[OOC] To Live ... (Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Davies

Re: [OOC] To Live Will Be An Awfully Big Adventure (Recruiting 3-4)

Post by Davies »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:36 amI'm not sure who the Authority would be in this time. Shadow? The Labyrinth? AEGIS? Somebody who provides order if not justice.
During the 2060s era, there were quite a few tyrannies in operation on Earth-Prime, including both the first two you mentioned and several others (perhaps most notably the fact that part of the world was conquered/occupied by WH40K space marines.) Great character, and I take it you're watching The Price of Smiles. ;)
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Labrynth was the name of a Shadowy organization in an excellent web novel, Worm. Is that where you got that name or coincidence?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Davies

Post by Davies »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:02 am The Labrynth was the name of a Shadowy organization in an excellent web novel, Worm. Is that where you got that name or coincidence?
Nnno, an organization by that name, led by the original minotaur of Greek mythology, has been part of Freedom City's history since the first edition. (I keep hearing good things about Worm, but for whatever reason have yet to sit down and read it.)
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Davies wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:48 am
RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:36 amI'm not sure who the Authority would be in this time. Shadow? The Labyrinth? AEGIS? Somebody who provides order if not justice.
During the 2060s era, there were quite a few tyrannies in operation on Earth-Prime, including both the first two you mentioned and several others (perhaps most notably the fact that part of the world was conquered/occupied by WH40K space marines.) Great character, and I take it you're watching The Price of Smiles. ;)
Actually, I was thinking a bit of the video game We Happy Few. Although it does seem to be a similar theme...
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

I'm working on Morningstar, solar powered symbol of the Resistance. Mechanically I'm looking at a flying blaster type.

Music for inspiration:
Keep Quiet by the Protomen
Light Up the Night by the Protomen
Dream Again by Miracle of Sound
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:23 am
Davies wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:13 am Pratfall is an interesting character, but his background is a little off for this campaign -- the Silver Storm was roughly half a century in the past. If you wanted to establish that there was a second Silver Storm (or many of them!), that would be okay, but I'd need to know more about it than just "it happened".
Ah. I forgot I had that in there from the last time I built him. Originally, his powers were demonic in nature (I'd recently watched Clown). I've previously built him with Magic as his descriptor, although I could also see a Divine descriptor if he were empowered by a being in such a pantheon. Using Magic would probably be the best bet. I could readily enough write an origin story for him that way, having lucked into magic facepaint/costume, and bringing back the prior setup that he quickly found that it didn't come off the next day, or any days after that, making things a bit strained with his wife and kid.
I've updated Pratfall's background to reflect his power source being divine magic. Anyone's bet as to whether that's still where it comes from given whatever nature of a world we're in.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I am working on an idea based on the Goblin from Spiderman 2099. I haven't decided if it will have the same powers or what the origin of them is.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Name: Senso, the Shambala Master Height 1.7
Ethnicity: 0 Weight 70 kg
Hair: bald Feature
Eyes: black Age: unknown

Senso was the head of the monastery in the high peaks of the Shambala land. Ages ago he had ascended to enlightenment at the age of 90, unlocking the secrets of his body, as well as those of others. From that day on he did not age a single day, his body was already as strong as steel, and so it remained, unchanged by the decades. He remained secluded in the monastery, teaching generations of monks, hoping to ease the troubles of the world by sending his pupils out to help. The world however changed outside the secluded peaks of the monastery, and the Shambala found themselves ill prepared for the new challanges. With time it became evident that chaos and conflict would not cease. It dawned on Senso that he himself needed to cut chaos at its root and restore balance to world, that he was the one that needed to go outside and see the world as it was now.
He found himself in a strange world, a world plagued with imbalances and chaos. The order and balance needed to be restored. Like a beacon of hope and light, but also a harbinger of despair and darkness, Senso the Master of Shambala, the chosen of Buddha, advanced through the world, balancing the waves of light and darkness with swift controlled movements. Sometimes it was a blow of his deceptively thin fist, that destroyed an invading army of robots, sometimes it was heavenly light that saved a mortally wounded ruler, or a vision so perfect of the land beyond that made men drop their weapons and return to their homes, abandoning all will to fight. But with such an insurmountable quest ahead, would the head of the Temple be ever able to bring balance to this world?

Complications
Pacifist : Despite being able to harm others in various ways, he firstly resorts to non aggressive measures, such as the Visions of the Land of Ethernal Bliss.
Enlightened : He might sound lofty and over the top with his preaching of enlightenment, or people's lack of it.
Motivation: Change the world : His mission is to correct what is wrong in the world, at least in his worldview
Life is precious : He will go to great leangths to not take a life, or stop others from doing it, even when in the great scheme of things it would be detrimental to itself

Abilities ( 80 pp)
Strength 10 , Stamina 10 , Agility 5 , Dexterity 0 , Fighting 10 , Intellect 0 , Awareness 5 , Presence 0 .

