[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

Post by mrdent12 »

As best I can gather yes. The emiters are as best Diego can gather are powered separately and whatever bolstering they do seems to be over the air.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Camus hasn't been on since Saturday, hope everything's alright with them.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

He's on holiday until aug 5.

On a other note, I have done three 16 hour days in a row and can't get into Diegos head space for a proper ic post. So, will get a post up tomorrow night.

Given the nature of it and how I feel dirty doing it given the situation from a player stand point, would it be acceptable to use the immune electricity power stunt again? I am thinking of something else that doesn't feel as dirty, but should ask in case I can't think of anything else.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

It effectively costs you a HP each time you do it, and Diego's thing is that he shapeshifts. So I'll allow it. You can only go outside your standard compositions a certain number of times, limited by your HP. But if you come up with a cool and creative way to deal with the problem, I'll actually give you a HP. So there. Encouragement to think outside the box and not rely on Immunity.

Though I will point out … Diego could have just waited. The man said he would hand the Eye over when he was finished with it. Bit late to go down that road, now that Diego was marshalling for an attack.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The waiting makes sense. Honestly, just a bit tired with alot going on now lately so not thinking as clearly as I usually do. Last night was first night I slept more than three hours in a week. Probably should have had Diego talk a bit more and see what he could have got out of the guy possibly with persuasion or some social skill.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

mrdent12 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:13 pm The waiting makes sense. Honestly, just a bit tired with alot going on now lately so not thinking as clearly as I usually do. Last night was first night I slept more than three hours in a week. Probably should have had Diego talk a bit more and see what he could have got out of the guy possibly with persuasion or some social skill.
In fairness, we are on a time limit, particularly with the incoming storm. How long would Maelstrom have still needed it?
Games
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Even if he would have took a few minutes, hindsight being 20/20, Diego should have tried to get more info on his plan plus group. It would have yielded dividends especially in regards to the missile mentioned
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

EnigmaticOne wrote:How long would Maelstrom have still needed it?
You don't know. Diego didn't ask. He did say it wouldn't take long though.
MrDent wrote:Honestly, just a bit tired with alot going on now lately so not thinking as clearly as I usually do.
Not a problem as far as the game goes. I sensed as much from how the post flowed.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Sakuro wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:28 pmYou don't know. Diego didn't ask. He did say it wouldn't take long though.
I get that, just playing devil's advocate is all. Well, good luck with the dice gods, mrdent!
Games
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Eh, he has the card of electricity immunity, regardless of how boring it would be to play. Just one of those things that reinforces reading comprehension and show cases the efects of sleep training a toddler on a parent.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I have a proposal. The Cyber-Neural Link connects all the Ascendants. You could use it to transfer one person's mind to another's body. Effectively body swapping. As an example: Peter and Diego. If both parties are up to it, I'll let you do that at the cost of 1 HP being spend by either Peter or Diego.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Sakuro wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:58 pm I have a proposal. The Cyber-Neural Link connects all the Ascendants. You could use it to transfer one person's mind to another's body. Effectively body swapping. As an example: Peter and Diego. If both parties are up to it, I'll let you do that at the cost of 1 HP being spend by either Peter or Diego.
Interesting idea. This sounds to me like something to do after Maelstrom is beaten, but then that's me. What do you think, Mrdent?
Games
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Works for me assuming nothing goes horribly wrong with tackling the big fist guy. Beats Diego testing if his electricity immunity would let him cut the wires and makes for a better narrative for the group. Peter would probably have to use the HP though as Diego likely won't have any left.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Instead of rushing out a post for Diego after a tiring day, learned my lesson a couple times doing that, I'll get a post up tomorrow. Getting the gem without a fight is interesting, but the missile and what not gives me a bit of pause. Already mucked up a potentially classic bond villain type RP scene.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

If Diego is on the fence, he could ask Peter (and through Peter, Iona) for input. Get another perspective on things perhaps.