[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

Post by mrdent12 »

Yep, that's why I added the last bit to give a hook.

It may be my projecting onto Diego, but the mention of breaking things made me think John's a heavy weapons kind of bloke who don't normally have stealth skills. For IC context, Alex was was a military person, but couldn't stealth for shite to the point of compromising the scouting.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I completely spaced that Diego has expertise Hadron City. Would I be able to edit a roll of it into my last post to see what Diego knows of Autumn Dawn's presence in the city?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Yes you may.
MrDent wrote:Would the base have maps of the city and where various corporations are located since EnigmaticOne is on a break so we can't inquire with Peter?
You have maps of the city. But they aren't especially detailed. They provide geographic information, not strategic or tactical. So you can get the location of the Autumn Dawn building, but no actual information on the building or people that work there without doing some research/leg work or assigning people to do that for you
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I'll be able to post tomorrow evening.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

John wrote: I'll just say that if you need to infiltrate some high security area and stealth is a priority, then I would not recommend taking them at present unless absolutely necessary.
If you bench a teammate, something I do not endorse unless you're playing more than one character and only want to play one at a time, you won't have access to them in any meaningful way on a mission. I am not going do anything to accommodate John or Iona if they remain behind. If you want to take part in the mission, you go into the field with the team. I do not support, "I'm not a field operative. I should stay at the base.", as a playstyle. It is also well established by now that inside of Hadron City if you intend to do any hacking it needs to be done on site due to the cybersecurity put in place by Imperator. Iona also can't science the team out of a problem happening miles away.

You won't have access to Peter until EnigmaticOne get's back. I am not going to NPC him. Iona is present, however. It is up to Supernaturalist whether they are used or not. Also bear in mind, if either John or Iona stay behind, they will not be getting any advancement rewards from a successful mission.

On the subject of advancement rewards, I'm only going to allow the main characters (Diego, Iona, and Peter) to have the option of gaining Dominion. Supporting characters like John may still earn PP. As a reminder, you will need Dominion for the army you plan to recruit.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I've been intentionally including Iona and Peter in Diego's main game plans despite them not being optimal for the field because it's a game. I feel all players should be involved unless the player behind the character opts out. It's one of those things where I break character of Diego for. Also, Sakuro has indicated and I entirely understands why he wants to avoid side quests for a single character.

Even for the meet up with the inside man so to speak I am factoring in bringing Iona along when Diego pitches his plan despite the complications it poses. As I said though, feel free to opt out of Iona coming.
Supernaturalist

OOC I realize that it's not good for the game to have some PCs doing missions while other (more compromising) PCs sit it out, but IC it just seemed like an obvious suggestion, so I put it out there. John does plan on working with Peter and Iona, so that could justify putting future pps into their Stealth skill.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

No worries mate. Diego is going to respond with the ooc player inclusion being baked into the response unless you want Iona to be out of the scene.
Supernaturalist

Well, I'd really like for this mission to succeed. How crucial is Iona to the success of the mission? We'd need some way of assessing just how much her skills would be needed on site. Then, we'd need to balance that against how likely it is for a character who is utterly deficient in Stealth to screw up the mission. At this point, I think the PCs need a "win" no matter how we get it. If that means Iona stays behind and gets no exp, then that's just what it means. But I shall say that I'd hate to leave her behind and then there be some crucial skill of hers that we require on site.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Having a "win" isn't that big of a deal to me so long as all involved are having fun. If Iona is being a bit too naive/risking the mission, you can have her mature quickly. We could use Ionas domain for making the army. She could also be used to short cameras and such.

Edit:

I should clarify that stealth is not a strict requirement. It can all be worked around. Otherwise, all missions would be expert soldiers doing special ops stuff.
Supernaturalist

I was thinking that our characters would have a little more fun if they weren't getting pistol-whipped by Null and Sokolov again for back-to-back failures. :lol:

But I agree....having fun is the most important thing.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Eh, all part of this game. All of the PC's have made their share of mistakes. In a typical game here, they would be swept under the rug. So its not unexpected the mistake come back to haunt our PC's.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona has the potential to be very good in the field even without being stealthy. So far her strengths have been under utilized and her weaknesses emphasized (by both Diego and Iona herself). Her "excessive" empathy and lack of assertiveness (In relation of stepping up to do things she is good at.) are things Dr. Sokolov pointed out to her as what she needed to work on. Not her lack of stealth or special ops training.

As for mission successes, you're about even with Stronghold on "win/lose" ratios. It has been a good back and forth between your groups. You raided their black box site then they raided your base. You broke into their lab and grabbed Dr. Sokolov and his armor then they got the better of you in the St. Luke mission.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

As best Diego knows about Iona right now is that's she's good at disabling tech and electric attacks. Like Peter, unless she says what she can bring to the table Diego has to go off what he knows.

OOC wise I don't like to tell others what to do with their characters directly. Diego might try to suggest things hoping for input, but in general I shy away from having Diego straight up give orders to other PCs. Doesn't mean I don't fall into that sometimes, try to avoid it.
Supernaturalist

I'll b able to get up a post later today. I didn't get home until very late last night.