[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator [Recruiting 1]

Post by Supernaturalist »

Ok, cool. I'll have to think more about how I want to spend the favors. Let me think about it for a bit.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You don't need to use them right away. You may also want to wait until after the base is set up, as I have some special offers to make that relate to your HQ which will require the use of Favor to take advantage of. I want your characters to settle on a location before I present those options to you though.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Well, I like what we are working with here. What about you guys?
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Speaking strictly OOC wise, I am fine going with majority rules. IC wise, I'll get a post up addressing that.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:45 pm Well, I like what we are working with here. What about you guys?
I agree.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Seems like it's 2 out of 3 in favour of the location, so regardless it has majority.

I need to decide now if I want to use the 1 free point on a security system feature or secret tunnel entrance from some other bit of the city into the base. With the secret tunnel route, would it be acceptable to have the other end at a concealed location like the sewers or abandoned bit of the city that is largely ignored?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

What are you hoping to gain from the Expertise Hadron City check?

Concerning the Secret Entrance/Tunnel Route Feature, yes. You could have the entrance be a concealed location in a largely ignored bit of the city. Just make it reasonable. If you ever seen the comics where Batman has a secret entrance to his base that starts in some off the wall part of Gotham city, that's the sort of thing this is inspired by.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The expertise roll with aide of the maps was meant to get a sense of how the areas around the base would effect its security, transit, and other relevant info a spy and former military guy would take into consideration. If hadron city is the wrong expertise the base roll was 4. So military expertise would be 10 and spy expertise would come out to 17.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I believe Diego already did that. Does this post cover what you are looking for?

EDIT:
For clarification, it feels like Expertise Military is the skill to use for strategic, tactical, or base security assessment.
Last edited by Sakuro on Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yup, lost of that post. I'll go back and edit Diego's post.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Good. Because your roll for that was way better than a 10.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yup, with the 10 I wasn't expecting much of anything. Even possibly incorrect info.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Your characters may still talk things over, debate, and generally plan things out via dialog for the current scene. However, since two of the players are keen to taking the Foundry-Fallout Shelter as your HQ site that is what the characters should settle on.

When we wrap up this scene, I'll ask each of you to do a write up about what your character contributes to developing the HQ. This should reflect the Feature they add to the base, and should involve any sourcing of material or labor needed for the development of that Feature (ex. acquiring metical supplies/equipment and setting it up in the base).

- Diego is thinking about Security, Defenses, or a Secret Entrance tunnel.
- Iona plans to setup an Infirmary
- Peter … I don't recall any mention of his plans.

Peter also discovered the Hidden Compartments Feature, which I will note down.
Foundry-Fallout Shelter wrote: Size: Medium (Large if you count the Foundry in addition to the Fallout Shelter) Toughness: 14
Features: Old Communications (-2 circumstance penalty, but you have com equipment), Concealed 1 (on Fallout Shelter only), Greenhouse (able to cultivate large numbers of plants on site), Hidden Compartment (DC 20 Investigation to find), Living Space, Power System (bio-fuel generator, requires fuel)
I said there would be some uses for Favor during your base development, and here they are:

- 1 Null or Sokolov's Favor may be used to get 5 Equipment Points exclusively for developing the base. This may not include anything super science related.
- 1 Null or Sokolov's Favor may be used to get the Personnel Feature and, in addition, a "department head" Minion NPC for each relevant Feature. The Minion will have at least professional aptitude for their occupation. A security chief, for example, will have Expertise Security at rank 8. Note that the faction of the NPCs will correspond to the source of the Favor. So if Null's Favor is used, these will be people loyal first to Null and his Ascendants.
- 1 Null's Favor may be used to acquire "the Banshee". One of the few remaining stealth aircraft used by Null's Blackguard. You will also get the Hangar Feature and a Minion who may act as a Pilot. The pilot would view Diego and Peter as the highest authorities among the three active PCs.
- 1 Sokolov's Favor may be used to acquire a squad of six Stealth Combat Droids for base defense. These are more formidable than Minions, but are not on par with Heroic NPCs, functioning as a PC without HP. They're specialized for combat and inept in other fields. They're also very obviously robots. There will be protections in place to prevent theft intellectual property, modifications either physically or to their programing (you get to use the robots, not study them for your own benefit). You will also need to equip them yourselves. The Stealth Combat Droids will recognize Iona as the highest authority among the PCs.

If you choose to repair the Foundry, and use the Foundry Workshop Feature, there is a fifth option. For 2 Sokolov's Favor, the doctor will help you improve on the Foundry, such that it may also manufacture robotic workers and combatants. This will allow you the potential to build a literal army (it would use mass combat rules in combat) if you supply it with the materials to do so. You will need to spend Dominion to create such a large number of mechanical servitors, equip them, store them somewhere, and have enough energy to power them. Without spending Dominion you may easily justify stocking your HQ with robotic servitors. All of which may be repaired by the autonomous functions of the Foundry. Effectively giving you Personnel. Like the Stealth Combat Droids above, any robot manufactured would recognize Iona as the highest authority among PCs.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Just as a point of curiosity though, wouldn't getting the foundry up and running again or even adding a hangar with a stealth aircraft(having to take off and all that stuff aircraft do) attract the attention of Stronghold? Even with the stuff in the air blocking most drones and foot patrols, seems like they'd notice something like that. Even if they don't, would personel be required to guard it all from the homeless?

I'm not trying to take IC stuff into the OOC realm, but trying to figure how much detail would need to go into the montage type post of setting up the feature we buy(still not sure how I'll go yet) plus spending the favours.

The Personnel and department head favour option is enticing though. Would free us up to run missions and the like without too much fear of the base being unmanned without someone managing it.

Edit

My assumption is that since it's offered, it's doable without bringing the wrath of Stronghold upon us so long as we don't completely fudge up our posts.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

For the record, I didn't have any particular plans in mind yet. Also, I have the same question mrdent has.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe