IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan nods and gestures a genteel 'after you' through the charred entrance for any who wants to go. "They're in there, assuming no one took the opportunity of chaos to go in the back way and remove the bodies. There'd be blood tracks in that case unless arcane magic was used to cover even that. Goblins in the drinking room and lizard folk in the cellar." he says after the guardsman. Aldan glances to Zasio and nods in the direction the constable was walking, a silent request.

"As to what they are doing, Mr. Mayor,... there was evidence to suggest they were affiliates or devotees of a vaguely-snakish-shaped god-cult. We've not even seen half your town and have observed evidence of a waning faith and mental instability, were attacked by a goblin by your stables and more in the first of your many abandoned buildings we've inspected, and the tales of people disappearing or 'leaving mysteriously', or worse, coming back... are quite disturbing."

"Now if this were the City I'd have recommendations for the guard, but in Orlane I don't even know who to trust." he looks askew at the constable's retreating back.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 21 AC:18

Tyragorn nodded slowly. "A dark cloud hangs over this village. Foul magic is in the air. You've seen it."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Zakarias grunts, lowering his voice, "I've lived here for years and I don't know who to trust."

"Almost everybody in town has lived here for years, we've never had more problems than a goblin attack or a bar brawl," He looks around, "Now? Now people are disappearing, acting strange, and we have a nest of monsters in the middle of the city."

"A nest of snake worshiping goblins and lizardmen," he shakes his head, "This can't be all of them, there must be somewhere else they're set up, but it couldn't be in town-"

He looks at the burned inn, and he grimaces, "Or at least, I never thought that could be the case."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

The elf steps close to the mayor, careful not to make any moves that the bodyguard would find... objectionable. His voice is pitched to be discrete.

"Who DO you trust, Mayor? I can share the findings of our investigation, as brief as it's been. But we'll need to know what you want as the end goal, and what you're willing to authorize and provide. There's a Darkness in your town and we're just at the edges of it. How far are you willing to take this?"
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"We must remove the evil taint from this village and find the missing citizens. What else is there?"
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)

As the townspeople came in response to the budding fire, Zasio helped in their efforts to aid his allies in ending the blaze. Afterwards, he keeps quiet as Aldan explains to the higher powers of the town as the elf is better in such situations, though he does take note of Aldan's subtle nod for him to accompany the constable and his men as they verify the group's claims.

The ranger returns the gesture back to Aldan and does as he was quietly asked to do, keeping enough space between himself and the others as to not make them feel crowed by his presence. After the constable and his deputies return to the gathering Zasio stands by Tyragorn, silently showing his support of the paladin.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Zakarias keeps his voice low, "These days? I trust my family, Travers, and very little else."

"This town used to come together in the face of adversity, but now it scatters apart. People I knew and respected are acting erratic and strange, and I don't know if it's just this foul cloud of distrust that has infected our town."

He looks at Aldan for a moment before his eyes travel to Tyragorn, then nods.

"Come back to my place around dinner time, this isn't the place for these conversations," He murmurs then nods for Travers to come over and join him.

Travers slowly wanders over, giving Aldan a suspicious look.

Zasio

From your vantage point you get to see as Grover walks in, stops dead at the sight of the goblins. The constable stomps over, lifting one of the goblins from the floor then casts it aside. He repeats the process, his face turning redder by the moment, and his face locked in a furious expression.
One of his companions waves him over to the stairs, and points out the Lizardman corpses.

From there Grover starts a quiet, if intense, conversation with his companions, gesticulating wildly to the corpses and the surrounding areas. His companions have a look on their face that says they'd likely rather be anywhere else but just stand there nodding.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

[What time of day is it?]

"What of these visiting elves? They came here a week ago and you granted them permission to stay in the house closest to your own. You must've had a reason. Was that to keep an eye on them?" Aldan finally asks a question that had been needling him this whole time. He'd been planning to ask the elves how this arrangement came about but if they were going the direct route he might as well be more blunt with it.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"I would like to visit the temple before dark. They deserve to know what happened to their fellows."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Zakarias gives Aldan a flat look, glances towards where the locals are gathering nearby and ignores the question, turning his attention to Tyragorn, raising his voice to a normal speaking level, "I should think that would be a great kindness to them, but I'm afraid it's a bad time to be doing that."

"They tend to lock the gates early these days, and guard the grounds with dogs," He shakes his head, "It would be better to come have dinner-" Zakarias shoots Aldan a quick glance, "with my family. And tomorrow when the sun is high to let them know. They're certain to be more welcoming of guests at that time."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan hadn't realized it was that close to dinner time. His voice was similarly pitched to carry. "You do us a great honor, Mayor. I and my entourage would graciously accept the offer of dining with you and yours."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"We should dispose of those bodies before dark. I wouldn't like to see what they attract at night." Tyragorn looked to Georgia. "Do you have any magic that might dig a hole to put them in?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"Oh, certainly we can leave that to the Sheriff and his men. Wouldn't want to cut them entirely out of this process, would we, Tyragorn? We've been invited to dinner with the Mayor and it'd be rude to delay that." Aldan says with saccharin sweetness.

"Or do you really think Grover is incapable or untrustworthy with that task?" That last was in more serious tones as Aldan's paranoia shows itself. Had the Paladin sussed out some vein of Necromancy from the sheriff that Aldan missed?
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"No." Tyragorn shrugged. "I just don't normally ask someone to do something I can do myself." He looked at the mayor. "What do you suggest? Should we leave it to the townsfolk?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"Yes." he says, not wanting to deal with smelly goblin corpses.
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.