
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Hahahaha, MAN Brute Force is terrible! They're as bad as I'd ever heard- you must actually own these comics, because online info about them is so scarce that I couldn't even build the characters! Since you used my Animal Builds as a template, I can now swipe these builds guilt-free and do them myself :).

I like how they also had to be Environmentalist Super-Heroes, because lord knows Armored Animals needs ANOTHER gimmick.

It's always a bit neat to see Phantom builds around. People forget how influential characters like him & Zorro were to the concept of Super-Heroes. Zorro is still somewhat of a name, but the Phantom has LONG since become irrelevant. His ultra-plain costume and simple nature make him more forgettable in the modern era of super-heroes.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote:Hahahaha, MAN Brute Force is terrible! They're as bad as I'd ever heard- you must actually own these comics, because online info about them is so scarce that I couldn't even build the characters! Since you used my Animal Builds as a template, I can now swipe these builds guilt-free and do them myself :).

I like how they also had to be Environmentalist Super-Heroes, because lord knows Armored Animals needs ANOTHER gimmick.

It's always a bit neat to see Phantom builds around. People forget how influential characters like him & Zorro were to the concept of Super-Heroes. Zorro is still somewhat of a name, but the Phantom has LONG since become irrelevant. His ultra-plain costume and simple nature make him more forgettable in the modern era of super-heroes.
Yeah, Brute Force are terrible, but they're the kind of "so bad they're funny" terrible.But yeah, feel free to swipe the bulids for your own, though I'm not quite finished yet. I still need to do the other members of their enemy team, Heavy Metal. I'm just a bit stuck because I'm not sure what kind of shark this guy is. Image
I can at least do the others, though. And yeah, The Phantom was definitely really influential to super-heroes along with characters like Mandrake the Magician (who I actually found a 2E build of). All it needs now is for someone to build Flash Gordon and that'll be the whole Defenders Of The Earth trio, hah.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Uproar - PL 8

Strength 7/6, Stamina 6, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 4, Intellect 0/-3, Awareness 2, Presence 0/-2

Advantages
All-out Attack, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Critical: Unarmed, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Startle, Ultimate Effort: Strength Check

Skills
Athletics 1 (+8), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+7), Expertise: Survival 6 (+6), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 10 (+10), Perception 4 (+6)

Powers
Animal Senses: Senses 3 (Acute: Scent, Extended: Scent 1: x10, Low-light Vision)
Ape Strength & Long Arms: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 23; Reach (melee): 5 ft.)
Bio-Armour (Removable)
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 12 (Traits: Intellect +3 (+0), Presence +2 (+0), Strength +1 (+7))
Protection: Protection 1 (+1 Toughness)

Offense
Initiative +2
Ape Strength & Long Arms: Strength-based Damage 1, +4 (DC 23)
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 17)
Throw, +0 (DC 22)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 22)

Complications
Motivation (Destruction): Heavy Metal are pretty much just thugs, wanting to cause destruction and follow the orders of their boss.
Power Loss: Without the suit of armor, Uproar will be reduced to a normal gorilla, without the added intelligence and the ability to speak to humans. Also, the armour must be regularly maintained, otherwise it will break down over time.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 6, Fortitude 9, Toughness 7, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 30 + Powers 16 + Advantages 10 + Skills 14 (27 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 82

Uproar was originally meant to be the sixth member of Brute Force, but he was captured and made a member of Heavy Metal instead.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Gilliam wrote:Very nice build of the Phantom who is one of my favourite heroes. From memory there were a number of builds on the original ATT boards and a quick search later

Phantom by therealtony

Phantom by godfallen

Phantom by Praetorian

Phantom by Baron 3E

My attempt

Phantom by kenmadragon 3E
Thanks for letting me know! Clearly I should've searched harder, huh. Often I try searching to see if anyone else has built a character, but end up not finding out that there's another build until later. Oh well, it doesn't really matter. It's nice to see different people's takes on the same character.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Ramrod (Heavy Metal) - PL 8

Strength 8/7, Stamina 7, Agility -1, Dexterity 0, Fighting 5, Intellect -1/-4, Awareness 0, Presence 0/-3

Advantages
All-out Attack, Diehard, Improved Critical 2: Horn, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Last Stand (Ignore All Damage For 1 Round With HP Spent), Power Attack, Startle, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers
Animal Senses: Senses 2 (Acute: Scent, Extended: Scent 1: x10)
Bio-Armour (Removable)
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 14 (Traits: Intellect +3 (-1), Presence +3 (+0), Strength +1 (+8))
Natural Size
. . Feature: Feature 2 (Increased Mass 2)
. . Growth: Growth 2 (+2 STR, +2 STA, +1 Intimidate, -2 Stealth, -1 active defenses, +2 mass ranks; Innate; Permanent)
. . Thick Layer Of Skin: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness; Impervious [3 extra ranks])
Natural Weapons- Horn: Damage 1 (DC 16; Penetrating 5)
Speed: Speed 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)

