Small Town Heroes: Inactive

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: Small Town Heroes (OOC/Recruitment Closed)

Post by EpicEclipse »

MrTweedy had originally said he wanted us to do 2 rounds I recall while Pemberly had said 30 seconds. I think he planned to just have the two rounds stretched to 30 seconds for this test just so it doesn't take too long and big the game for a simple test.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:25 am 30 seconds is... 5 rounds?
Yes
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

FYI-
This is from the set-up to this test:

MrTweedy wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:41 am That's actually worked out quite well if you ask me. Everyone can roll initiative to see who goes first in their bout. My current intention is to limit the combat to 4 rounds (2 rounds for each fighter) so that we can get to the other tests before too long. However if you guys want to run the full fight, I am more than happy to go with that.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

To clarify, the fights are only 2 posts per fighter, however narratively it is lasting 30 seconds. I know the two don't match, but I wanted there to be an even number of rounds, and it seemed like an appropriate amount of time to fit the description.

Gym Combat:

1. JD, turns taken: 2
2. Vil, turns, taken: 1

1. Sarah, turns taken: 3
2. John, turns, taken: 2
FINISHED

1. Maya, turns, taken: 2
2. AJ, turns, taken: 2
FINISHED

CaptainKaulu, I just need your second post before we can move onto the last few tests. If you can sort that as soon as possible that'd be great. :)

For those interested I've added an NPC list on page 1 so you can track who you've met etc.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

I'm going to be away on on Thursday for a few days for a wedding, so I will be inactive at the time. CaptainKaulu, if you can get your post sorted soon we'll be able to move onto the next section.
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Been forgetting to check this forum, sorry for slowing the game ... Post is up now. Not much happens.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Ok! To represent the test paper, there are going to be 2 rolls for this one. For the first section I will need an investigation check. I will then need an insight check, I think these will best summarise the skills needed for the test.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Investigation can't normally be rolled untrained. Are you waiving that for this? [I think it's a silly rule in general.]
"Something pithy this way comes."
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

I am yeah, I felt that it best represents the variety of skills that would be used in the test.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Not sure what to do IC for this as I don't know what DCs mean "scraping by" vs "easy peasy".

Sarah: Investigation and Insight: 1d20+8 19 1d20+3 10
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

I'm going to be away for Halloween, so I'll sort the next post and the roll results when I get back :)
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Alright, so to explain the test and the results in more detail:
A roll of 20+ is pretty much top marks on that section. 15-20 is very good, 10-15 is so-so, less than 10 shows a major mistake or something in the test. The two rolls are for the two half's of the paper (one for each half).

pathfinderq1, as this is directly linked to being a student, I will allow the expertise roll for this.

When ready you can throw up an ic on how the character 'feels' the test went, feel free to use the guide above for that (though if you want a character to be more or less confident based on their personality, then of course go ahead).
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

I also wanted to take this opportunity to see if everyone was still enjoying themselves? I know the tests have been a bit plodding, but I think it's helped to set the theme and give characters a chance to get to know each other.
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

I mean, it's a shame the game is PbP instead of live, which will always mean it creeps along slowly. But I was just thinking yesterday, I think this testing phase does really well at setting the theme and making this campaign have some unique flavor.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

CaptainKaulu wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:34 pm I mean, it's a shame the game is PbP instead of live, which will always mean it creeps along slowly. But I was just thinking yesterday, I think this testing phase does really well at setting the theme and making this campaign have some unique flavor.
What they said.