(OOC) Gulf Coast Guardsmen (RCU)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: (OOC) Gulf Coast Guardsmen (RCU) [full up]

Post by Spectrum »

Happy New Years folks!
I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things tomorrow.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
MetaShaman

Post by MetaShaman »

Spectrum wrote:Happy New Years folks!
Also, this.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

1) A Happy New Year to all. Here's to a better 2017 than we had in 2016.

2) I am going to set up a new thread for the second adventure. What I would like is to start with each of the heroes in their average day and do a bit of background stuff with each of you before we bring all of you together again. As such, I'll set the overall scene and you can each chime in with what you're character is up to and we'll build from there.

3) If you feel as though there's more to say in the first adventure, please feel free to continue to post there until you feel that you've taken it as far as you want to.

4) All of the characters, including King Croc and Phase are getting 1 PP for the adventure, with Wraith and Waverunner getting +1 bonus. :)
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
Ken

Post by Ken »

jcjec wrote:3) If you feel as though there's more to say in the first adventure, please feel free to continue to post there until you feel that you've taken it as far as you want to.
Spectrum: this mean the coversation that Waverunner and Elephanteen are having, once you get out of Survival Mode.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

So many great scenes so far.

I'm eager to get started again!
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Hmmm...I'm not sure starting a new IC thread for every adventure is a great idea. It may make the gaming page a bit crowded if many more games pop up and players could get confused and post to the incorrect thread. I mean, the title banner is probably editable, so adding the new chapter number to the existing thread is what I would suggest. That will make it easier to research past event s as well.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I was thinking something similar. It's really unusual to see multiple threads for the same game.

One thing that might work for you; back when Neotropolis was hot and I had time to post, I had a main game line and then a 'Director's edition' which allowed us to further develop smaller scenes of interest without disrupting the overall flow of the game.

Waverunner's conversation with Elephanteen could easily go into there.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

I will admit that I primarily did it for my own purposes because I also tend to do write-ups of the adventures I run and, when they are done as PbPs I add a link to the actual postings. That being said, though, if people would rather stick to single posts, I can probably adjust, though I'm going to stick with the current one as we are already into the second page and I don't want to mess with transferring things over and deleting.
Jim C.

Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Interesting scenario for Waverunner. Probably should note that she does have a limited air supply.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Spectrum wrote:Interesting scenario for Waverunner. Probably should note that she does have a limited air supply.
Glad you like it and shouldn't be a problem. ;)
Jim C.

jcjec

Re: Complications

Post by jcjec »

Hero4hire wrote:OOC
I am thinking of adding the complication "Legally Dead/Tortured by Former Life" on his sheet.
Consider it done. :)

As such, Mangrove and Wraith both get a bonus Hero Point for what they are dealing with. I'm quite sure more are to come.

Keep up the good work, folks.
Jim C.

Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

The fun part is dealing with the complications. I truly enjoy this fleshing out of Wraith and Fontaine. The antagonistic rant is quite fun...it allows for true character development.

That being said, will be late on next post. Car trouble took up large chunk of free time for posting. Looking at tomorrow before continuing verbal sparring with Magister Fontaine. I apologize for delay.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Shadowbourne wrote:The fun part is dealing with the complications. I truly enjoy this fleshing out of Wraith and Fontaine. The antagonistic rant is quite fun...it allows for true character development.

That being said, will be late on next post. Car trouble took up large chunk of free time for posting. Looking at tomorrow before continuing verbal sparring with Magister Fontaine. I apologize for delay.
No worries. Life happens.
Jim C.

MetaShaman

Post by MetaShaman »

My posting habits have gotten sloppy since I finally got access to my Steam games again, and I apologize for it.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

JC/Ken- would you allow an advantage that allows gather information to be based on persuasion? I'm not sure that the rest of investigation makes sense for Waverunner. She's good at talking to people, not so much the squinty stuff.