Claremont Academy: The Delinquents IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
McGuffin

Re: Claremont Academy: The Delinquents IC

Post by McGuffin »

Noise
HP: 1
Condition: Fine

"The place is pretty cool as far as schools go, but the combat simulator's about all that stood out. That and the third floor of the library being off limits for vague reasons." Nick couldn't help grinning. "You know, any locked door seems like an invitation to sneak in and all that."
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Dove-

Cassie lets out a heavy sigh at Maddy's offer of help and shrugs. "He's just a creep. It's more than I want to get into, but I just want him to get therapy. At this point he's been expelled from school and a bunch of his robots have been destroyed. Unless his dad had a lot more loot stashed from his super-villain days, he should be just about out of money to build new kill-o-bots. Besides, Mr. Summers doesn't seem to be really with it right now anyway."

Yesterday-
Maddy stood in Mr. Summers' office as the old man went over her paperwork from Ms. Gable. He seemed pretty on the ball and friendly, not at all what her handler described him to be. "Really Miss Meeks, you can sit down. This is a prep school, not a military academy."

His voice was firm, but mild and free of rebuke. A huge change from Ms. Gable and her government trainers. It also looked like the majority of her classes weren't going to be on the logistics of overthrowing enemy regimes. A big change from the program she was coming out of.

"Okay, everything seems to be in order. I'm going to hand you off to one of your classmates for a tour of the grounds. Given your abilities and your psychological profile you'll probably want to try the combat simulator, but I'm going to put that off limits until tomorrow. Nothing to be concerned about, but the Next-Gen team has several exercises scheduled for today and I want to give the maintenance staff a chance to go over it after they're finished."

Pressing a button on his desk, Mr. Summers speaks into the intercom. "Naomi, you can come in now."

It wasn't but a couple minutes after the winged girl, Naomi Garcia was introduced that Maddy started her tour. Mr. Summers had been focused on her...in a positive way...until she left his office. Cassie's statement about him not being with it didn't fit with her experience.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Maddy "Dove" Meek
HP: 0
Condition: Normal

Horsenhero wrote: Cassie lets out a heavy sigh at Maddy's offer of help and shrugs. "He's just a creep. It's more than I want to get into, but I just want him to get therapy. At this point he's been expelled from school and a bunch of his robots have been destroyed. Unless his dad had a lot more loot stashed from his super-villain days, he should be just about out of money to build new kill-o-bots. Besides, Mr. Summers doesn't seem to be really with it right now anyway."

"Fair enough, but if you ever change your mind" Maddy responded although to be honest she doubted she would be as forgiving as Cassie if someone started stalking her like that creep.

"Strange I would have said the opposite about Mr Summers, he seemed very focused yesterday when I met him but .." Maddy shrugged her shoulders " ... yeah that was the first time so I wouldn't know him like you do."
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Noah Garcia/Leapfrog-

"That's the super weird thing, " Noah interjects. "yesterday I would've thought Mr. Summers would be on top of things too, but he missed the school announcements this morning. Cassie's mom gave them instead. And when I saw him later on and waved...nothing."

Naomi Garcia (no relation)/La Halcon-

"Si, and the Headmaster isn't the only one of the staff to withdraw. Has anyone tried to talk to Mr. Marquez recently? It's almost like he's been dosed or something. He used to watch Sebastian like a hawk, but the last week or so he's been totally out to lunch."
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Menagerie
HP: 2

"And from what we overheard from the security staff, Mr. Summers seemed apathetic to the March of the Chess Bots." Nathan added. "I think it's worth looking into, isn't it?"

If the Garcias got on the bandwagon, it could provide a cover for the team's own activities.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Maddy "Dove" Meek
Noah Garcia/Leapfrog-

"That's the super weird thing, " Noah interjects. "yesterday I would've thought Mr. Summers would be on top of things too, but he missed the school announcements this morning. Cassie's mom gave them instead. And when I saw him later on and waved...nothing."

Naomi Garcia (no relation)/La Halcon-

"Si, and the Headmaster isn't the only one of the staff to withdraw. Has anyone tried to talk to Mr. Marquez recently? It's almost like he's been dosed or something. He used to watch Sebastian like a hawk, but the last week or so he's been totally out to lunch."

"So you're saying the teachers have all switched off .. we can do what we want? I am starting to like this new school even better and better." Maddy replied then in a more serious or resigned tone continued

Menagerie wrote: "And from what we overheard from the security staff, Mr. Summers seemed apathetic to the March of the Chess Bots." Nathan added. "I think it's worth looking into, isn't it?"

