IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan
AC: 16
HP: 14
[What did a quick walk through the lower right-hand rooms reveal them to be? No one in there, I take it?
Should there have been Insight checks during the questioning or is she just that stone-faced?]
Aldan frowns, either she was made of very stern stuff or the prospect of possible rescue was emboldening her. Aldan will replace her gag and ask to talk to folk out of the chamber.

"Okay, stealth and guile are probably out of the question now. We may want to deal with the gardener and dogs now rather than after he breaks through and frees the serpent-monks and priestess. But we could try to get so far in to the Temple they can't find us until we free whatever hostages and/or confront the source of evil power, assuming it's in here. Which shall it be?" Aldan asks the others with some urgency.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 21 AC:18

"I think we can scare the old man off easy enough. If he hasn't been corrupted, he shouldn't want to fight us."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)

"I agree with Tyragorn, as that seems the quicker and more direct option." The ranger said.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan nods. "Okay, I've four bags of caltrops, they'll go in the foyer, a ballbearing bag as well. That might space out the dogs. After spreading the bags I'll pull the bar, move around the corner, then hide. Tyragorn be the first thing they see. Go on the defensive when you need to; you might be surrounded quick it this doesn't work. Zasio, you might want to do ranged but be ready to pull swords when the dogs and/or Groundskeeper engage. Georgia, a Sleep spell if enough are hurt and grouped, but there's a whole Temple in front of us still. Sister Bright, same. We can feed Goodberries to each other, don't be shy."

"Shall we set this up?" he looks to the others for confirmation.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

""Save your tricks for the real fight. It's an old man and his dog." Tyragorn didn't see the need for over-preparing. He put his hammer on his shoulder and headed for the door. "I'll tell him to leave us alone."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[How many dogs does it sound like, GM?]
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

It's hard to tell through the door, and the thumping, but there are at least two different animals barking and snarling. And there's also the sound of a few different voices yelling, at least three distinct tones, though with all the sound it's impossible to make out any words. It's easy to tell they aren't happy.

Jessica looks uncomfortable, "Are we sure we'd want to fight in this room? If there's anybody else still in the temple they could come through any of these doors while we're busy."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[What was in the southeastern room? We put the 3 monks in there and just gave it a cursory look to make sure there were no extra enemies there.]
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The door to the south east leads to a small room (Room 8) that is almost empty barring three rough wooden benches that sit against the walls. To the east there is a door which is locked.
OOC: Sorry, I mistakenly thought you were putting them in Room 4. Will try to update the map image soon, but it's a small room with a door to the north (which you came from) and a door to the east which is locked. Listening at the east door in this room won't reveal any sounds.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Locked? When Aldan searched Misha did she have a key?]
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"Our Sister Bright has a point, sounds like multiple people and at least a couple of dogs." he points to the closed doorway. "And this is a big room with who knows how many foes waiting in the wing."

"We could head further into the temple but If they get in unchallenged they'll free the people we defeated. We could use one of the antechambers. He points to the southern rooms, that would limit their ability to attack us. and give them a central point to focus on. But I fear being trapped with too little options."

"Or... if our two fierce warriors think we can hold here and scare off the men and dogs we can stand firm. Input?"
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn shook his head. "I don't think I'd like to get into a fight with these townsfolk. They shouldn't get hurt because of what's going on here."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"We can attack to knock out, like we did with Misha and the monks." Aldan suggests. "And Georgia's spell for Sleeping, if she chooses to use it now, will not harm them."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"That's easy to say, not always easy to do. I don't think I want to fight them if we can avoid it. I do like the sleep spell."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

With the decision made to move on Aldan wastes no time. "Let's move everyone into this room," [he points to room 8] "We'll spike the door from the inside, hopefully they won't want to break *another* door down so soon in their quest for us. We know that the locked room has an exit to the golden statue hallway. We'll spike that Eastern door as well and give them a runaround. That should delay the pursuers a little and give a so-so chance they don't find the foes we've bound." He looks up. "As we go through this place, remember to check the ceiling. The monks saw through our ruse a little too easily, their could be spy holes or even murder holes from the second floor to this one that they could drop nasty things on unsuspecting heads." the paranoid elf says. "Georgia, could you assist me with the door, please? Big guys, if you could move the prisoners into here." [room8] "Sister Bright, here's a pouch of ball bearings, place them in the initial foyer, just before the doors, one pounch will cover that entire 10-foot by 10-foot area. Maybe it'll trip up the first guys to rush in and make them think twice about just charging through the Temple after us. Give us even more time. Then I have spikes for the door into the southeastern room."