[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

Post by Sakuro »

Your group has already been heading away from the perimeter. You don't have much of a detour option at this point, either you go forward, backtrack, or move the the surface within the police perimeter.

I'm going to give Glyph until tomorrow afternoon to get a post in. Then I'll progress the narrative if she posted for Carman alerting the rest of what she has seen.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Is there a way to pass the manhole they entered the sewers from and get to another where the oldman can be lifted out(assuming the others go along with Diego).
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Sorry for the delay. Been playing nurse for my family last few weeks, think I’ve got what they have now.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

MrDent wrote:Is there a way to pass the manhole they entered the sewers from and get to another where the old man can be lifted out
You entered from the sewers from the hospital. Via the tunnel Peter created between the morgue and the sewers. You haven't gone far enough into the sewers for diverging branches to form yet. If I said otherwise in a previous post, I apologize.

You have three options: 1.) Go back the way you came and reenter the hospital. 2.) Go up through a manhole, and you will be sandwiched between the police and the National Guard. 3.) Go forward and deal with this fleshy lump Carman found.

If Diego is trying to convince Renly and Carman to get caught by the police while lugging an old man up to the surface, that an option. But Peter, Iona, and Diego would still have the same basic three options.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Oh ok I thought we entered closer to the van and trekked through the sewers to the hospital. My bad.

As for the lump, I haven't factored it in yet officially since Diego doesn't know about it. Ooc, I have a draft idea in my head concerning it.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I think we're talking from different directions.

Initially, at the start of the mission, you entered the sewers closer to the van. Now, heading back at the tail end the mission, you entered the sewers from a tunnel Peter created between the sewers and the hospital morgue.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yep, I meant a manhole past where we entered near the van so Renly doesn't see our method of transportation
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You can arrange for that, yes. Presently you aren't far enough along for it to be relevant. Think of this as a vague narrative halfway point to work in a curveball so your smooth exit isn't entirely smooth.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Got it. I had the wrong visual in my head of where we were.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Sorry, I'm feeling a little brain-dead and having trouble coming up with a post.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'm giving Carman a chance to have the spot light good or bad right now.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'm a bit tired, so I'll get a post up tomorrow.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist wrote:If no one does anything before this moment, then she will use an alternate effect of her Magnetic Control Array. It would be better for Peter to do something, because her powers are at a -2 penalty. This means her barrier will be at effect 10 instead of 12. Still, it might be strong enough to work. So, she will use Extra Effort to power stunt off of her Move Object Effect.
Create is capped at PL rank. Iona could only have a rank 10 Create Effect. With her Complication giving it -2 that'd act as Create 8.

Otherwise, you're good. I'll consider this a Ready Action, in the event Peter doesn't put up a barrier.

To clarify, once the pipe burst the tainted corrosive "water" starts rushing at you fast. I'm giving you each a "narrative time" Action before it would otherwise wash over you. The default option I presented is to run away and make an Athletics' check. However, the other PCs can read Iona's body language, for simplicity sake, and tell she's going to hold her ground. Or at least that she isn't going to be full on running.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Is the water rushing from the direction of the hospital basement or the way we are headed? I reckon it's the way we were headed, but want to make sure.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The way you were headed: away from the hospital and vaguely towards your exfiltration point/the van.