If the Garcias got on the bandwagon, it could provide a cover for the team's own activities.
"I suppose so just in case it is something like mind control. How bout you Naomi?"
Shock

Post by Shock »

Weatherman
HP: 2 LP: 3

"Guys, we've been here for like 2 hours, tops."
Chris held up his hands. He was starting to get concerned they were going to blow cover on their first day. "How about we get settled in a bit before we start solving all their problems?"
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

COCHISE
HP:2

"i would at least like to find my room and store my gear before we start nosing around."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Noise

"Lets get settled in first, then figure out things from there."
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Noah Garcia, Naomi Garcia, Cassie Dugan-

Noah nods his head in agreement. "One hundred percent the right idea. Let's get you all settled in...then we can start looking into the peculiar goings on."

"If you don't want to go out right away, I'll do some early poking around and give Maddy the heads up when I find something." Naomi volunteers.

"Not without me." Noah says.

Cassie rubs her temples for a moment and then interjects. "Look, if we're going to do something this uncalled for, maybe we can just come back here later. The school is on low alert, no super-villain incursions for months if you don't count today, so only two security officers are on duty at night...one in the control center here and one walking the grounds to make sure students aren't doing the nasty in the pool house or whatever. If we get here late enough at night we can probably slip some Ambien or something in the guards' coffee and when he nods off, we can go over the security tapes and hope we find something. At least that way we don't have to explain to the headmaster why security caught us sneaking around the grounds at night."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Weatherman
HP: 2 LP: 3

"Yeah we're going to sneak out on our first night, drug the guards and hack the security system. That'll show everyone how wrong it was that we got kicked out of our last school."
Chris laughed. "You guys aren't actually considering this are you?"

He looked at Cassie and the other long time students. "Look, I wanna help but we can't start off like this. Let us talk it over first."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Maddy "Dove" Meek

Maddy gave Cassie a sideways glance, what the pretty girl was suggesting was completely unexpected and gave the impression there was more to her than at first glance but she really liked what she was hearing from Cassie and Naomi.

"Lets see no curfew so if we just happen to wander round later on and lose track of time and if some of the guards just happen to fall to sleep on the job as well then it is an opportunity too good to turn down."
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Settling in-

Despite meeting up with Naomi to take a couple "moonlight walks" Maddy has an uneventful next few days. Uneventful except both she and her partner in skulking are tired during classes.

Everyone else spends their time assimilating into the student body. They notice there's a peculiar sort of rhythm at Claremont. Headmaster Summers has for all practical purposes disappeared from the public eye, with Mrs. Dugan filling in for him most of the time. The members of Next-Gen spend most of their time with each other, though the "new kids" get to meet most of them. Jae Murphy (aka Blue Bolt), Amelia Cero (aka Miss Kitty) and Wally Thompson jr (aka Junior) are the most outgoing of the young heroes, spending time socializing with the other students. Reena Sarin (aka Catalyst) and Alea Arlissan (aka Elflight) both seem a bit standoffish or perhaps socially awkward. Martin Conte (aka NGM) is nearly the stereotypical angry young man, while Nina Cruz (aka Silver Eagle) and Luke Dixon (aka Wraith) are all business, spending the majority of their time studying or training.

Most of the student body seems to admire Next-Gen with the notable exceptions of Sebastian's clique, who mock their heroics and Cassie, who just avoids them. Ironically, Cassie spends most of her time with (Prince) Telemachus of Atlantis, whose older sister is Nereid of the Freedom League. The prince seems to have no interest in super-heroics, despite his pedigree, spending the majority of his free time jamming on his electric guitar.

All in all, everything seems almost boring...except for Chris's dreams:

He awakens in a hallway somewhere beneath the Academy...or at least he thinks he's beneath the Academy. Not far from him the hall begins to twist and turn, like some Dali-esque version of the world. Around him people mill about like automatons, searching for the way into the real world, while his teachers and classmates are pulled toward the twisted reality. He knows if he slides into those twisted halls he'll be lost. Something over there is hungry. It needs to be filled but doesn't seek to consume. He feels waves of loneliness and desire.

Suddenly, Noah Garcia is beside him pointing toward the mystery tunnels. "Mars needs women homie!" He jokes. Then arms latch onto both Noah and Chris with an iron grip. Turning he sees a blank eyed doppleganger of himself pulling him toward the twisted passage. "Join us in exile." It groans.

Then he awakens in a cold sweat.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Settling in 2-
Despite Maddy's failure to turn up anything, everyone (including Maddy) is welcome to post about what you're doing for those first couple days at the Academy. If you want a list of prominent students or staff to plan interactions with, I can certainly give you names and a quick snippet about them.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Noise

Nick spent the next few days getting to know as many students as possible. Noah and Naomi had already proven promising leads.

He did his best to keep it casual, though, and didn't bring up any of their suspicions yet. But what he was interested in, was what Cassie had mentioned about parts of the library being off-limits, and to that end Nick had sought out Zoe, who was supposed to know more about it.