(OOC) Gulf Coast Guardsmen (RCU)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ken

Re: Unnamed RCU Florida Game, recruiting

Post by Ken »

jcjec wrote:
Jemal wrote:I'm intrigued by this Omnisphere is there more to it beyond mutating animals?
It HAD all sorts of warping capabilities. It mutated, but also had the possibilities to distort space and time. Once it was completely uncovered at the ocean floor, there was great fear that it could cause the destruction of the planet. That's why, once the heroes discovered it, it was removed from the planet and sent into outer space (Ken, feel free to correct me if my memory is off). As we said, though, it did plenty of "damage" before being discovered.
It distorted space and time and the fabric of worlds became weaker. It caused a magical heroine from the second World War who was nearly lost in the dimensional void to reappear decades and continents away from where she started. It caused a hurricane to become locked in place over the Gulf for several days. In therory, there's very little it couldn't do, but it's effects were random.

And Jim is remembering correctly, once the heroes retrieved it from the villains who initially dug it up, it was entrusted to the Stellar Brotherhood who took it away from Earth. Where precisely they took it... I assume only Star Abess Nanodah knows for sure.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

This definitely sounds up my alley. I am going to read up more on the info you provided and see if I can make a fitting submission. (I often like to link a character to something in a world that is rich in History).
Ken

Post by Ken »

Hero4hire wrote:This definitely sounds up my alley. I am going to read up more on the info you provided and see if I can make a fitting submission. (I often like to link a character to something in a world that is rich in History).
Be glad to have you. It would be turn about for letting me play Speeding Bullet in yours.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
DeusPravus

Post by DeusPravus »

Finally edited in Shaper's complications and background. Let me know if there's anything that I should tweak.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Waverunner now has a background. The mechanics might need to be adjusted a bit to reflect that she's a younger hero and offering her more opportunity for growth.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

DeusPravus, Spectrum and ZenGypsy - thank you for your submissions. They all look great and I look forward to seeing them in action.

By our count, there has been four others that have shown interest and we look forward to seeing your characters as well. :)

The other thing that we would like to see from you all is suggestions for a team name for the group. Any suggestions?
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
DeusPravus

Post by DeusPravus »

Hmm, team names... All I can think of are terrible or corny ones: Glade Crusaders; Sunshine Squad, the Florida Force, the Gulf Guardsman, etc.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Who formed the team?
Why did they form it?
Do we have any bosses? Corporate? Government (which level)?
Are there more members than just us?
How long has the team been around?
ZenGypsy

Post by ZenGypsy »

I came up with the following two ...

Florida Defense Initiative ... this one sounds like a government sponsored team to me ...

Gulf Coast Defenders ... if a more organically formed team ...

Still working on a working Nemesis for Seth ... I think I have something I just want to run it by Ken.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Walt's Warriors
Disney Defenders
Knights of the Magic Kingdom
Ken

Post by Ken »

Spectrum wrote:Who formed the team?
Why did they form it?
Do we have any bosses? Corporate? Government (which level)?
Are there more members than just us?
How long has the team been around?
How long has the team been around: we'll actually be starting play before the team forms.

Are there more members than just us: Well, we hope to get a few more submissions. Jim and I are debating as to whether or not Darkling will be a part of the team or not. Beyond that, we have no one planned.

Who formed the team and why: the Florida Strike Force office will probably be responsable for assembling the team the very first time, in response to a particular threat (of which is still being determined). Hopefully, after that they'll have the "we work well together and Florida needs a team" discussion.

Do we have any bosses: it's too early to tell. Staying together under the auspices of the Forida Strike Force will be one option available to the team. It's also conceivable that they'll decide to stay together and not want government interference, so then they'll probably need to find sponsors. Basically, we're wanting to tailor the game to what the players want.

Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

I haven't kept track...how many apps have you gotten? I'm in a couple games, but their pace has been glacial, so I definitely have room to apply for another game if you aren't swamped in submissions.
MetaShaman

Post by MetaShaman »

Not fully coded or anything, sorry.

Name: Douglas Jensen
Alias: Citizen Quartet (Citizen Red/Blue/Black/Pink)

Backstory: Douglas was a pretty average guy who grew up in Miami, he was always a gifted fighter, and he knew ot from his youth of watching kung fu movies and sentai-style super teams, he could always imitate what he saw in the movies with astonishing accuracy. Raised by a loving middle class family, he wanted for nothing, and had strong moral foundation.

He found his calling one halloween night, age 16, when he was dressed as a childhood hero, a super sentai team member of red coloration. He witnessed an old lady gettingvheld up in a mugging and immediately jumped into action. At first, he tried fascinating the mugger with stylish and flashy poses (paired with a classic hero speech) so the old lady could get away. It worked to that extent but the mugger's target changed appropriately to Douglas, and the good Samaritan was assailed with a knife.

He dispatched the mugger with shocking ease, and placed him under citizen's arrest. This was the event that inspired him to become Citizen Red, a costumed hero of justice and good. Of course, because of wear and tear on his costume, he's had to change costumes quite frequently, after all, he's no tailor.

