B.A.D. (Bastions Against Destruction)- IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tattooedman

Re: B.A.D. (Bastions Against Destruction)- IC

Post by Tattooedman »

Outsider:
Condition:
HP: 2
KAIJU wrote:"I was kidnapped from my world," she continued. "Whatever happened must have made me crash here. When I woke up, everything was already a wreck. Also," she jabbed a finger towards Facet Iam, "what the hell is this guy saying?"
"He is lamenting over the struggles beings endure as they search for meaning in their lives." Outsider answered, hoping that his doing so would keep Kaiju from engaging in some release of the frustration she was showing.
Facet of Iam wrote:Facet suddenly grinned widely as he noticed the gesture. "She can't understand me one bit, can she?"
"No she cannot." Outsider says in a distracted tone, not as amused as the artificial being appeared to be.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Outsider-

This time, knowledge from the Norn flows through to her champion. The Universal Church of Endings is a nihilistic cult, outlawed in almost all civilized space. No stellar government, from the Grue to the Imperium permits the church to operate openly and most label them terrorists. The church eschews most higher technology, which is convenient since the vast majority of creators of said tech won't sell to them. The church operates a fleet of beat up, out of date starships in varying degrees of disrepair. Like most terrorist cults, they depend on the martyrdom of suicide attacks for most of their "military" success...but they delve in dark magics and worship ancient, nameless deities that loathe the activity of civilization.

The most devastating actions the church has ever taken has involved summoning avatars of destruction. The last time they took such an action was over a hundred Earth years ago.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Salvo
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Salvo listens to the exchange, realizing that he failed to identify himself in his own request.

"My chosen designation is Donec Argentum, but I respond to the callsign Salvo. I am of the order of the Argent." He openly acknowledges the source of much of his power, knowing how some feel about his "master" or "superior." Better to have that in the open now than later, especially since his appearance and abilities all but confirmed that to begin with.

Thankfully, his abilities allowed him to understand and be understood by all with whom he spoke...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Outsider:
Condition:
Salvo wrote:"My chosen designation is Donec Argentum, but I respond to the callsign Salvo. I am of the order of the Argent."
"Greetings Salvo." Outsider says as the last of the information races through his mind and he turns his attention to the rest of those gathered here. "It seems as if the Church of Endings is behind what happened here, using what is their preferred method - apocalyptic magics of ancient times. Though it has been over a century since they were last so active." The dark haired man pauses, then adds. "Perhaps we sould consider looking into how the Church as rebuilt itself in that time."
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Facet of Iam
HP:2
<~> O°<~>

"I've never had much personal dealing with this group personally." Facet admits with technical truth. He had this vague impression that one of his fellow Aspects was much more familiar with the church then he was for reasons unclear. "It would perhaps be prudent to peruse around local databases for information, but one should not discount what's in front of them, hm? Allow me to be the first to take a closer look."

Leaving the conversation with a flourish, the puppet directed himself to float closer to the strange sculptures so that he might have a look about the area for any more clues that could be present.
Investigation: 18
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Salvo
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

The Facet of Iam had the right idea. Using his sensory array, Salvo scans the area. He is looking for paths and energy trails of what may have brought and/ or left the area.

OOC - Sensory Array: Senses 21 [Low-light Vision, ; Extended Vision x8, Penetrates Concealment; Detect Path, Accurate, Acute, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Ranged, Tracking 2]
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Stargirl

Azura frowned. Religion had never made much sense to her. Her Earth parents had exposed her to several variations of God worship. She found it fascinating how much they all had in common yet wars had been fought because two religions couldn't get along.

"Why would a religion want followers to kill themselves? It is something I've never understood. Isn't one of the most important things for any religion is to have lots of followers? This is even more incomprehensible as these followers destroyed an entire planet." she commented.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Facet of Iam
HP:2
<~> O°<~>

"On the contrary," Facet spoke, as he leaned his face toward one of the statues, chin cupped in concentration. "It's not the 'religion' as you put it which desired suicide. No, it's more the followers who desired death for themselves and others and joined this cult as per consequence. I'm sure these beings saw themselves as martyrs in the fulfillment of their god's wishes."
------------
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

KAIJU

"He is lamenting over the struggles beings endure as they search for meaning in their lives."

"...Okay," Kaiju stated flatly, her face scrunched in confusion since she didn't really get it. Or any of these people, really.

Order of the Argent? Was she supposed to know what that was? And the Church of Endings? If they were responsible for going around killing not only entire planets, but also themselves, then they were the worst kind of bastards: dumb bastards. There was a tingle in the back of the woman's mind; an instinct pulling her towards seeing them crushed.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Stargirl

"We had cults on Earth where people killed themselves believing they were going to a better place or they died defending the leader from what they saw as overbearing rules, regulations, and authority. This is on a much grander scale. You say this Church of Endings is responsible? I am unfamiliar with this cult. Are there many of them in the galaxy and are they likely to destroy a whole planet again? If yes, then it is my duty to stop them."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Outsider:
Condition:

"I am unaware of how many members their are in the Church, as well as their ability to repeat this event." The dark haired man answers Stargirl as he gestures towards the remains of the cultists. "Which is one reason I suggested we look into the Church."
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

All-
Everyone with some sort of Cosmic Awareness or similar senses roll a Perception check for me.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

OOC - Salvo does not have Cosmic Awareness (posting to "show" i'm here.)
Last edited by Bladewind on Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

No Cosmic senses forvStargirl. Only remote senses with a 1 mile range.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ooc:
I know you treated it like I did, but Facet has normal 'human-Luke's senses. Even if there are methods of cosmic awareness built into him, he does not have access directly.
------------