Koroko/Mystia's M&M 3e builds: Spidey Super Stories:THE WALL!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
KorokoMystia

Re: Koroko/Mystia's M&M 3e builds

Post by KorokoMystia »

Rattan (Bud Cable) - PL 7

Strength 2, Stamina 3, Agility 3, Dexterity 0, Fighting 10, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Defensive Roll, Equipment 1, Improved Critical: Escrima Sticks

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+6), Athletics 2 (+4), Expertise: CIA Agent 2 (+3), Expertise: Mercenary 3 (+4), Investigation 2 (+3), Perception 2 (+3)

Powers
Stick Strike: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 18; Split: 2 targets)

Equipment
Escrima Sticks [Stick Strike: Strength-based Damage 1, DC 18; Split: 2 targets]

Offense
Initiative +3
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 12)
Stick Strike: Strength-based Damage 1, +10 (DC 18)
Throw, +0 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 17)

Complications
Motivation: Greed

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 4, Toughness 4/3, Will 2

Power Points
Abilities 42 + Powers 0 + Advantages 4 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Defenses 9 = 62

Here's an oddity - a character created exclusively for a Marvel video game, The Amazing Spider-Man and Captain America in Doctor Doom's Revenge! That's pretty rare, I think, and the game itself is very obscure due to only appearing on computers. The game also came with a comic based on it,so he's in that too, giving him a (sort of) comic appearance!
They even gave him his own OHOTMU-style bio in the game's manual.

Here's his Appendix entry, which includes his official bio.
Here's a playthrough of the actual game! (Be warned. It REALLY sucks!)

As for the character himself, he's fairly simple - a former CIA agent turned martial artist/mercenary/assassin. He fights with escrima sticks, but obviously he's worse than NIghtwing in combat. He's pretty decent with his aim, since he's a decent martial artist and fighter,, but he's more accurate than powerful and he'll lose to Cap in a fight, and would be better-suited to be on a team, as in the game's backstory (Basically Doom brought a bunch of Jobbers and other villains together, such as Machete, Zaran, Batroc, Eduardo Lobo, Oddball, this guy, ect.). He's a notch below Machete, who he fought against in the comic.
Last edited by KorokoMystia on Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

The Asthma Monster (Daniel Tyler) - PL 8

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 1, Fighting 6, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Skills
Ranged Combat: Aller-Gun 5 (+6)

Powers
Aller-Gun (Easily Removable)
. . Asthma-Causing Gas: Progressive Cloud Area Affliction 8 (1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd degree: Exhausted, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Cloud Area: 15 feet radius sphere, DC 18, Increased Range: ranged, Progressive; Limited: Limited to Humanoids That Need To Breathe)

Offense
Initiative +2
Asthma-Causing Gas: Progressive Cloud Area Affliction 8 (DC Fort 18)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 12)
Throw, +1 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 17)

Complications
Asthmatic: The Asthma Monster has asthma, and all the issues that come with having it.
Motivation (Spreading Asthma): Not happy with having asthma, the Asthma Monster wishes to spread it across the world so everyone shares his suffering..despite there being smarter things he could do...
Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 3, Toughness 2, Will 2

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 20 + Advantages 0 + Skills 3 (5 ranks) + Defenses 7 = 56

The Asthma Monster is the villain of not one, but TWO PSA comics! Yes, the PSA comic he was in actually had a SEQUEL, somehow. In the sequel PSA, he came with an "Allergen Gang" as allies. Despite the name, he is not a monster, just a guy in a suit. His backstory is that he's a guy suffering from asthma, that instead of doing many smarter things, attempts to SPREAD IT in order to make everyone else feel the same way. His gun is kinda nasty, giving people severe asthma, but he'll go down to a punch easily. Even the sequel comic, in its recap, states that "Captain America defeated him easily".
Last edited by KorokoMystia on Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Before I start this one, firstly: Kreuzritter's build of this one is great, I just decided to make an "NPC" build rather than the PL 10 (150) PC-level builds they have, for anyone that would like to use him as an NPC.
Snowflame (Stefan something) - PL 7

Strength 7/3, Stamina 6/3, Agility 3, Dexterity 0, Fighting 7, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Advantages
Fearless, Languages 2, Power Attack

Skills
Expertise: Druglord 6 (+7)

Powers
Cocaine-Given Boosts
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 16 (Linked; Traits: Strength +4 (+7), Stamina +3 (+6), Advantages: Fearless, Power Attack; Activation: move action, Fades, Source: Cocaine)
. . Flame Aura: Damage 4 (Linked; DC 19; Increased Duration 3: continuous, Reaction 3: reaction; Fades)

Offense
Initiative +3
Flame Aura: Damage 4, +7 (DC 19)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 17)
Throw, +0 (DC 22)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 22)

Complications
Addiction (Cocaine)
Motivation (Cocaine): Snowflame wishes to spread cocaine as much as he can. He believes cocaine to be his god, and claims to be the human instrument of its will.

