[OOC] To Live ... (Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
CaptainChaos

Re: [OOC] To Live ... (Recruiting 3-4)

Post by CaptainChaos »

Working on 2 different concepts. One is an emotion controller and the other is a battlesuit type with some cybernetic implants as well.
Davies

Post by Davies »

CaptainChaos wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:44 am Working on 2 different concepts.
... interesting choice.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Davies

Post by Davies »

Okay, the deadline for character submissions is in 48 hours from the time of this posting.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Found a picture for Peacekeeper. It might be a little too recognizable, but she's an outwardly-cheerful paramilitary officer with a truckload of psychological issues, so it seems appropriate!

I also changed her Expertise: Military to something a bit more specific.
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

I'm putting together a shapeshifter, planning on 5-6 ranks of variable.

But i got questions about
Davies wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:48 am (perhaps most notably the fact that part of the world was conquered/occupied by WH40K space marines.)

Wait a sec, can you expand of that a little? Because of my many assumptions about future freedom that wasn't one.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Plan b wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:01 pmWait a sec, can you expand of that a little? Because of my many assumptions about future freedom that wasn't one.
In brief, a small army of humanoid alien super-soldiers from a civilization far beyond known space, who operate much like the Imperium of Man, discovered Earth and invaded it, conquering the British isles and ruling them for about a decade -- their rule reluctantly recognized by the international community due to the fact that they assisted in defending Earth from other interstellar threats. They were prevented from conquering the rest of the world by Earth's superhuman population, and eventually expelled in the late 2060s.

It's a big galaxy. The Stellar Imperium and the Grue Unity make up a very small portion of it. (And while I'm not Crinos, I do throw a lot of stuff in the blender.)
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Been working all week at a new job (so steep learning curve). It is my Friday today though, so I should be able to finish up everything tonight and get it posted.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Davies wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:49 am * Don't bother describing how you died or your arrival in the new setting; both of those will be part of the game.
I'm curious. Given where the story goes there are certain complications that are moot: rivals, reputation, relationships, As are Benefit advantages like wealth probably. If those are included in the character can they be changed later?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Welcome to the boards!
"Something pithy this way comes."
Davies

Post by Davies »

jmucchiello wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:21 pm I'm curious. Given where the story goes there are certain complications that are moot: rivals, reputation, relationships, As are Benefit advantages like wealth probably. If those are included in the character can they be changed later?
All complications can be changed, but, while certain Benefit advantages such as Status or Cipher are rendered meaningless, Wealth is not one of them. If I'd seen either on anyone's sheet, I'd have said something.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:27 pm Welcome to the boards!
Thanks. I've been working on finding a new place to play. And I'm a roninarmy refugee at the moment. :)

On topic. I should have something to post by tomorrow. Time limits? No pressure. :)
Davies

Post by Davies »

jmucchiello wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:52 amOn topic. I should have something to post by tomorrow. Time limits? No pressure. :)
Looking forward.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

After working on a couple of different concepts and coming up significantly over on points, I went in a different direction. A reporter with cybernetic implants for enhanced vision and mental abilities. The build is nearly complete then I need to flesh out the background. I should have it posted later tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Okay, here is my submission. Please let me know if the background needs tweaking to better fit the game world.

Thanks.

PSI Lass aka Melina Anwar - PL 10
Height: 5’ 7”, Eyes: Brown, Hair: Brunette, Age: 32

Abilities:
Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 1, Dexterity 2, Fighting 0, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages:
Eidetic Memory, Equipment 2, Evasion, Jack-of-all-trades, Languages 1, Well-informed

Skills:
Expertise: Reporter 6 (+8), Insight 8 (+10), Investigation 8 (+10), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 8 (+10), Technology 4 (+6)

Powers:
Cybernetic Eyes: Senses 5 (Extended: Normal Vision 2: x100, Infravision, Low-light Vision, Microscopic Vision 1: dust-size)
Do as I say: Cumulative Burst Area Affliction 10 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 20, Cumulative, Selective)
AE: Far seeing and hearing: Remote Sensing 5 (Alternate; Affects: 2 Types, inc. Visual, Range: 900 feet)
AE: Illusion: Illusion 8 (Alternate; Affects: All Sense Types, Area: 250 cft., DC 18)
AE: Mind Reading: Mind Reading 10 (Alternate; DC 20; Limited to Surface Thoughts)
AE: Strong Mind: Damage 10 (Alternate; DC 25; Alternate Resistance: Will, Increased Range 2: perception)
Force Field: Protection 8 (+8 Toughness; Impervious, Sustained)