Offense
Initiative +3
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 18)
Natural Weapons- Horn: Damage 1, +5 (DC 16)
Throw, +0 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 23)

Complications
Motivation: Heavy Metal are just thugs that follow the orders of their boss and cause destruction.
Power Loss: Without the suit of armor, Ramrod will be reduced to a normal rhino, without the added intelligence and the ability to speak to humans. Also, the armour must be regularly maintained, otherwise it will break down over time.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 2, Parry 6, Fortitude 7, Toughness 9, Will 0

Power Points
Abilities 14 + Powers 38 + Advantages 10 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 68

Ramrod is the other "strong guy" of Heavy Metal, as he's a rhino, and is thus strong, but also not too smart.
Last edited by KorokoMystia on Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Tailgunner - PL 7

Strength 6/-3, Stamina 0, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 2, Intellect 0/-4, Awareness 0, Presence 0/-2

Advantages
Evasion, Fast Grab, Improved Critical: Natural Weapons, Improved Hold

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+6), Athletics 6 (+12), Close Combat: Natural Weapons 4 (+6), Expertise: Survival 6 (+6), Intimidation 8 (+4), Perception 7 (+7), Ranged Combat: Tail Gun: Damage 7 6 (+6)

Powers
Animal Senses: Senses 7 (Accurate: Scent, Acute: Scent, Extended: Scent 1: x10, Extended: Vision 1: x10, Low-light Vision, Ultravision)
Bio-Armour (Removable)
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 30 (Traits: Intellect +4 (+0), Presence +2 (+0), Strength +9 (+6))
. . Protection: Protection 7 (+7 Toughness)
. . Tail Gun: Damage 7 (DC 22; Increased Range: ranged)
Flight: Flight 5 (Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round)
Natural Weapons - Talons & Beak: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 22)
Small Size: Shrinking 8 (-2 STR, -4 Intimidate, +8 Stealth, +4 active defenses, -2 size ranks, -1 speed ranks; Innate; Permanent)

Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 16)
Natural Weapons - Talons & Beak: Strength-based Damage 1, +6 (DC 22)
Tail Gun: Damage 7, +6 (DC 22)
Throw, +0 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +2 (DC 21)

Complications
Motivation: Heavy Metal are just goons, taking every order their boss tells them to do, while also being destructive.
Power Loss: Without the suit of armor, Tailgunner will be reduced to a normal vulture, without the added intelligence and the ability to speak to humans. Also, the armour must be regularly maintained, otherwise it will break down over time.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 0, Toughness 7, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities -6 + Powers 76 + Advantages 4 + Skills 21 (41 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 101
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Bloodbath - PL 7

Strength 6, Stamina 6, Agility 1, Dexterity 0, Fighting 3, Intellect 0/-4, Awareness 0, Presence 0/-3

Advantages
All-out Attack, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Improved Critical 3: Bite, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative, Startle

Skills
Close Combat: Bite 3 (+6), Expertise: Survival 7 (+7), Intimidation 11 (+12), Perception 10 (+10), Ranged Combat: Top-Mounted Gun: Damage 7 6 (+6), Stealth 5 (+4)

Powers
Bio-Armour (Removable)
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 14 (Traits: Strength +0 (+6), Intellect +4 (+0), Presence +3 (+0))
. . Protection: Protection 1 (+1 Toughness)
. . Top-Mounted Gun: Damage 7 (DC 22; Increased Range: ranged)
Electrolocation: Senses 5 (Accurate: Detect Electrical Signals, Acute: Detect Electrical Signals, Detect: Electrical Signals 1, Ranged: Detect Electrical Signals)
Lateral Lines: Senses 1 (Ranged: Touch)
Natural Size: Growth 2 (+2 STR, +2 STA, +1 Intimidate, -2 Stealth, -1 active defenses, +2 mass ranks; Innate; Permanent)
Sea Creature
. . Immunity: Immunity 1 (Suffocation: Drowning)
. . Swimming: Swimming 4 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
Senses: Senses 6 (Acute: Scent, Extended: Scent 2: x100, Extended: Vision 1: x10, Low-light Vision, Tracking: Scent 1: -1 speed rank)
Shark's Bite: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 23)
Shark's Scales: Protection 1 (+1 Toughness)

Offense
Initiative +5
Grab, +3 (DC Spec 16)
Shark's Bite: Strength-based Damage 2, +6 (DC 23)
Throw, +0 (DC 21)
Top-Mounted Gun: Damage 7, +6 (DC 22)
Unarmed, +3 (DC 21)

Complications
Power Loss: Without the suit of armor, Bloodbath will be reduced to a normal shark, without the added intelligence and the ability to speak to humans. Also, the armour must be regularly maintained, otherwise it will break down over time.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 6, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 10 + Powers 48 + Advantages 10 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 105

Bloodbath ends up being the rival to Surfstreak, naturally.

