[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

Post by Sakuro »

John may Aid Diego. However I'd like that to be more than Diego asking for suggestions and then John giving some in the moment. Pull out a map. Discuss the matter. Share intel or past experiences in the area. Something that reflects the two working together over a period of time. I can fill in blanks and provide a wrap up/summation for what your rolls result in.

As a reminder for MrDent, the mission to extract Dr. Sokolov from Stronghold custody took place in Ward 8.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Just a couple of questions:

1) So that John does not use a piece of equipment that he does not have, I just want to make sure that he has some kind of map. Ideally, he has some kind of laminated, folded map that dry-erase markers could be used upon in order to make/demonstrate plans. Can he have some thing like this?

2) I know that John has experience fighting in Hadron City, but I'm not sure exactly which wards he would be allowed to claim as "familiar ground". Would Ward 8 be one of those?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

There is some ops rooms with maps, but not sure what kind Diego was given.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

John may have a laminated map of Hadron City. No one has added any significant details to it. That is to say, it won't confer any bonuses to a roll.

As for familiar ground for John, what kind of place would he have spent his time in during Imperator's reign? He doesn't seem like the scientific or intellectual sort. Which the type of people that occupied Ward 8 were mostly. Aside from the people running stores, restaurant, and so forth. Ward 8 was, and still is, a sort of science nexus.

If there is a type of map you want for the ops room that you want, let me know. Or you can describe it. It should be fine as long as it isn't a super science Device, filled with secrets information, or otherwise would justify conferring a circumstance bonus.
Supernaturalist

Sakuro,

I hate to keep bugging you with questions about the map, so this will be the last one. When I asked about "familiar ground" I was also referring to parts of the city that John visited doing battle against Stronghold. John is a professional, but he is only interested in science to the extent that it has a very direct, practical military purpose. He would almost certainly not hang out in ward 8 during the pre-war period.

-S
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Since being hired by Null, John has been working with Zachary Chen. The vast majority of that time was spent outside of Hadron City attacking Stronghold's logistics and support system. Post-war, John hasn't spent very much time in Hadron City and next to no fighting inside Hadron City. Null has been limiting violent conflict inside the city. The PCs are the loudest and enacted the most extreme measures (blowing up a black box site, then blowing up a lab, bomb scares) Null's people have taken in the past four months.

If you want to flesh out John's experiences and describe some areas he would have frequented pre-War, or types of areas you feel he should be familiar with, go ahead. I don't see how that could hurt. If something sounds off to me I may ask for some justification for it. Give me something basic, and I may be able to build detail onto that for you.
Supernaturalist

As usual I get home late on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I'll have a post up on the morning (probably around 10:00 am EST).
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

No worries mate
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You aren't just looking for area knowledge, you're asking for tactical relevance of that knowledge. Before I put up a response, please make Expertise Military/Soldier checks for Diego and John respectively. Expertise Hadron City gives you local knowledge. Expertise Military/Soldier will filter that knowledge through a tactical and strategic lens. One of you may Aid the other, but state who is making the primary roll before either of you roll.

You may edit your rolls into your most recent post, or make new post if you want to work in additional RPing before I give you the results of all this dice throwing.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Despite Diegos previous encounters is not a military mind, so I'll defer to John for the lead. Diegos expertise is more spy craft, sneaking about(think spies sneaking into East Germany or vis a versa), getting info, etc.

On another note, I won't be getting another IC post up until Sunday night.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

MrDent wrote:Hes looking for a good place to meet Duncan based off earlier insights of secluded or dark spots Duncan may still go to normally. So, something like a parking lot, place to take a smoke break if Duncan smokes, etc.
There are restaurants in the area. Dr. Applegate mentioned speaking with Duncan at a food truck, but these options wouldn't fit the more covert setting Diego is after. Several buildings including the Autumn Dawn branch office, have underground parking garages (apparently a lot of people work there). Of which the Autumn Dawn building would be the prime one Duncan has a reason to be at. That's actually the best dark and secluded area that fits into Duncan's known routine. Bearing in mind, you don't know much about Duncan or his routine.
Supernaturalist

Are you guys having problems viewing the website? It doesn't look normal to me and it's very confusing to navigate.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I did yesterday. That was the last time I visited the site. I think everyone had issues. It is back to normal now.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Ares was doing some upgrades that took longer than anticipated.
Supernaturalist

Ok, I'll be able to post for both John and Iona in the morning before lunch.