FORCE OPs (OOC) - Done

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: FORCE OPs (OOC)

Post by catsi563 »

Want to wish everyone a Happy and safe Thanksgiving best wishes to you all.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Hope everyone's turkey is well cooked, that the stuffing (if you care for such things) is made the way you like, that your adult beverage of choice (if you care for such things) is cold, and that your favored sports team (if you care for such things) wins.

In short, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Happy Thanksgiving all. In my opinion, the greatest of all holidays with the three F's of Family, Food and Football. I hope you all enjoy in your own way, even if that might be about a month in the past ;}
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Allow me to join in and add my wishes for everyone to have a Happy (and Safe) Thanksgiving!
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight (Ryan Daniels) - PL 10
Strength 1, Stamina 3, Agility 5, Dexterity 5, Fighting 5, Intellect 2, Awareness 3, Presence 3

Advantages
Connected, Contacts, Hide in Plain Sight, Luck 4, Skill Mastery: Stealth

Skills
Acrobatics 3 (+8), Athletics 3 (+4), Deception 6 (+9), Expertise: Criminal 6 (+8), Expertise: Streetwise 3 (+5), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 3 (+6), Investigation 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 6 (+9), Ranged Combat: Adjustment 2 (+7), Ranged Combat: Shadow Array 4 (+9), Stealth 12 (+17)

Powers
Darksight: Senses 2 (Darkvision)
Gloom: Environment 2 (Visibility (-5), Radius: 60 feet)
One with Shadows: Immunity 5 (Darkness Effects)

Shadow Array
. . Shadow Bind: Cumulative Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Will; Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra Condition, Limited Degree)
. . Shadow Blast: Damage 11 (DC 26; Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Homing 2: 2 extra attempts, Increased Range: ranged, Incurable, Precise, Ricochet 2: 2 bounces)
. . Shadow Form (Activation: Free Action)
. . . . Concealment: Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses; Limited: Darkness and Shadow)
. . . . Flight: Flight 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
. . . . Immunity: Immunity 2 (Suffocation (All))
. . . . Insubstantial: Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal)
. . Shadow Scry: Remote Sensing 15 (Affects: 2 Types, inc. Visual - visual, auditory, Range: 120 miles; Medium: shadows and darkness)
. . Shadow Shroud: Burst Area Concealment Attack 4 (All Visual Senses, DC 14; Burst Area 3: 120 feet radius sphere, DC 14, Attack: Dodge, Increased Range 2: perception, Precise)
. . Shadow Tendrils: Move Object 8 (6 tons, DC 23; Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Damaging, Precise, Split 3: 4 targets)
. . Shadow Walk: Teleport 14 (60 miles in a move action, carrying 50 lbs.; Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity; Medium: shadows )
. . Shadow Wave: Shapeable Area Damage 9 (DC 24; Affects Insubstantial 2: full rank, Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 19, Increased Range: ranged)

Shadow Shield
. . Enhanced Trait 5 (Linked; Traits: Dodge +2 (+10), Parry +2 (+10), Advantages: Evasion)
. . Protection 7 (Linked; +7 Toughness; Sustained)

Offense
Initiative +5
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 11)
Shadow Bind: Affliction 10, +9 (DC 20)
Shadow Blast: Damage 11, +9 (DC 26)
Shadow Shroud: Burst Area Concealment Attack 4 (DC Dog 14)
Shadow Tendrils: Move Object 8, +9 (DC 23)
Shadow Wave: Shapeable Area Damage 9 (DC 24)
Throw, +5 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +5 (DC 16)

Defense
Dodge 10/8, Parry 10/8, Fortitude 8, Toughness 10/3, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 54 + Powers 60 + Advantages 8 + Skills 22 + Defenses 18 = 162/163

Complications
Motivation: Thrills: Ryan is in the hero biz because it gives him more thrills and excitement than his old life of crime.
Quirk: Ryan’s control over his powers is iffy and sometimes they choose different targets. Also, sometimes he gets lost in shadow world when he is shadow walking and may spend much longer getting where he is trying to go.
Secret: While not a convicted criminal, Ryan is favored by police for several thefts.
Weakness: Ryan takes additional damage from light based attacks

Background
Ryan was a better than average thief working in Emerald City on the day of the Silver Storm. He was casing an art gallery only to learn a small gang had cased it a few days earlier and were robbing the place at that moment. The Silver Storm erupted, leaving Ryan with shadow based powers. In his frustration over the other thieves robbing his target, his new shadow powers lashed out and took them all out. The visitors and staff of the gallery cheered him on.

Deciding this new abilities could be useful in his life of crime, Ryan decided to visit the gallery vault after hours, but found no thrill in it, especially not compared to the one he got from the cheers from stopping the other thieves. He left the vault's contents alone and tried to figure out what he should do next.

Unknown to him, Maximillian Mars had several items from his personal collection in the vault, with it's own independent security. He used the footage of Ryan's break in to find the young man and offer him an opportunity to leave the dead end path he was on and join his new team.

Last edited by kenseido on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Sorry for the ridiculous delay.
Shock

Post by Shock »

That's a great picture
Shock

Post by Shock »

I lost my dad yesterday morning. He'd been fighting cancer for a couple of years and a had rapid decline over the last couple of months. We had just got him checked into hospice on Tuesday and 36 hours later, that was it.

It's been a tough couple of days but I've got lots of family and friends around to help. I'm OK but don't count on me to be responsive for another few days.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

You have my deepest condolences. Please, take all the time you need.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Sorry for your loss.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Shock wrote:I lost my dad yesterday morning. He'd been fighting cancer for a couple of years and a had rapid decline over the last couple of months. We had just got him checked into hospice on Tuesday and 36 hours later, that was it.

It's been a tough couple of days but I've got lots of family and friends around to help. I'm OK but don't count on me to be responsive for another few days.
First off I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your father, secondly take as long as you need.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

So sorry Shock. If you need a friend let me know be glad to listen anytime.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

I'm very sorry for your loss, Shock. You have my deepest sympathies.
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
Shock

Post by Shock »

Thanks for your thoughts guys. It means a lot to me. The burial is tomorrow and I hope to be back in posting shape not too long after.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I thought the air elementals were the first ones down. Why are we looking for them?