Languages
Native Language, Portuguese, Spanish

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6, Will 2

Power Points
Abilities 38 + Powers 29 + Advantages 2 + Skills 3 (6 ranks) + Defenses 7 = 79

Snowflame is one of those really odd one-shot villains, debuting (and dying) in DC's New Guardians #2. You'd think he'd be a PSA villain, but no, he isn't! He would be a pretty simple mini-powerhouse/druglord villain, if not for the source of his powers - COCAINE! I first learned of him through Linkara's review of the comic, which made the character a bit more known. Without his boosts, he's a PL 6 goon/mook leader type, but goes up to PL 7 with them, becoming a mini-bruiser with a White Flame Aura. His costume is pretty silly, too, giving him Santa vibes.

-The New Guardians encounter him having been sent to the jungles of "Nueva Granada" (??). His goons manage to take the group by surprise while Snowflame battles RAM, and they all get cut down by gunfire. In the second encounter, he is killed when he's knocked into his own flammable chemical shed, his own flames causing an explosion.
Last edited by KorokoMystia on Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Haha, these terrible idiots are amazing. You have a talent for the obscure- even I haven't heard of most of them!
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote:Haha, these terrible idiots are amazing. You have a talent for the obscure- even I haven't heard of most of them!
Thanks! I seem to have a talent for finding obscure stuff, so I figure I may as well attempt to let more people know about them as well. I'm thinking about doing either Space Ghost, for a change, or more obscure weirdness. The issue with doing Space Ghost is that I'm not too familiar with him. I've seen him in Space Ghost Coast to Coast, seen him in a crossover with Batman in the Brave and the Bold, and read some bios online, but that's it.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

While I'm here, here's an obscure loser!
MAN, that's a terrible cover right there!

Black Web (Dr. Derek Baylor) - PL 7

Strength 2/0, Stamina 6/1, Agility 3/1, Dexterity 0, Fighting 7/4, Intellect 2, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Skills
Ranged Combat: Webbing 7 (+7), Technology 4 (+6)

Powers
Black Web Form (Activation: Move Action)
. . Black Webbing: Cumulative Affliction 7 (1st degree: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless and Immobilized, Resisted by: Dodge, overcome by Damage or Sleight of Hand, DC 17; Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree)
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 25 (Traits: Dodge +1 (+7), Strength +2 (+2), Fighting +3 (+7), Agility +2 (+3), Stamina +5 (+6))
. . Leaping: Leaping 1 (Leap 15 feet at 4 miles/hour)
. . Stingers
. . . . Stinger Strike: Strength-based Damage 2 (Linked; DC 19; Split: 2 targets)
. . . . Stinger Venom: Progressive Affliction 7 (Linked; 1st degree: Fatigued, Impaired, 2nd degree: Exhausted, Stunned, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Paralyzed, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 17; Extra Condition, Progressive)
. . Wall Crawling: Movement 1 (Wall-crawling 1: -1 speed rank)

Offense
Initiative +3
Black Webbing: Cumulative Affliction 7, +7 (DC Fort/Will 17)
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 12)
Stinger Strike: Strength-based Damage 2, +7 (DC 19)
Stinger Venom: Progressive Affliction 7, +7 (DC Fort 17)
Throw, +0 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 17)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 7/4, Parry 7/4, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6, Will 4

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 79 + Advantages 0 + Skills 6 (11 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 111

Now this guy is super-obscure. No wonder, being from a defunct independent company that only produced like..1-2 books total!
This guy is pretty obviously a Spiderman knockoff, though he does have stingers, which Spidey didn't get until The Other. So yeah, he's basically Spider-Man Lite, with stingers.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Oh, yeah, totally a "new" hero, and not an obvious ripoff. Also, we don't speak of that horrifying abomination in the bottom right.
Captain Electron - PL 7

Strength 8, Stamina 8, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 6, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Skills
Insight 1 (+2), Perception 2 (+3)

Powers
Flight: Flight 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)

Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 18)
Throw, +0 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 23)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8, Will 3

Power Points
Abilities 54 + Powers 12 + Advantages 0 + Skills 2 (3 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 74

