IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
stavaros_the_arcane

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

GEORGIA FIDDLER.
Arkrite wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:06 am
"The children are getting a little stir crazy, and you're the first visitor we've had in a week," She admits, "But perhaps things are looking up."

She turns to look at Georgia.

"Those instruments... you're a bard?" She asks hopefully.
"Sure as sunrise, I am. Music runs deep in my family. Georgia Fiddler, at your service. If its got strings I can make it sing." She gives a little bow. "And if your looking for someone to provide some entertainment for you and your restless young-uns I'd be happy to avail you of my services."
Arkrite

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Arkrite »

"Oh that would be delightful, but if word got out I was keeping a bard all to myself, I'm afraid nobody would ever forgive me," She says with a little laugh, "But it would be so nice if you could play at one of the Inns. Maybe we could get the people to meet up again instead of..."

She looks sad, "Well, it would be nice to see everybody happy again."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"If she were to play, which Inn would you recommend for this?" Aldan asks.
"Something pithy this way comes."
stavaros_the_arcane

GEORGIA FIDDLER
Arkrite wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:58 am "Oh that would be delightful, but if word got out I was keeping a bard all to myself, I'm afraid nobody would ever forgive me," She says with a little laugh, "But it would be so nice if you could play at one of the Inns. Maybe we could get the people to meet up again instead of..."

She looks sad, "Well, it would be nice to see everybody happy again."
Georgia gives a nod "It certainly would, most of the folks we've met on our way into town have seemed distraught or on edge in one way or another. Something to lift folks' spirits a bit looks as needed around here as rain after a drought. I'd be more than happy to put on a show or two while I'm in town, don't you doubt."
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:45 am "If she were to play, which Inn would you recommend for this?" Aldan asks.
"A good venue never hurts a performance that's for sure. Especially if you want to draw a crowd." Georgia said.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:12 pm Georgia gives a nod "It certainly would, most of the folks we've met on our way into town have seemed distraught or on edge in one way or another. Something to lift folks' spirits a bit looks as needed around here as rain after a drought. I'd be more than happy to put on a show or two while I'm in town, don't you doubt."
"I understand all too well. Things used to be so different around here, but now everybody's so scared, nobody even talks to one another anymore."
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:12 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:45 am "If she were to play, which Inn would you recommend for this?" Aldan asks.
"A good venue never hurts a performance that's for sure. Especially if you want to draw a crowd." Georgia said.

"Well, I would go to the Boozy Badger, were it me. Ollwin and Belba are lovely people," She covers her mouth to cover a laugh, "But watch out if Ollwin offers you a glass of wine on the house."

She sighs wistfully, "It's so very good, but it's so very expensive."
stavaros_the_arcane

Arkrite wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:58 am "I understand all too well. Things used to be so different around here, but now everybody's so scared, nobody even talks to one another anymore."
Georgia made a subtle prod for information. "How long have things been like this? We've heard some unpleasant rumors on the road but you know how rumors can get, fifty different stories from twenty different people, each more elaborate and exaggerated than the last. With everyone going on about how everyone else has got it all wrong."

Arkrite wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:58 am "Well, I would go to the Boozy Badger, were it me. Ollwin and Belba are lovely people," She covers her mouth to cover a laugh, "But watch out if Ollwin offers you a glass of wine on the house."

She sighs wistfully, "It's so very good, but it's so very expensive."
"Beware the Boozy Badger's bottles offered at Ollwin's outrageous overcharge." Georgia said with a joking smile. "I will remember that."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:50 am "Beware the Boozy Badger's bottles offered at Ollwin's outrageous overcharge." Georgia said with a joking smile. "I will remember that."
"I wish it was that easy, the problem is that it's really that good," She laughs, "I have no idea what his secret is, but his wine is better than anything I've ever tried before."

