IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shock

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 21 AC:18

Tyragorn had a great time both telling his stories and downplaying his legend. He politely rebuffed amorous advances, emphasizing his duty to his god and pushing any possibility of pairing up to the future. As the crowd died down, he said his good nights and retired to his room before it got too late.
Arkrite

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Arkrite »

Eventually the night winds down, with people slowly heading out in groups of two or more, sometimes assisting one of their friends who've drank a little too much. Eventually it's just you and Ollwin, Belba having gone to bed hours earlier.

Ollwin cheerfully wanders through the inn, securing the shutters, barring the outside door and putting out the fireplace. Finished with his work he bids you a good night and makes his way back behind the bar, through the kitchen into what you would assume is his private rooms

The night goes by without incident and when you make your way downstairs in the morning you find Belba bustling about. She hums one of the songs Georgia was playing last night as she fills your table with a platter of eggs, bacon, sausage, some fresh fruit, a steaming hot loaf of bread, some fresh butter. For those who ask there is milk, water or tea available.

Belba pats Georgia on the shoulder, "You have a lovely voice, my dear."

Jessica looks exhausted as she sits at the table, red eyes looking blearily at you as she nurses a piece of bacon and a mug of tea.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan was, annoyingly enough, a morning person. This is not to say he was chipper or happy but rather alert and not groggy.

He joins her at the table but keeps his voice low. "Sister Bright, rough night? Any dreams of note? Since we're probably dealing with a supernatural threat no dream, especially from someone divinely powered, should be discounted."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jessica groans, burying her face in her hands.

"I had this dream that people snuck in through a hidden door in the wall, put bags over our heads and beat us unconscious, stole our stuff, then fed us to a giant lizard monster," She moans, "And every time I'd wake up, and I'd realize it was just a nightmare, then go back to sleep and have the same nightmare. Over and over again. All night."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

The elf listens to all of that with a degree of seriousness. "Do you fear we're in danger here in the Badger? I imagine that is a possible scenario if we were in the Golden Grain but if you fear that here we can change rooms, find an abandoned building no one knows or I can check your room for secret entrances if you want." he offers.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Arkrite wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:23 pm The night goes by without incident and when you make your way downstairs in the morning you find Belba bustling about. She hums one of the songs Georgia was playing last night as she fills your table with a platter of eggs, bacon, sausage, some fresh fruit, a steaming hot loaf of bread, some fresh butter. For those who ask there is milk, water or tea available.

Belba pats Georgia on the shoulder, "You have a lovely voice, my dear."
Georgia smiles back. "Thank you. I come from a very musical family so I've been learning music since I could talk. While we're named for our instrumentalists, the Fiddler family has plenty of singers happy to teach we young uns how best to use our voices."

The tiefling then happily digs into the meal before her.
Arkrite wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:23 pm Jessica looks exhausted as she sits at the table, red eyes looking blearily at you as she nurses a piece of bacon and a mug of tea.
Arkrite wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:37 am Jessica groans, burying her face in her hands.

"I had this dream that people snuck in through a hidden door in the wall, put bags over our heads and beat us unconscious, stole our stuff, then fed us to a giant lizard monster," She moans, "And every time I'd wake up, and I'd realize it was just a nightmare, then go back to sleep and have the same nightmare. Over and over again. All night."
Georgia gives her roommate a concerned look. "Who-wee that's a nasty cycle to be caught in. No wonder you look so tuckered out. Not much we can do about it now, but if tonight you have the same trouble sleeping let me know. I have a couple of tricks that might help."

Georgia goes through a list of said tricks in her head, ranging from mundane soothing songs and lullabies to casting a sleep spell. She makes a mental note to double check the walls later as Aldan suggested just to be thorough.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn came down not too far behind Georgia and immediately dug in to breakfast. "This hits the spot first thing in the morning. The cook should be proud." He grinned broadly, knowing what kind of reaction that would get.

"Don't worry about your dreams, Lady Jess. Sometimes, it's just a bad dream."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan looks at Tyragorn curiously. "Does Heironeous have a different way of contacting his devotees?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jessica just groans, "It's just a nightmare."

"Aldan and Tyragorn were sleeping in bunk beds in our room," Jessica says, finally pulling her face out of her hands and clutching her mug of tea, "Which was four times larger, and had a waterfall. And I believe that Zasio was a bird."

She sips her tea and grimaces, reaching for the container of honey to sweeten it, "If you want to check for secret walls, you're welcome to. I couldn't find anything before I went to bed," under her breath she mutters, "Or after I woke up."

Stirring her tea she looks around at the others, "So where should we head to first?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"Ah. I bow to your knowledge of your own mind." Aldan says pleasantly.

"I thought we'd find ourselves a druid and see what he knows of what is happening with this area. If we judge him to be not involved and if he's willing, maybe we can secure his help through pleas or barter with visiting the Temple and inspecting it, preferably without supervision." Aldan says.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn shrugged. "They say Heironeous speaks to all of us differently. I don't have dreams or visions but when tells me what he wants, it's always clear to me."

"I agree, we should find the hermit first. Anything he knows can only help."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jessica just blinks at you owlishly while she waits for the others to put in their opinions. Once it becomes obvious that everybody's said their piece she just sighs, "Okay, I'll get my gear on and meet you outside."

Belba bustles back in to clear the table as the rest of you start to leave, waving and telling you to be sure to be on time for dinner.

Outside is the start of another sunny day, with the crisp cool air belying the afternoon heat ahead of you. The skies are blue, the birds are singing, and those that listen carefully can hear that many of the farmers are already out in the fields hard at work.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan likewise kits up as if he's a normal wizard (with the exception of leather armor under his robes) and waits outside.

When the group is assembled he'll start leading them on the path West into the woods. They had a druid to meet.

He kept his elven eyes peeled.
Perception: 1d20+4 24
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn wanders on, focused more on the group members than watching outside.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)

The ranger ate quietly as Jessica, Aldan and Tyragorn talked about dreams. Zasio had nothing to say on the matter as all of his dreams were nightmares, more like memories he refused to recall during the daytime but his subconscious mind were still struggling to deal with and forced him to confront them while he slept.

Instead he ate silently and was ready to leave when the others were. Outside the half-elf takes in the scene which is so vastly different than what he had grown up with in one of the larger cities, although he could see the pleasure in the straightforwardness of a life living here. Not that Zasio was ready for that himself by any means, so he focused himself on the task at hand - locating the local woods-living hermit.

OOC wrote:Perception: _: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!