IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Arkrite »

Zakarias smiles, though it doesn't seem to reach his eyes, "My good man, I appreciate your noble sentiment and normally I'd be happy to accept your offer. But the safety of this town is the Constable's job. And I'm sure he'd prefer to clean up his own messes."

"Besides, you probably would want to get a room at the inn and wash up before dinner, and we could hardly ask more of you after you've cleared this viper den from out midst," Zakarisa says in a cheerful tone, "I'm sure Grover and his assistants can clear up this mess."

As if being spoken about has summoned the Constable the man makes his way back out and starts heading over.

"Might be time to head out, I can't imagine this will be a fun or interesting discussion," the mayor notes, dryly.
Shock

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 21 AC:18

Tyragorn nodded. "We'll see you for dinner soon."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jessica waits until the mayor is out of earshot before asking, "Can we please try the Inn that doesn't have the master assassin in it?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan consults his notes. "Ah yes, the 'Boozy Badger' with the suspiciously good wine." the paranoiac elf says. "Certainly we should check it out."

"Potentially addictive libation beats near-certain assassination in my book. So that's a check in the 'plus' column for Badger already."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"Let's go then."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)

"Yes, let's."
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Gerogia Fiddler:
HP 16
AC 15
Inspiration 1

Georgia clears her throat. "I could definitely use something to wet my whistle after all that alarm raising."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

The Elf takes the lead across the river to the side of town they'd yet to explore.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The trip back through town is rather uneventful, leading you back past the Village store, the stables (#8)

A well kept building to the south (#7) has the look of a person who's designed their house to be remarkably sturdy. The sign on the front shows a gem encrusted ring that some might recognize as an indication of a Jeweler and Money-changer's home

Just past that is a newly built home (#5) with a Weaver's sign sitting out front, and bales of wool sitting on the front deck.

A small sturdy structure (#2) can be seen just to the southwest of the Golden Grain Inn, with reinforced doors and shutters, though all of them sit open at the moment.

To the west of the Golden Grain is a well maintained dairy farm (#4). The livestock is lively and well fed, the buildings are whitewashed and in good maintenance, and a trio of little girls stop their playing in the front yard to gawk at you as you pass.

As you approach the Boozy Badger you can see a large water wheel, likely a mill-house(#26), off to the east behind the Inn.

The inn is easy to spot even if one can't read the sign stating the Boozy badger's name, the sign holds a picture of a badger on it's back using all four legs to tilt a mug of ale into it's mouth.
This inn is smaller and older than the Golden Grain.
Several beds of flowers brighten the front, however, and the large middle-aged woman sweeping the porch looks cheerful.
She stops and gives you a friendly wave as you approach.

"Well, hello there strangers," She smiles, "Welcome to the Boozy Badger. I don't suppose I could talk you into staying a while? Supper isn't quite ready yet, but we've got some fresh bread that came out of the oven only a half hour ago and some lovely ale to tide you over until then."

"Tell them about the wine!" a voice calls from inside, prompting the lady to roll her eyes playfully then call back, "Yes dear."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan resists the urge to peek in various businesses and buildings on their trek though mid-western Orlane. And as much as he wants to engage at the well-kept farmstead just across the road from the sesspool of evil he assumes the Golden Grain to be, he stays his course.

He smiles at the friendly greeting. "Yes, we've heard your wine is uncannily good." Aldan says to the woman. "Our supper plans are spoken for but we could bring a bottle or two to the mayor's house when we go. We'd like to see about rooms for the e'en and maybe a quick freshen up before that though. I'm assuming you are the proprietess of this establishment?" he smiles amiably.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Watch yourself, the first bottle is always free, but the next one-"

"Oh hush, woman!" The voice calls from inside, eliciting a couple of laughs from other people inside.

She smiles and shakes her head, "Name is Belba Cralloon. The man shilling-"

"Shilling!" an offended voice calls out, followed by a few more laughs.

"Shilling wine is Ollwin, my huband," She repeats cheekily before looking at the group, "We have openings, so we'd be able to fit you all, unless there are more coming, mister..?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"Aldan, Aldan Tallymin, Mistress Cralloon. It's a pleasure to be greeted by such joviality in a time and locale where scowls and suspicion seem more the norm. Why, our own Tyragorn was nearly run off a farmstead, the first one, furthest East of town by that road to Hookhill, over a simple misunderstanding involving a berry." Aldan gestures to the armored warrior. "My other companions are Georgia Fiddler, who will, no doubt, earn a crate or two of your wine in barter for an evening of enchanting song, Jessica Bright a devout nun of Pelor, and the laconic Zasio, supreme tracker and guide."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Ah, well, strangers are our bread and butter. We'd be a poor inn were we to chase off customers," She sets the broom to the side and dusts off her hands on her apron, "And don't you mind that lot. They were a sour bunch before everybody started walking around with thunderclouds over their heads."

She waves for you to follow her into the building.

The shutters have all been thrown open wide and sunlight streams into the common room. There are three round tables sitting towards the north side of the room with a long table with benches towards the south. The Northeast end of the building has stairs leading into the second floor. To the Southwest is the bar where a heavyset balding man with a big smile is currently cleaning glasses while chatting with a farmer seated at the bar.
There are another three people seated at a table, chatting and drinking.
Most of the people pause as you come in, but after a few beats they go back to their conversation, only shooting you the occasional glance.

"Ah, more customers, my dear?" Ollwin asks with a smile.

"Oh, now I'm your dear? A few moments ago I was just woman," She teases.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," He claims, feigning innocence.

The man at the bar snorts and covers a laugh by taking a quick drink.

"So what can we do for you, travelers?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"Right now? A place to get cleaned up and maybe a small glass of this wine we've been hearing so much of. A place to put whatever stuff we don't need for a supper and a walk through a.... quaint town that we've been nonetheless set upon in by enemies. I, myself, wont be leaving much." He pats the wand in it's holster like it was more meaningful than a stick he found in the woods.

"We may as well get rooms now. Three adjoining. One for Georgia and Jessica. One for the two men-at-arms. And one for myself. Doable?"
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn gave Aldan an odd look and shrugged. The elf seemed to be enjoying playing the rest of them for the "help" a little too much but it was ultimately harmless. "Ale is fine for now. I wouldn't want to insult our hosts later by not being hungry. And a bucket to wash up would be very nice."