So..yeah. Captain Electron here is pretty much your average Superman knockoff, so he's a simple low-end Flying Brick with absolutely nothing special about him.
scc

Post by scc »

I agree with Jab. I thought I knew obscure characters but you make me look like a novice. Who are these guys?
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

scc wrote:I agree with Jab. I thought I knew obscure characters but you make me look like a novice. Who are these guys?
Quite a few of these guys I came across from some of Linkara's comic reviews, others I stumbled across on my own. At any rate, most of them are pretty obscure.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Man, I need to start watching some of those- you miss things like this on alphabetical lists of characters.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Nightcat (Jacqueline Tavarez) - PL 7

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 4/1, Dexterity 0, Fighting 10/5, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Advantages
Equipment 1

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+6), Expertise (PRE): Singing 5 (+6), Expertise: Criminology 5 (+6), Perception 2 (+3), Stealth 1 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+2)

Powers
Drug-Given Feline Powers
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 18 (Traits: Agility +3 (+4), Fighting +5 (+10), Dodge +2 (+10))
. . Leaping: Leaping 1 (Leap 15 feet at 4 miles/hour)
. . Razor-Sharp claws: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 19; Split: 2 targets)
. . Senses: Senses 1 (Low-light Vision)
Staff Strike: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 19)

Equipment
Telescopic Metal Staff [Staff Strike: Strength-based Damage 2, DC 19]

Offense
Initiative +4
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 12)
Razor-Sharp claws: Strength-based Damage 2, +10 (DC 19)
Staff Strike: Strength-based Damage 2, +10 (DC 19)
Throw, +0 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 17)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 10/8, Parry 10, Fortitude 3, Toughness 2, Will 4

Power Points
Abilities 26 + Powers 23 + Advantages 1 + Skills 9 (17 ranks) + Defenses 8 = 67

Now this character was definitely a failure. A superhero singer, who seemed to not be in the main Marvel continuity (though I may be wrong), they ever had an actual singer wear the costume to tie into it, but obviously it failed. Stan Lee even wrote himself into the book! (And this was before he became the "King of Cameos") She's got some minor cat powers from a animal-powers drug, but other than that is a pretty standard low-level melee hero.
scc

Post by scc »

For some reason I want to see stats for Mr you know who but would feel bad making anyone research...that!
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

scc wrote:For some reason I want to see stats for Mr you know who but would feel bad making anyone research...that!
Yeah, some things are just painful to research. Like Youngblood (ugh). Part of me wants to see builds of them done because they're just so terrible, but that would require having to research them, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

I don't want to know who created such an abomination.

Mister Computer - PL 4

Strength 1, Stamina -, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 4, Intellect 3, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Advantages
Equipment 1

Skills
Expertise: Computer History 5 (+8), Intimidation 5 (+6)

Powers
Cane Strike: Strength-based Damage 1 (DC 17)
Immunity: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects)
Protection: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness)

Equipment
Cane [Cane Strike: Strength-based Damage 1, DC 17]

Offense
Initiative +2
Cane Strike: Strength-based Damage 1, +4 (DC 17)
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 11)
Throw, +0 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +4 (DC 16)

Complications
Prejudice (Appearance): Just..look at him.
Weakness (Water & Electricity): Being a living computer, Mr. Computer is weak to such things.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 4, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 4, Will 2

Power Points
Abilities 14 + Powers 34 + Advantages 1 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Defenses 3 = 57

Well, after showing him, I guess I couldn't leave him un-statted! I gave him an Intimidation score because...well, do I really need to explain that after seeing him? But yeah, he's not a fighter. Though, someone once statted him elsewhere and he pretty much curbstomped a lot of people, somehow. For that version, bump him up to PL 10.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

The Chairman (Windsor Glastonbury) - PL 8

Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 6, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Skills
Ranged Combat: Chair-Transformation Shot: Cumulative Affliction 10 6 (+6)

Powers
Chair-Gun (Easily Removable)
. . Chair-Transformation Shot: Cumulative Affliction 10 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Transformed, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Cumulative, Increased Range: ranged)

Offense
Initiative +2
Chair-Transformation Shot: Cumulative Affliction 10, +6 (DC Fort 20)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 10)
Throw, +0 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 15)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 2, Toughness 2, Will 2

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 18 + Advantages 0 + Skills 3 (6 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 47

Here's another one of those wacky Hostess villains. This guy is some old-looking dude with a gun that transforms people into chairs. ..Really. Obviously, he's not a physical threat at all, and will go down from a good solid punch from any self-respecting superhero. Watch out for his gun, though.