She sighs, "It's very much a once in a while treat, though these days Ollwin has been having issues selling bottles. Without the merchants coming through it's getting harder for any of us to do any business."

stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:50 am Georgia made a subtle prod for information. "How long have things been like this? We've heard some unpleasant rumors on the road but you know how rumors can get, fifty different stories from twenty different people, each more elaborate and exaggerated than the last. With everyone going on about how everyone else has got it all wrong."
"I don't know. It seems like last year everything was great, then people started leaving without telling anybody, then stories started about people sneaking around at night, and it all just got worse and worse. After a while entire families disappeared, everybody's walking around looking as though they're expecting a ghost to jump out at them," Her face falls and she moves over to the fire to retrieve the kettle, "Even my husband's concerned, he called in-"

There's the sound of a door opening and a large burly middle-aged man comes barging in. He's well dressed, though his clothes appear to be lightly covered in wood shavings, "Dear, what's this I hear about a tallyman?"

He pauses and looks around at the people at the table in surprise before looking back to his wife.

"Ah, honey," Her face lights up as he enters the room, "Would you like some tea?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

The elf kept the look of suspicion off his face but warning bells went off in his head when the Lady of the House started talking about an almost supernatural goodness to the wine. But if it were truly an enchantment then why could she restrain her consumption to ‘occasional treats’. This bore further investigation. Maybe his fae blood would protect him from any enchantment from the brew.

“Sir, I am Aldan Talleymin.” Aldan introduces. I am evaluating Orlane for an outpost and waystation for the illustrious Golden Road Trading Company. It would mean more imports and export opportunities, jobs, business, worshippers for the local dieties... I’d want a closer look at the empty building formerly the Foaming Mug and to talk about recent troubles, of course.”

“Could I and my team get your ‘go ahead’ to conduct our evaluation around town?” Aldan asks.

//in port on my phone so if you need any rolls please make them on my behalf.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 13

"No tea, thanks." Tyragorn declined politely. "I don't want to trouble you. We'd rather be out of your hair and on our way."

"I'm sorry for being pushy but I feel our time is short."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)

The woman seemed to be honestly bothered by the situation her town was facing, and Zasio couldn't honestly blame her. He suspected he'd feel the same if he was in her place. When her husband joined them he didn't seemed overly bothered by the presence of the group in his home, so either he was a very good liar or he had nothing to hide.

Zasio wasn't entirely sure the offer of tea was for them or not, it seemed more directed towards his wife in the half-elf's opinion. However, just to be safe he silently shook his head to decline the offer.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Uh no, that's quite alrigh-"

"Oh come now," The woman chides, as she starts pour tea for everybody in spite of any attempts to dissuade her, "It's really quite good."

The man sighs, then shakes his head, "Sorry about that. I'm Zakarias Ormond, and I see you've met my wife Karia."
Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:15 pm "It would mean more imports and export opportunities, jobs, business, worshippers for the local dieties..."
Zakarias nods politely.
Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:15 pm "I’d want a closer look at the empty building formerly the Foaming Mug and to talk about recent troubles, of course.”
"The Foaming Mug?" Zakarias asks curiously, "Whatever for?"
Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:15 pm “Could I and my team get your ‘go ahead’ to conduct our evaluation around town?” Aldan asks.
"Oh the town is quite open to travelers, but I'd suggest being polite and mindful of other people's properties. People have been quite temperamental recently."
Shock wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:56 pm "I'm sorry for being pushy but I feel our time is short."
Karia, still not paying any mind to people saying no, gives Tyragorn a sympathetic look, "Ah, I understand. I've heard the Golden Road can be a nasty company to work for."

Zakarias winces as his wife insults the Golden Road representatives.
OOC: Sense Motive and notice checks would not be amiss here.
stavaros_the_arcane

Georgia Fiddler

Arkrite wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:43 am "Uh no, that's quite alrigh-"

"Oh come now," The woman chides, as she starts pour tea for everybody in spite of any attempts to dissuade her, "It's really quite good."

The man sighs, then shakes his head, "Sorry about that. I'm Zakarias Ormond, and I see you've met my wife Karia."
Georgia makes no attempt to let the tea cool before taking a drink. Little quirk of her Tiefling nature, she and her family tended to prefer things a little hotter.