-And with that, that's all the Brute Force/Heavy Metal builds done!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Dude looks kind of like a Mako or Blue Shark to me. Depends on what size he is.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Scythe - PL 7

Strength 3, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 2, Fighting 8, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Equipment 2

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics 4 (+7), Expertise: Mercenary 5 (+5), Intimidation 3 (+3)

Powers
Kusarigama Attack: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 20; Dangerous, Disarming, Reach (melee): 5 ft., Split: 2 targets, Variable Descriptor: close group - Bludgeoning or Slashing)

Equipment
Kusarigama [Kusarigama Attack: Strength-based Damage 2, DC 20; Dangerous, Disarming, Reach (melee): 5 ft., Split: 2 targets, Variable Descriptor: close group - Bludgeoning or Slashing]

Offense
Initiative +3
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 13)
Kusarigama Attack: Strength-based Damage 2, +8 (DC 20)
Throw, +2 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 18)

Complications
Motivation: Greed

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 4, Toughness 3, Will 3

Power Points
Abilities 38 + Powers 0 + Advantages 3 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 61

Scythe is a one-shot Iron Fist foe, just a simple mercenary/martial artist. He fought Iron Fist once, lost, that's it. The only thing unique about him is that he wields a kusarigama, which is a fairly uncommon weapon.
Last edited by KorokoMystia on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Extraño (Gregorio de la Vega) - PL 7

Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 3, Dexterity 4, Fighting 5, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Ranged Attack 2, Ritualist

Skills
Expertise: Magic 6 (+6), Insight 2 (+2), Perception 2 (+2), Ranged Combat: Magic 1 (+5)

Powers
Magic
. . Magic Stuff: Variable 3 ([0 active, 0/18 PP, 6/r], magical; Limited: Magic Spells)
. . Magical Blasts: Damage 7 ([0 active, 0/18 PP, 2/r], DC 22; Increased Range: ranged)

Offense
Initiative +3
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 11)
Magical Blasts: Damage 7, +7 (DC 22)
Throw, +6 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 16)

Complications
Motivation (Passing On Their Genes To The Next Generation)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 7, Fortitude 2, Toughness 2, Will 3

Power Points
Abilities 30 + Powers 21 + Advantages 3 + Skills 6 (11 ranks) + Defenses 10 = 70

This guy is a member of the New Guardians, and an early gay superhero. He'll get a generic magic user template and like it, because literally the only description of his powers on wikis is "Magic". That's literally it. I can't do better than this without the necessary knowledge. If anyone knows what the hell his powers are, feel free to chip in. (I always appreciate people giving info)
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

KorokoMystia wrote: I can at least do the others, though. And yeah, The Phantom was definitely really influential to super-heroes along with characters like Mandrake the Magician (who I actually found a 2E build of). All it needs now is for someone to build Flash Gordon and that'll be the whole Defenders Of The Earth trio, hah.
You realise I now have to double dare you to build Mandrake, Lothar and Flash Gordon :D

Seriously I would be interested to see your take on them.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Gilliam wrote:
KorokoMystia wrote: I can at least do the others, though. And yeah, The Phantom was definitely really influential to super-heroes along with characters like Mandrake the Magician (who I actually found a 2E build of). All it needs now is for someone to build Flash Gordon and that'll be the whole Defenders Of The Earth trio, hah.
You realise I now have to double dare you to build Mandrake, Lothar and Flash Gordon :D

Seriously I would be interested to see your take on them.
Heh. I'd try, but I don't know enough about the chararacters. Particularly Mandrake, since building magic characters tends to be a pain and his powers seem to vary a lot.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Hah, Scythe was a funny one. Such a weird fight- it's basically him holding off Danny for pages at a time while Danny recounts his Origin Story, then Danny builds up all his Chi, levels out a big attack... and basically just vaporizes the blade of the Kusarigama. That's it. Scythe immediately slumps over in defeat, and Danny moves on.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Mandrake is a tough one personally I always remember him as a hypnotist/illusionist character if that helps.