Powers ( 31 pp)
- Fist of Buddha ( Strength effect : Penetrating 10, Subtle 1 ) · 11 point/s
- Palm of Buddha ( AP: Strength effect : Affects insubstantials, Alternate resistance Will, Secondary effect ) · 1 point/s
- The Treasures of Heaven ( Nullify 10 : Senses. Subtle, Variable descriptor 2, Reduced Range, Effortless ) · 1 point/s
- Visions of the Land of Eternal Bliss ( Affliction 10 : Dazed, Stuned, Paralyzed. Will. Perception (Sight) Area ) · 1 point/s
- The wheel of Dharma ( AP: Healing : Temporary, Stabilize ) · 1 point/s

- Enlightened vision ( Senses : Counters all concealment (visual), Counters illusions (visual), Darvision, Awareness (visual), Improved aim. Quirk (can’t hear) ) · 10 point/s
- Gifted hearing (AP Senses : Accurate (hearing), Danger sense (hearing), Ultrahearing, Acute (hearing), Analtical (hearing), Uncanny dodge. Quirk (eyes must be closed) ) · 1 point/s

- Quick of motion ( Speed 3) · 3 point/s
- Levitation ( AP: Flight 1 : Affect others ) · 1 point/s

- Transcend the flesh ( Immunity: Aging) · 1 point/s

Advantages ( 19 pp)
All out attack 1 , Evasion 2 , Fast grab 1 , Fearless 1 , Imp. Critical 1 , Imp. Grab 1 , Imp. Hold 1 , Imp. Trip 1 , Power attack 1 , Prone Fighting 1 , Trance 1 , Luck 5 , Improved initiative 1 , Interpose 1.

Skills ( 10 pp)

Acrobatics 6 (+ 11 ), Deception 0 (+ 0 ), Athletics 2 (+ 12 ), Expertise 0 (+ 0 ), Insight 6 (+ 11 ), Treatment 0 (+ 0 ), Persuasion 0 (+ 0 ), Technology 0 (+ 0 ), Vehicles 0 (+ 5 ), Sleight of Hand 0 (+ 0 ), Perception 6 (+ 11 ), Intimidation 0 (+ 0 ), Investigation 0 (+ 0 ), Stealth 0 (+ 5 ).

Offence
Initiative: 9
Fist of Buddha + 10 Attack for DC: 25 Range: Melee
Palm of Buddha + 10 Attack for DC: 25 Range: Melee
The Treasures of Heaven + 10 Attack for DC: 20 Range: Melee
Visions of the Land of Eternal Bliss + Area attack Attack for DC: 20 Range: Perception area

Defence ( 10 pp)
Parry: Rank ( 0 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
Dodge: Rank ( 0 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
Toughness: 0 Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
Fortitude: Rank ( 5 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
Will: Rank ( 5 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Davies

Post by Davies »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:35 pmI've updated Pratfall's background to reflect his power source being divine magic. Anyone's bet as to whether that's still where it comes from given whatever nature of a world we're in.
Good job!
Camus wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:07 pm Name: Senso, the Shambala Master
Interesting!
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I'm working on a tactile telepath. I just have limited time in which to work on it, but I should be able to get it up by Monday for sure .
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Went back and edited Peacekeeper after realizing I drastically overspent on her defenses somehow. She can Taunt now, and she can throw things, so she'll be a little more useful when nothing is in punching range. Still looking for a picture for her, though.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Current submissions: Unfinished (or Unstarted) concepts:
  • McGuffin - Morningstar - Solar-powered Flying Blaster
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Did some minor cleaning up on Pratfall, but nothing really mechanically different. He definitely doesn't feel like he comes from the same gritty cyberpunk setting as the rest, but then again, that could be half the fun, a dash of color amid the muted greys and browns, flat patterns against the fuzzy neon.

By the by, do you have any problem with him using his mimed objects (Create) with his Improvised Weapon skill? Normally, created objects fall under that, but I wanted to be certain of your interpretation.
Davies

Post by Davies »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:39 pmBy the by, do you have any problem with him using his mimed objects (Create) with his Improvised Weapon skill? Normally, created objects fall under that, but I wanted to be certain of your interpretation.
That does seem like the way to go.
Davies

Re: [OOC] To Live ... (Recruiting 3-4)

Post by Davies »

I decided to shorten the campaign title a bit.