IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan nods triumphantly at the snake headed amulet. "Her new object of worship, I've no doubt. The head priest may have something similar." he opines.

He hesitates before handing over the ring. "It has magic I'll wager. Georgia or Sister Bright, if you want to gamble it has protective spells and wear it, that'd probably be a bet worth taking." he offers to either of the women.

He'll otherwise continue the business of bind. blindfold, and gag the unconscious Sister Devi. "Tyragorn, check if the main doors can be locked and/or wedged. We don't want that groundskeeper or the security dogs the old lady mentioned interrupting us. I'll set up a trip wire across the door. Georgia can impersonate Devi and come up with a compelling reason to call Abramo* down. Hopefully he trips and then maybe another grab and subdue? We'll want him held or bound and separated from any holy symbols before asking after the missing townsfolk. That's assuming we wish to talk. We may do better rendering him unconscious and searching the temple ourselves."

* it was Abramo, right?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 21 AC:18

Tyragorn did as asked and pushed the chairs against the door. It would at least slow down anyone trying to come in. "Pretend or not, if someone calls him, he'll come right? We just have to be ready."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan.

"It's a matter of how he comes down and whether he casts spells for battle first." Aldan says.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The door can be closed with a couple of wrought iron catches, though the door itself can be barred from the inside. However the wood beam that would be used isn't immediately visible.
Those who make a spot check DC10, or believe they'd look up fairly often.
The wooden beam that would be used to lock the door has been stored in the rafters right above the door to keep it out of the way but keep it close to the door. With the use of the chairs getting it down is simple.
It takes a bit of time to set up a trip wire without making a lot of noise, and as such it's unlikely to last too long, but you feel confidant that if somebody doesn't see this it's liable to ruin their day.

Jessica looks at the ring and purses her lips, "Well, it looks like it might be magic, but I can't tell without taking some time to look at it. I have a spell, but I'd rather not waste my magic right now."

The building is still silent, and there doesn't appear to be anybody moving, though it's possible the stone is dulling the sound.
Misha has been bound and gagged, and is unlikely to escape without assistance.

Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)

Zasio looks around the room for the wooden beam used to lock the door and after not finding it he looks above to the rafters above the door and nods. Of course it was kept there, clever. After getting a chair he lowered the beam down and quietly put it in place against the door.
Jessica looks at the ring and purses her lips, "Well, it looks like it might be magic, but I can't tell without taking some time to look at it. I have a spell, but I'd rather not waste my magic right now."
"May I have a look at the ring Sister Bright?" Zasio quietly asks.

(this next part assumes Jessica hands it over)

Zasio inspected the ring closely, as close as an appraiser trying to gauge the value of a gem would, for any kinds of markings on the outside or inside of the ring that might give any clues as to what unique abilities it might possess as he had heard such markings were semi-common.
OOC wrote:Spot Check to find the beam: _: 1D20+0 = [20]+0 = 20, well that was overkill but I'll go with it.

So a Perception Check to try and notice any kind of markings? I'll roll one just in case.
Perception Check: _: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

With the door barred, the tripwire set, and the prisoner secured all that was left was for Georgia to call the other priest down. Something with urgency but not danger. (And whatever disposition of the ring occurs).

Secretly he wanted one of them to put the ring on. He wanted them well protected. (The old paladin promised him a healthy bonus should everyone return safely after all. And... he was kind of fond of them, even the stuffy young paladin.)
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn watched Zasio get a chair questioningly. "What are you-? Oh. Yeah that's better than what I was going to do."

"I think we need to be careful with the ring. If she's been corrupted, there's no telling what it might do."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Zasio looks at the script carved into the inside of the ring. Memories of his time in the army come to the forefront, one of the older members in the scouts had done a mage a good turn. He'd been gifted a magic ring which had been enchanted with protective magics, and he had been quite found of showing it off.

It's hard to remember if the writing is the same or not, though it looks familiar.

The temple continues to be eerily quiet, with only the muted sounds of the gardener working outside.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)

Zasio glances to Jessica. "I am fairly certain this ring has protective magic, although I am sure now is not the time to test this theory." He holds the ring up. "Do you want to hold onto it for now?"

OOC wrote:If Jessica wants to hold onto the ring, Zasio has no objections.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jessica considers the ring for a moment, "You can hold onto it if you want. If you are right then you or Aldan would have more need of it than I would."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"Of the two of us I'd say Zas should wear it as he's been getting up close and personal with our goblin foes and his armor's not far different from mine. I think mine's a bit better, actually, had some luck winning coin from a wine merchant who sampled too much of his own wares before a rousing game of Dragon's Draw couple months ago. Otherwise I'll wear it, sure." the elven lad says.

"In either case, madam Fiddler, whenever your ready." Aldan will conceal himself within a short step and strike distance from where the priest may sprawl if the tripwire works.
stealth: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18
bonus action Hide, Ready action attack the priest non-lethally
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn stood to the side behind one of the tree pillars, ready to move when needed.
Holding action
Stealth Check: 2#1d20+3 12 4 NOT stealthy
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:13 pm Aldan

"Of the two of us I'd say Zas should wear it as he's been getting up close and personal with our goblin foes and his armor's not far different from mine. I think mine's a bit better, actually, had some luck winning coin from a wine merchant who sampled too much of his own wares before a rousing game of Dragon's Draw couple months ago. Otherwise I'll wear it, sure." the elven lad says.

"In either case, madam Fiddler, whenever your ready." Aldan will conceal himself within a short step and strike distance from where the priest may sprawl if the tripwire works.
stealth: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18
bonus action Hide, Ready action attack the priest non-lethally
Georgia clears her throat and calls up in her best imitation of the priestess' voice. "Elder Abramo? It's Sister Devi. Apologies for disturbing you but I desperately need your guidance with a sudden matter. Could you come down and assist me? It's rather urgent."

She then moves to stand out of direct line of sight of where the tripwire was hidden.

OOC: Deception check 1d20+5: 25
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

You hear a response almost immediately, the sound of feet ring out from the halls. A few moments later the doors on both the east and the west side of the room burst open.

From the west side a robed monk hops over the tripwire at the last moment, as he rushes into the room, staff raised and snarl on his face.
Behind him another monk hits the trip wire and sprawls to the ground. On the east side a third monk hits the trip wire at the door and crashes to the ground, the impact sending his staff skittering across the floor.
OOC: The monks don't seem to have fallen for the trick, but they rolled so bad on their stealth everybody could hear them coming.
Two of them fail their save vs the trip wire and are prone, there is one close to the pillars on the west side who is standing but hasn't quite spotted you yet.
Your turn to act, guys.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan
AC: 16
HP: 14

From a concealment he could not trust Aldan sprang forward on the prone acolyte. The basket hilt of the rapier he bore punched for the man's kidneys. The blow, if it connected, could stun the man out of the fight if he were lucky. He then backed away and began chanting loudly in 'arcane' elvish - a non-sensical collection of elvish sounding syllables, all while tracing a 'sigil' in the air in effort to make them think he was spellcasting something nasty. He hoped that would make him the target of anti-mage spells.
Attacking prone man @ advantage.
rapier with adv: 2#1d20+6 17 23 23 to hit
rapier dmg + sneak: 1d8+4+1d6 14 14 total damage. non-lethal.
He backs away (prone guy can make an opportunity attack @ disadvantage if he wishes.
Bonus action(?) deception: 1d20+6 21