Omniverse Sourcebook

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
jes86

Re: Omniverse Sourcebook

Post by jes86 »

HalloweenJack wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:33 pm Good stuff man. Just downloaded the second volume.

The first one got me through a few days when my idiots neighbors took out my phone/internet tearing down a house last month.

And then also this month when they cut down a tree and brought the line down again.
Bummer - but I'm glad I was able to provide a distraction.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

ever plan on doing a third volume or just updating these?
jes86

Post by jes86 »

Actually, I'm currently working on a version of the Sourcebook using the old Marvel SAGA system - kind of a simplified precursor to M&M from back in the 90's - and I'm about 200 pages in - so still a few months before I get it done. (I also have a Marvel Classic version at my Deviantart site).

I don't know if I'll do a whole third volume of the M&M version, but I have been periodically adding entries - usually two at a time, so I can keep the same page count for both volumes. Both volumes have picked up twenty pages or so since I first started posting them online about a year ago.

I've also been correcting mechanical errors as people point them out to me.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Glad I found this thread... that's a fun read. Flipped/ scrolled through to see your entries. Yeah, like you mentioned, a few mechanical things but... great work !
Last edited by Bladewind on Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

I'll have to keep an eye out and redownload every now and then
Ken

Post by Ken »

Oooh. The SAGA System.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
jes86

Post by jes86 »

Bladewind wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:11 pm Glad I found this thread... that's a fun read. Flipped/ scrolled through to see your entries. Yeah, like you mentioned, a few mechanical things but... great work !
Please feel free to shout out when you find those mechanical errors, by the way - I'm editing them by myself, and any extra pair of eyes helps!
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Its actually not worth it - not in the sense that your work is not worth the effort, because it most certainly is. More in the sense that no build is ever perfect and you'll always get the "I'd have done this that way" from someone..

Having said that, can't remember specific builds off the top of my head, but there were at least two or three spots where I noticed that you could have shaved points by having a base power be an alternate effect of Strength damage (with other APs likewise.) But with essentially unlimited point builds it's a moot point...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
jes86

Post by jes86 »

Bladewind wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:47 am Its actually not worth it - not in the sense that your work is not worth the effort, because it most certainly is. More in the sense that no build is ever perfect and you'll always get the "I'd have done this that way" from someone..

Having said that, can't remember specific builds off the top of my head, but there were at least two or three spots where I noticed that you could have shaved points by having a base power be an alternate effect of Strength damage (with other APs likewise.) But with essentially unlimited point builds it's a moot point...
Agreed - but specifically what I'm trying to root out are broken rules, or weren't interpreted correctly, or obvious typos (like the Buffy entry) - that sort of thing.

I've also made changes like the one on the Silver Surfer (posted it on Reddit), where it was suggested I consider the Surfboard a power rather than equipment, and that seemed to be a well-considered consensus opinion that I acted on.

Anyway, I appreciate your interest and I will post updates as I get to them.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Gotcha - and by the way, I'm the guy who'd have done the surfboard not as a power, but as a summoned minion... :lol:

I look forward to your updates, and if I see anything really glaring I'll be sure to mention it. :D
jes86

Post by jes86 »

Just a head's up - I apologize if this is an inappropriate post, but I have a friend who's having brain surgery and I've attached a go-fund-me account to my Deviant art page to try and help her out - I'm kind of a tech caveman, so I don't really know what I'm doing as far as getting the message out on social media, but I would appreciate any help getting it out there.

This site is about fictional heroics, after all, so I was hoping some of that might translate into the real world.

I promise I won't use this site this way again, but any help through the holidays would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the go-fund-me page:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/give-joy-mccain

And thanks again.
jes86

Post by jes86 »

Updated the Vishanti today - 10/24/19
jes86

Post by jes86 »

https://www.deviantart.com/jes86/art/GA ... -819183724

Just added a Galactus Sourcebook - everything I got on the square-eyed, two-horned, flying purple planet-eater - stats, battles scans, etc.