[OOC] To Live ... (Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: [OOC] To Live ... (Recruitment Closed)

Post by jmucchiello »

How much time has passed since wake up day? How widely publicized was the "exorcism"? And how much time is there until the "exorcism"?

How hard is it to find out how who owns the house? What does the house look like (modern, 23rd century 21st century, 19th century, etc?) from above (if Jaina flies over it)? What surrounds it (other houses, woods, a park, etc)?

To Victoria: Would she want to see a haunted house and invite Jaina along or does Jaina have to convince Victoria to go see the house?
Davies

Post by Davies »

Answering relevant questions ONLY.
jmucchiello wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:36 am How much time has passed since wake up day?
One week.
jmucchiello wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:36 amAnd how much time is there until the "exorcism"?
It's supposed to happen on the evening of the current day.
jmucchiello wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 12:36 amHow hard is it to find out how who owns the house?

DC 10 Intellect check.
What does the house look like (modern, 23rd century 21st century, 19th century, etc?) from above (if Jaina flies over it)? What surrounds it (other houses, woods, a park, etc)?
It resembles pictures you've seen of 19th century buildings, surrounded by a fairly young-looking forest.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Davies

Post by Davies »

@jmucchiello: Is that really the post you want to make? A single line of dialogue with no establishing context?
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I can't think of any reason Jaina would give a damned about a haunted house. She was a scientist. Ghosts and science don't mesh. So tagging along with Vee is all I've got.

Since it is only one week from wake up day, she really hasn't had enough time to study the flight laws. That and the house being on the edge of the lower city means there's little chance she's been anywhere near the house before. Heck, she's probably studying the university trying to figure out what she wants to do when she sees the registrar a couple days from now (based on our IMs from a few months ago). Because she's the type who would study for a personality test.

Finally, the context is vague because I don't want to dictate where Vee is when Jaina is talking to her. I asked in this thread if she wanted to link our stories. She didn't apparently. So Jaina is just tagging along.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

TBF, in a superhero world, ghosts and science sort of have to mesh. Same with space aliens and science, and vampires and science, and all kinds of weird things.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

That doesn't mean she has care about them. Remember she doesn't live in "a superhero world". She lives in THE world. Her world. The only world she has ever known. Even if it is the future.
Davies

Post by Davies »

@jmucchiello: You're out of the game.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Some visual references:

Emil (on the left) and Diego:

Darla:

Yukika:

Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

LOL, love it!
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Just noticed the name I came up with for Vee's tutor didn't come up. I kinda attached her to the group Genevieve was going with for convenience sake as to why they were going together rather than separately.
Davies

Post by Davies »

EpicEclipse wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 3:10 pm Just noticed the name I came up with for Vee's tutor didn't come up. I kinda attached her to the group Genevieve was going with for convenience sake as to why they were going together rather than separately.
Missed that, sorry. And the cast of NPCs is already fairly large, and not done yet, so ...
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

My fault, really--when I made up names for everyone in the expedition I forgot she was coming with them. I can edit her in if it'd be the easiest way to fix it.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Yeah, swapping a name would probably be easiest. I was just trying to coattails on your school group by having one of them be Vee's tutor. :P

Also, regarding the jmucchiello thing, I didn't see him ask in this thread about tagging along with Vee, and I didn't get a chance to really pipe up and suggest he repost assuming Vee would be fine with it, since Vee has no reason to deny Jaina coming along. Jaina and Genevieve are the two Vee is most comfortable around, and while that's not a high bar right now, Vee IS trying to overcome her mental and emotional blocks.

Just with how work is right at this moment (mid crisis), my posting has been a little on the inconsistent side with timing and even with me missing details.

So I apologize that I didn't see the initial question and gave any impression that I didn't want Jaina to tag along with Vee.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

We can change Allison to Liza, then, if the GM's okay with it. The names aren't even that different.