[2.5e] Freedom City Adventures - OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
badpenny

Re: [2.5e] Freedom City Adventures - OOC

Post by badpenny »

Pro tip:

When making an Advantage or Disadvantage roll you can use the following codes to combine the two rolls into one, e.g.

Advantage: 2D20.HIGH(1)+10 = [18, 13]+10 = 28

Disadvantage: 2D20.LOW(1)+10 = [1, 12]+10 = 11

As you can see, sometimes it works out that the differences between the rolls could amount to more than a given bonus/penalty might have been, but other times it'll work out in your favor. You might roll with Disadvantage and have both rolls be high and actually end up with more of a bonus even than you would have otherwise.

Take the good with the bad, it all comes out in the wash, and assorted other cliches.
Penny's Build Party - Playable builds - M&M 2.5 featuring Damage Roll combat
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Quick question, did all five gunmen (assuming they are armed) pile into the car? And did my scan of the bank reveal any other obvious (ie. masked) individuals in the bank?
badpenny

Post by badpenny »

ZenGypsy wrote:Quick question, did all five gunmen (assuming they are armed) pile into the car? And did my scan of the bank reveal any other obvious (ie. masked) individuals in the bank?
Yes, all five are in the car. No others remain.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Can't remember, can one provide first aid untrained? I probably ought to have a rank invested to use my Intelligence but I don't think I adjusted after removing Jack of All Trades.
badpenny

Post by badpenny »

FuzzyBoots wrote:Can't remember, can one provide first aid untrained? I probably ought to have a rank invested to use my Intelligence but I don't think I adjusted after removing Jack of All Trades.
No. If Dying were a thing, I'd allow the Stabilize aspect as that'd be heroic.

The cops are down, but not in critical condition (though IC you don't know that unless you choose to investigate for yourself).

Fuzzy, you can fiddle with your skills to do that if you want.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Alright. Skimmed 1 point from Diplomacy, 3 from Sense Motive, and 1 from Investigation to get 5 ranks of Medicine to give a total +10.
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

Quick question Penny,

Considering the iterative nature of an attack, and how some aspects of Multiattack are now baked into a base Attack check. Can we walk fire against consecutive targets? ie. the occupants in the car? Or is that a separate feature or advantage? Just curious.
badpenny

Post by badpenny »

ZenGypsy wrote:Quick question Penny,

Considering the iterative nature of an attack, and how some aspects of Multiattack are now baked into a base Attack check. Can we walk fire against consecutive targets? ie. the occupants in the car? Or is that a separate feature or advantage? Just curious.
Takedown 2 folds in the aspect of attacking multiple minions with a cumulative penalty for successive targets. I thought about it being a regular maneuver, but it struck me as being unbalanced since it would get used against named characters. It felt better to simplify Takedown to one rank for reasonable multiple attacks against melee-ranged minions and then the second rank against ranged minions.

That does make ranged attackers pay for both ranks when they might only want the second, but they do have the benefit of distance, so for now I'll stick with it. If it strikes me as obnoxious, I'll switch it to a separate Feat, i.e. Takedown (melee) and Takedown (ranged).
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

^_^ Awkward question... is Zephyr male or female? Leslie can go either way, and the bio is phrased in first person.
badpenny

Post by badpenny »

FuzzyBoots wrote:^_^ Awkward question... is Zephyr male or female? Leslie can go either way, and the bio is phrased in first person.
Good question, and I'd personally love to have a picture for the character. Deviantart is a good place to search, also Storn's photobucket.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Zephyr is female. I will work on getting a pic.

Thanks.
badpenny

Post by badpenny »

We're not using Dodge Bonus in the game at all. Flat-footed means that attacks have Advantage against you. Being Blinded means that not only are attacks made against you with Advantage, but the blinded character has Disadvantage on their attacks.

Remember, modifiers or penalties > +/-4 are switched to Advantage or Disadvantage. Bonuses from powers remain as they are.

So to attack a hand held device (normally -4) is switched to Disadvantage. To Feint as a Move Action (normally -5) is done with Disadvantage. Attacking from Surprise gives you Advantage on your attack. Attacking Minions is done with Advantage (rather than Taking 10).

As Powers, the bonuses from Morph 4 (+20) or Immobile 2 (+8) remains as is.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Is there still room for one more?I've been wanting to Do a 2.5e build for a while,just never got a Chance...
badpenny

Post by badpenny »

MacynSnow wrote:Is there still room for one more?I've been wanting to Do a 2.5e build for a while,just never got a Chance...
Sure, you can come in at the next scene. I'm looking for strictly comic book/Freedom City style heroes in the four-color mode. I'd like good hooks into the FCU and I'd prefer a spiffy color picture of your character in costume.

As 2.5 is always under revision/playtesting, please make sure you're up on the latest edits.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

thank you,I should have it up for your checking by Thursday! :D

as for Build,I like to Modify Archtypes build's,if that's cool with you...