Re: OOC: Against the Cult of the Reptile God - D&D 5E - Recruiting Closed

Post by Flynnarrel »

Totally makes sense for her.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:35 am
"Or they can stay up here and come down only when they hear the traditional elven cry of bravery which may, superficially sound like an eight year old human female. Just sayin'."
I need to remember to use the traditional elven cry of bravery later ;~)
Shock

Post by Shock »

At what point would you like us to do the numbers to move up to level 2?
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Feel free to do it whenever you have time to.

A part of me would love to do the old school "You need to train" thing, send you back to your mentors and have a training montage. I think that could be a lot of fun.
But this campaign isn't really set up for that.
And you guys are probably going to need that level soon ;~)
Shock

Post by Shock »

OK I'll go first and go up to Level 2

Hit point increase: 1d10+3 8 Bah below average
Gain 1st level spellcasting ability. Can prepare 4 spells (half Paladin level + Cha Mod)
Choose Protection Fighting Style
Gain Divine Smite ability
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Modified Aldan's character sheet for level 2 Rogue.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I plan to do my 2nd level updates on Zasio in the next couple of days since I need to make a couple choices concerning his fight style.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Tattooedman wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:38 pm I plan to do my 2nd level updates on Zasio in the next couple of days since I need to make a couple choices concerning his fight style.
Yeah, tough choice. Probably either Dueling or Defense would be best.
Shock

Post by Shock »

We're going to have to start working together on combat tactics so we can make things like my Protection style and other stuff work for us
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:55 pm Yeah, tough choice. Probably either Dueling or Defense would be best.
I was down to Dueling or Two-Weapon Fighting and favoring the second, it's another reason I have Zasio using short swords. Because I figure the averages play out for better damage on a d6 damage roll plus finesse bonus.

Shock wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:41 pm We're going to have to start working together on combat tactics so we can make things like my Protection style and other stuff work for us
I tried to in the fight, but didn't realize until after I posted that the target I tried to gang up on had already been killed. So I need to apparently work on paying better attention to the status of all the opponents.

--
Hit Point Increase: _: 1D10+0 = [9]+0 = 9 plus +2 Con mod
Fighting Style - Two-Weapon Fighting
Can now cast 1st level spells (2 total - Cure Wounds & Hunter's Mark)
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Tattooedman wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:58 am
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:55 pm Yeah, tough choice. Probably either Dueling or Defense would be best.
I was down to Dueling or Two-Weapon Fighting and favoring the second, it's another reason I have Zasio using short swords. Because I figure the averages play out for better damage on a d6 damage roll plus finesse bonus.
You're right. There may be times you want to do something different with that Bonus Action but If you look to Tyragon's Protection style for added defense you can forego the shield (main benefit of Dueling style).
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

HP up for Georgia: 1d8: 6 +1 =7
So HP is up to 16

Georgia gains a new spell (Tasha's Hideous Laughter), and new abilities (Jack of all trades and Song of Rest)

Do we edit our previous character sheet posts or post new ones for level 2?
Shock

Post by Shock »

I edited mine. That makes it easier for Arkrite since he doesn't have to update the sheet links in the first post
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

So, in case I described that poorly: The front deck of the inn is now on fire. If you want to leave through the front door you're looking at at least 5 HP worth of fire damage. (This of course doesn't take into account any clever plans from the PCs, this is just the rush outside approach).
The inside of the inn is fine, so far, the fire hasn't spread inside yet.
If anything it looks like Zasio caught it just as it's starting, but somebody used a lot of oil.

Since I failed to mention it in the IC post, Zasio doesn't see anybody outside. Whoever did this is either hiding, or has already run off.

If you want to go out a window you're going to have to bash your way out since they've all been boarded shut.

To anybody who paid careful attention while at the blacksmith's place you would know that they have rain barrels full of water as well as a couple buckets of sand.
Tyragorn would most likely know this without looking due to his history with the owner.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Okay character sheet post edited.

Now as soon as Zasio raises the alarm Georgia is going to begin operation Tiefling Fire Extinguisher!

AKA spamming Prestidigitation's 'snuff out small fires' effect to either clear a path and/or keep the fire from spreading. (I don't think Thaumaturgy's similar effect can actually extinguish flames but it can make them flicker or dim so that might keep the fire from spreading.)

I'm going to assume by the time she gets to the fire it will have gotten past 'Small campfire size' so she can't just totally extinguish it.
Also if it is relevant to anyone else's fire-related plans Georgia is fire resistant.