IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
stavaros_the_arcane

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

"Well there's one more Inn in town that we haven't checked. So if we're lucky it won't have suspicious characters working there. I mean the Mayor and his wife actually recommended that one." Georgia says with a nod. "But if the choice is between roughing it and risking a knife in the back, I'd take the former."

Turning her attention back to the vestments, "We should definitely check in on the shrine of Merikka. At the very least make sure that whoever the Goblins snatched these from are alright. They seemed more than a little stab happy and I hope no one was harmed in the acquisition... although there's a lack of stab holes which is promising that these weren't taken of someone's dead body."

OOC: Perception 1d20+2: 8
Arkrite

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Arkrite »

Jessica looks at Aldan with a shocked expression, "That was real? I thought you were-" she blushes furiously realizing how rude she's being and mumbles embarrassed, "Uh, Embellishing."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

There’s an audible intake of air in preparation for a response but Aldan stops, considering. He finally concedes the point with a shrug and nod. “I could see me doing that. But I wasn’t’.” He says truthfully.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 13 AC:18

Tyragorn smiled at Georgia. "I admire your optimism."

"I don't know if we need to fear sleeping at the inn. With theese creatures about, I'd prefer a closed door as a bit of security."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"We should check out the second inn before making any final determinations."

Aldan uses empty sacks for the tools, the vestments and religious paraphenalia, and offers Georgia a sack for the gems and potions she found.

"We should tell the mayor what transpired here, I think. His place is on the way to the other inn, and we can try again at the elves' cottage. Should we bring... I dunno, ears or fangs as proof?" he asks, making a distasteful face at the prospect.

[Tyragorn, Zasio, a reminder that he GM asked for Perception checks please.]
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 13 AC:18

Thanks for the reminder
Perception check: 1d20+2 13
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)

Zasio stood at the top of the stairs to keep an eye out in case something or someone decided to wander into the abandoned building. Though his sharp ears allowed him to hear the others conversation and comments.
OCC wrote:Perception Check: _: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:25 am “I could see me doing that. But I wasn’t’.” He says truthfully.
Jessica seems to wilt at the admission, and mumbles, "I kind of wish you were."
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:51 am "We should tell the mayor what transpired here, I think. His place is on the way to the other inn, and we can try again at the elves' cottage. Should we bring... I dunno, ears or fangs as proof?" he asks, making a distasteful face at the prospect.

Jessica cringes as she climbs up the last of the stairs, "I'll pass on that, thank you."

She waves a hand in front of her face, "The smell of smell is blood and lamp oil is already making me nauseous enough without that kind of ghoulishness."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:

Zasio heard the sound of movement followed by the sound of something falling down the stairs and moved to investigate.
OCC wrote:Perception Check: _: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Zasio

As you approach the front door of the Inn the smell of lamp oil grows stronger. A familiar cracking and popping noise can be heard as you move the planks out of the way of the door to reveal that the entire front landing is now on fire.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 21 AC:18

"We need to get out of here."
The rush of danger had Tyragorn stating the obvious. He rushed to the kitchen, not remembering whether they had seen a door there or not.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:

The Half-Elf draws a deep breath upon seeing the flames. "FIRE! Everyone upstairs and find a way outside!"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"Get to the blacksmith's across the road, he had water and sand and buckets. Break out the window boards if needs be." Aldan calls up, his words hurried but not yet panicked.

With little time, the elf decides. With a knife he pops off the longest finger on one of the lizardman corpses and wraps it in heavy linen and stows it. He grabs their other spoils not yet carried and races up the stairs to assess things for himself.

His mind quickly assesses the scene. Though he personally never ran an arson scam but knew enough to recognize hasty, sloppy, unprofessional work.

"Yeah, break out windows, Sister, knock out that one," he points to a window on the South side of the building, nearer the smithy but not sharing a side with the front door landing just in case, "be prepared for ambush in case the fire-setter has a bow trained on this place."

"Georgia, it might be too big for your torch-sized magics to affect but you can try. I'm suspecting we'll have to smother it down a lot before you can spell it away. When you get out can you make your voice booming and call out something like 'Fire and the Foaming Mug'?"
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Georgia Fiddler
HP 16
AC 15
Inspiration 1
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:10 pm Aldan

"Georgia, it might be too big for your torch-sized magics to affect but you can try. I'm suspecting we'll have to smother it down a lot before you can spell it away. When you get out can you make your voice booming and call out something like 'Fire and the Foaming Mug'?"
Georgia follows the group up to the main floor. Looking at the fire she considers. "As you said, its probably too large for me to put out the whole thing without help. I can maybe clear a temporary path from the door to the edge of the porch for a couple of us to get out of the building. Getting myself past that fire ain't no big deal since fire don't bother folk like me all that much, but ya'll are a mite more flammable. I can get out there and raise a ruckus half the town will hear."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 21 AC:18

"There's a door here!" Tyragorn called out before planting his left foot into the boards covering the door.
Strength check: 1d20+3 17