"Thank you very much Karia. This is lovely."
Arkrite wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:43 am "Oh the town is quite open to travelers, but I'd suggest being polite and mindful of other people's properties. People have been quite temperamental recently."
Georgia nods. "Oh yes, we had a bit of a run in with the local Blacksmith. Poor man didn't seem to be in his right mind. I'm afraid your local constable had to take him into custody."
Arkrite wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:43 am
Shock wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:56 pm "I'm sorry for being pushy but I feel our time is short."
Karia, still not paying any mind to people saying no, gives Tyragorn a sympathetic look, "Ah, I understand. I've heard the Golden Road can be a nasty company to work for."

Zakarias winces as his wife insults the Golden Road representatives.
OOC: Sense Motive and notice checks would not be amiss here.
Georgia chuckles at Karia's comment before stage whispering, and gesturing towards Aldan. "The higher ups are all like him, except the higher you go the more stuffy and tightly wound they get."

While she's coming off very jovial, she's studying their hosts reactions to various comments.

Perception 1d20+2: 22
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 13

Tyragorn wondered what she meant by the comment about the Company but decided now wasn't the time to pursue the matter.
Insight check: 1d20+4 16
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Arkrite wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:43 am "The Foaming Mug?" Zakarias asks curiously, "Whatever for?"
"As we want to establish an outpost, the remnants of the Foaming Mug might serve as a good base of operations for Trade Caravans to pull into and out of. Especially with Blacksmith facilities nearby, assuming the blacksmith... situation could be sorted out of course." Aldan also figured that if Townspeople were going missing they had to be somewhere. The Foaming Mug seemed to be the biggest abandoned place around.

"Tell me, does the town consist primarily of Humans or are the other races represented - Dwarves, Elves, Half-orcs, or any of the Small Folk?"
Perception then insight: 2#1d20+4 18 24
Perception of 18
Insight of 24
Aldan ignores the comment about the Trading Company. Loudly.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:39 am Georgia nods. "Oh yes, we had a bit of a run in with the local Blacksmith. Poor man didn't seem to be in his right mind. I'm afraid your local constable had to take him into custody."
"Oh, poor Aelric," Karia says with a sigh.

"Poor Grover, I should think," Zakarias notes sadly, "Hopefully they didn't hurt each other too badly."
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:39 am Georgia chuckles at Karia's comment before stage whispering, and gesturing towards Aldan. "The higher ups are all like him, except the higher you go the more stuffy and tightly wound they get."
Karia covers her mouth to hide the smile and giggle that burst out.

Zakarias simply winces again.
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:28 pm "As we want to establish an outpost, the remnants of the Foaming Mug might serve as a good base of operations for Trade Caravans to pull into and out of. Especially with Blacksmith facilities nearby, assuming the blacksmith... situation could be sorted out of course." Aldan also figured that if Townspeople were going missing they had to be somewhere. The Foaming Mug seemed to be the biggest abandoned place around.
"So you want to build a new tavern?" Zakarias says rubbing his chin, "Well, I don't have any issues with you looking, but try not to break anything. To be honest the owners have gone and the building is abandoned, but we're prefer to keep the doors and windows barred. We're trying to avoid having anything move in. Just try not to do any damage if you can avoid it and hammer the boards back in place when you're done and I don't see any problems with you looking."

"If Grover complains let me know, tell him to come talk to me," He pauses, "Try not to think too poorly of Grover, he's an abrasive man, but he is good at his job."
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:28 pm "Tell me, does the town consist primarily of Humans or are the other races represented - Dwarves, Elves, Half-orcs, or any of the Small Folk?"
"Honestly it's almost all humans here," He says, "Not to say that the locals have issues with non-humans, there just aren't any to be found in town."

"Oh, what about the elves?" Karia asks.

"I hardly think that travelers count, dear," Zakarias chides.