Very recently in his career, he was stopping the robbery of a museum all on his own. Normally he could handle a group of armed thugs, but these one's were different, they would at the very least require his full attention each. A glowing artifact called to him, or at least illuminated the room with blinding light long enough to fend off the robbers whilst he figured out what it was.

Just a touch and he knew how it worked, the power of ancient magic which allowed him to tap into and borrow the power of alternate timelines. It was a belt of champions, warriors of olden days, but now it was his belt, or so it told him. He figured the current owners wouldn't disagree if he finished the job without breaking anything. Activating the mighty power of The Belt, he 'split' into four variants of himself, each donning a different color, and one being a different sex entirely.

Citizen Red remained himself essentially, but he and his selves seemed to have battle plans coordinated well in advance, with how well the worked together, thanks to a mental link. Together, Citizens Red, Blue, Black, and Pink finished saving the museum and got to keep the belt as a personal thank-you from the owner, since it would do far more good in his hands than it would gathering dust on a shelf.

This was when Citizen Red became reborn as Citizen Quartet, the hero team that never fails.

ABILITIES

STR: 4
STA: 4
AGI: 3
DEX: 3
FGT: 8
INT: 1
AWE: 0
PRE: 0

POWERS
Four Colors: Summon 6 (90 Point Duplicates sans This Power), Heroic, Mental Link, Horde, Multiple Minions 3 (4 Minions), Limited (User vanishes while active), Removable (Power Belt) (-13) - 54 Points

EQUIPMENT
Smartphone (2), Flashlight, Restraints, Motorcycle (10)

Grapple Gun: Movement 1 (Swinging) - 2 EP

Blaster: Ranged Damage 6, Double - 13 EP
AE: Set to Stun: Ranged Affliction 6 (Fortitude vs Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated), Double - 1 Point

SKILLS
Acrobatics 6 (+9), Athletics 6 (+10), Deception 6 (+6), Perception 7 (+7), Persuasion 8 (+8), Ranged Combat: Blaster 3 (+6)

ADVANTAGES
Equipment 6, Fascinate (Persuasion), Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Set-Up 3, Teamwork

DEFENSES
Dodge: 8
Parry: 8
Tough: 4
Fort: 7
Will: 5

OFFENSES
Init: +7
Unarmed +8 Close Damage 4

POINTS SPENT
Abilities 46
Powers 54
Skills 18
Advantages 13
Defenses 13
Total: 144/144

COMPLICATIONS
Motivation - Doing Good: As a civilian, he has a strong sense of right and wrong, which drives him to fight crime.

Fame: He's a pretty over-the-top individual who's spent most of his career fighting very small crime, wearing what appears to be a Power Rangers cosplay outfit, and multiplying himself into four colorful individual combatants, striking poses and such. He's bound to pick up a few fans, if not the sarcastic sort.

Trademark: Outfits like his sort can be bought at pretty much any costume store worth its salt. He even sometimes relies on such stores to get a new costume if his is ripped up.

Vulnerability: If his four duplicates are incapacitated, so to is he. If he deactivates prematurely, each incapacitated duplicate results in him reforming with a degree of failure on the damage table (-1, dazed + -1, staggered + -1, incapacitated).

Quirk - Over The Top: If left alone, he is prone to going on loud and proud heroic sermons to villains. He gets really into it, makes wild poses, which leaves him pretty wide open for enemies to get a head start on whatever they're going to do in reaction. That said, this may functionally fascinate foes just as easily as it would leave him vulnerable. An ally could snap him out of it if they wanted to.

Quirk - Alternate Earths: Citizen Blue, Black, and Pink are from different Earths than Earth K (Blue=Earth-M, Black=Earth-V, Pink=Earth-F). There may be several distinct differences in events and common knowledge which could cause humorous misunderstandings.

Design Notes: Since there is no halfway point between 2 Summons and 4 Summons with Multiple Minions, I just borrowed a Limitation from the Summon Powers section of the Power Profiles, Combined Form or something of the like. This, paired with his complication "Vulnerability" let me flavor the power to be like splitting up his energy between four bodies, so if Citizen Red gets Knocked Out, he can recombine into one form to regain the energy he was lending out to the other 3 versions of himself.

Also, flavoring Fascinate (Persuasion) as delivering a heroic speech whilst flexing and posing like a narcissitic body builder who just watched Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. His quirk complication "Over The Top" is designed to function as "If he fails his Fascinate check, GM can give him Vulnerable or Defenseless against some attacks for a Hero Point."

Also, I don't know where he got the blaster from, I just wanted him to have one, so he could be more Power Ranger-like. Any suggestions as to where a crime fighter with standard intellect could procure one without me defaulting to 'Internet'?
Last edited by MetaShaman on Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
MetaShaman

Post by MetaShaman »

Horsenhero wrote:I haven't kept track...how many apps have you gotten? I'm in a couple games, but their pace has been glacial, so I definitely have room to apply for another game if you aren't swamped in submissions.
Counting mine, four.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

ZenGypsy wrote:Basic concept is an EOD technician who gains control over Magnetism ...
Magnaflux - PL 9
Two quick questions for you:
1) What part of Florida has Seth called home?
2) Is the artwork you used created specifically for Magnaflux, or did you take it from somewhere else, and who's the artist?
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?