IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan frowns looking around at the nearly empty room void of easy places you sit. "Perhaps we can start with a tour of this beautiful building?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 21 AC:18

"Having a friendly temple on our route could be a big help. And more travelers could only help spread the word of Merikka."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"I'm terribly sorry, but you've already seen most of the temple that can be seen," She says in a serene tone with a mild smile, "The rest of the temple is restricted to the clergy."

"And I appreciate your efforts to help us spread our word, but I fear very few travelers find the draw of our teachings. They look to the roads, to the cities, very few look to the farms and see a better life awaiting them," She looks upon Tyragorn for a moment, "I think that many who would face these roads would be more drawn to your Heironeous."

"Make no mistake, we will happily great any who seek to learn of our ways, and we will be grateful for your efforts and the fruits they have wrought."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"What do you offer to those in Orlane? Many temples I know of are places for healing and succor. Is that within your purview?" he presses.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)

As the others talked with the priestess, Zasio looked for any signs of oddness but found his concentration lacking as the woman deftly word danced with Aldan and Tyragorn.
OOC wrote: Going to try a Perception Check.
Perception Check: 1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8….and not notice much.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"We do offer healing in cases of injury, what magics and herbs we can provide, as well as the stone walls to protect the people should the goblins from the forest attack again. We also provide the teachings of our goddess to any who are interested, though I fear most of the knowledge we've been given is far more helpful for farming than anything else," She says with a small smile.

Zasio doesn't see anything dangerous, or threatening. However the floor could use a sweeping and the statue has a fine layer of dust building up on it.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn stifled a huff when Aldan asked about services offered. As if the temple housed a common merchant. Anyway, he was getting tired of pretending they didn't know what was going on. "Have you seen anything of the evil infecting Orlane?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

[Is there anyone else around, or can Aldan hear anyone walking the halls?]

"And what might your name be Sister?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:16 pm "And what might your name be Sister?"
"Ah, I forgot to introduce myself, my apologies. I am Misha Devi," She offers a small curtsy.
Shock wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:37 pm Tyragorn stifled a huff when Aldan asked about services offered. As if the temple housed a common merchant. Anyway, he was getting tired of pretending they didn't know what was going on. "Have you seen anything of the evil infecting Orlane?"
"Evil? I know that a great number of people have moved away recently, but I wasn't aware of any evil influences," She says, "Perhaps I should fetch Elder Abramo. He's the highest ranking priest in our temple, and if you honestly believe there is something amiss he would be the best person for you to speak with."
OOC: The room is void of any people except yourselves and Misah. Your passive notice doesn't pick up any noise in the nearby halls. You can faintly hear the gardener outside, and occasionally a dog barking.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"Ah, and where would he be? In the Temple?" the elf asks.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Indeed he is. He's upstairs at the moment," she says, "If you give me a moment I shall go and ask him to join us."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

The robed elf frowns. "No need to bother him if he's with a parishioner or doing the Goddess's work." Aldan says with a dismissive wave of his hand.

"Speaking of, some temples maintain a series of beds for their flock, barracks-style, nothing fancy. Do you guys offer such? In some cases large caravans can overflow modest inns such as Orlane has to offer. Perhaps you have an area like that already or could be converted for such in a basement, per chance?" he prompts. "A report such as this needs to be thorough in what capacity the waystation city has. Sufficient donations would, of course, be made for any accommodations."

His questions serve to determine if there might be others in the Temple besides the two priests and/or maybe figure out a place they could be keeping those taken from the town. I he could convince her he needed to see the basement and further isolate her, even better.

It also gives him time to survey Sister Devi to see if she has a visible symbol that vaguely matched the stylized snake symbol the goblins bore. Maybe if he could separate her from the icon of her new god it may restrict the powers she could bring to bear against them when things turned toward her subjugation.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"You must have noticed how badly the people are faring. Don't you know any of them?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Misha looks confused at Aldan's question, "I- As I said before I'm afraid the temple is restricted to the clergy, we don't really have any room that could be used, beyond what you see before you. I can't imagine anybody would care to camp out on cold stone floors if there was any other option available."

"In case of an emergency we are happy to offer protection behind our walls, but I'm afraid we simply do not provide the service you are looking for."

To Tyragorn she simply offers a small apologetic bow, "I'm sorry, but if you could just wait a moment I'm sure that Elder Abramo would be better suited to help you with your inquiry."

With that she makes her way towards the door on the west wall.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Was Aldan able to spot a snake-like symbol on her person anywhere?]