Equipment:
Cell Phone (Smartphone), Commlink, Knife, Multi-tool, Pepper Spray, Video Camera

Offense:
Initiative +1
Do as I say: Cumulative Burst Area Affliction 10 (DC Will 20)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
Knife, +0 (DC 16)
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 10 (DC Will 20)
Pepper Spray, +0 (DC Dog/Fort 14)
Strong Mind: Damage 10 (DC Will 25)
Throw, +2 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Complications:
Addiction: A side effect of the cybernetic implants in her head and spine is intense pain. To counteract this, she requires a weekly dosage of a specially developed serum made by Grant Conglomerates. She receives this serum for free provided she performs an occasional mission for them. So far the missions are only intelligence gathering and do not involve killing anyone.

Motivation: Responsibility: Melina's employer New Horizons paid for the spinal implant that allowed her to walk again. Melina is very grateful for this and owes a great deal to her employer.

Responsibility: As a reporter for New Horizon Media, Melina is expected to cover a story at a moment’s notice.

Secret: New Horizons is only aware of the spinal implant. They do not know about the visual and mental implants. Melina has kept that information secret from them.

Languages:
English, Spanish

Defense:
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 8, Toughness 10, Will 12

Power Points:
Abilities 22 + Powers 65 + Advantages 7 + Skills 21 (42 ranks) + Defenses 35 = 150

Background:

Melina is a reporter for the New Horizons Media conglomerate. She started as an intern during college and was hired full time after graduation. Melina quickly proved herself as a dedicated investigative reporter. New Horizons was initially hesitant to run some of her stories on air. Melina’s popularity with the public changed all that. Her ratings were excellent, which is all the company cared about. After a few years, they assigned Melina more dangerous stories. These proved to be very popular and gradually they put her in more and more dangerous situations. During one such assignment, as an imbedded reporter with the military, Melina was seriously injured. Her spine was severely damaged causing her to be paralyzed.

New Horizons made a public showing of paying for her medical expenses. It was good public relations. They arranged for an experimental cybernetic spinal implant to replace Melina’s damaged spine. What New Horizons does not know is that during the surgery, other experimental cybernetic implants were added to Melina’s body. These implants supplemented her brain and replaced her human eyes providing her with superhuman mental abilities and sight.

The implants caused unbearable pain in Melina. Miraculously, Grant Conglomerates had a solution. They had developed a special serum for a special project that might help alleviate the pain. They provided Melina with a trial dose and it worked very well, for a week. After some testing, it was decided the serum needed to be taken once a week. The serum was very expensive. Melina couldn’t possibly afford it. Again, Grant Conglomerates had a solution. Melina would perform occasional espionage work for them in exchange for free doses of the serum. Melina had no choice. She had to accept the deal to be free of the pain.

After weeks of therapy and secret training, Melina was back at work. She found she could secretly use her new mental abilities to improve her reporting and investigating. She rationalized that doing work for Grant Conglomerates was a small price to pay for being able to walk again and being better at her job.

Melina’s outlook on life took an unexpected turn while reporting on a battle between two opposing factions. The two factions were indiscriminate in thier use of military grade weapons, causing untold collateral damage and civilian deaths. Without thinking, Melina unleashed her powers. She was so furious that she ordered the soldiers on both sides to destroy their weapons. The soldiers followed their orders verbatim and blew up their weapons where they were. Melina was horrified to discover she was responsible for massive amounts of death and destruction.

New Horizons was overjoyed at the ratings they received for that footage. Melina was depressed about what she had done. She vowed to never use her powers in anger again and to use them to help people. She created the identity of PSI Lass and set out to help the citizens and to fight against tyranny and injustice. Grant Conglomerates easily deduced that Melina was the new hero PSI Lass. They sent her a warning. She would be allowed to play hero as long as she didn’t interfere with any of their operations and continued to provide intel to them. Failure to abide by these rules would result in no more serum and the revealing to the world the identity of PSI Lass.

It was an uneasy alliance and Melina agreed to abide by the contract, for now.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Query: Her Remote Sensing and Mind Reading alternate effects use only 15 and 10 points of her 40 point array. Why?