[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EnigmaticOne

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator [Recruiting 1]

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Sakuro wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:54 pmA reminder, if Peter wants to edit hospital information for Diego's cover as a new employee he will need to make another Technology check.
I remember. Just waiting to make sure we've settled on the whole list of things to edit in before starting. ...Actually, so is that one Technology check total or per editing?
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

One Technology check per task. By that I mean that inserting information for Diego's cover would be one "task". If you wanted to edit in a cover ID for Iona as well, that would be another task, and a new Technology check would be needed for that in addition to the one for Diego's cover.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

There's alot of details going on now, so I'll give my picture I have in my head. Jacob is in the hospital simply for some x-rays, so he won't be there overnight. Plus, I got the impression the smuggler won't wait until late night. The prisoner area is a no go area unless we want to be really clever about it due to likely increased scrutiny. Peter simply needs to be on sight, not an overnight patient due to his powers plus an emergency when it all goes sideways.

Any further detail I'll have Diego go over ic.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego asked for a lot, so I am fine with he knows what he needs to know being the answer vs something detailed. The intention is mainly for to know the pertinent facts.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

MrDent wrote:Diego asked for a lot, so I am fine with he knows what he needs to know being the answer vs something detailed.
Peter has access to the hospital's information from his hacking attempt. He can get you what you need. When it comes up narratively, then we will address it, and if you have specific questions that are narratively or tactically important you may ask them then. This planning phase can also serve as justification for spending a HP to edit a scene or having something on hand later.

Right now, we'll take this as narrative flavor for Diego covering his bases and being the master planner that he is/is turning into.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Sounds good.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

So Peter pulls up the information and we're settled on him making his own records and 'Frank Jones'? 2 Tech rolls then?
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I'll be able to get up another post in the morning.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

EnigmaticOne wrote:So Peter pulls up the information and we're settled on him making his own records and 'Frank Jones'? 2 Tech rolls then?
I think that is a question aimed at MrDent and Supernaturalist.

If it is aimed at me, you may make your rolls when you are ready to. Be sure to give me some description. I need to know what your character is doing, and what they hope to achieve.
Iona wrote:There are maintenance and storage areas in the sub-basement of most hospitals.
St. Luke has one below ground level. This is where the morgue is, along other things they don't want the public dealing with.
Iona wrote: If electronic instructions could be made to move the necessary equipment to a maintenance room for eventual repairs,
The OCS is a new, specialized, technology. They are not going to be able to do repairs at the hospital.
Iona wrote:It would be nice if Peter could identify any potential security cameras in the sub-basement. I could temporarily scramble them when we come off the elevator. Of course, we'll still be left with one problem.
Peter could get an idea where cameras are. This would require a Technology check.

However, Iona disabling cameras is a blatant use of power that people would take note of. "Shutdown" is not Subtle and would have an audio or visual effect people could perceive. Anyone watching the camera would see them turn off. as well
Iona wrote:Would Peter be able to hack in and notify them that the procedure has been cancelled?
It is possible. A Technology check would be required. You're asking/suggesting a lot of these. Bear in mind that if a check fails you alert the hospital, and indirectly, the authorities. Further, changing the schedule has a chance of your target not showing up at all, because then you'd be cancelling his reason for being there.
Iona wrote:Would I be able to use chemicals in the lab to mix a fast acting, yet relatively safe "knock-out" gas?
Iona has the ability to do this. She does not, however, have the time it would take to create.

I'll also point out you are dealing with a bystander here. Knocking him out is a non-issue.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego is asking for one check to make his cover id, one for Peter to be able to be there bandaged(if it would even be needed), and one to get cover his bases info. Given its not a super secret place, I'd imagine the employee info or maps wouldn't ring any alarm bells if searched in the intranet. The only problem area would be if patient info was searched too much I think.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The hospital is not high security. That is correct. However, between Diego and Iona, Peter is being asked to do a lot of illegal things. I'm not going to debate the minutia of it. I've already given warnings where I think it is relevant.
Supernaturalist

So we can automatically render the patient safely unconscious? If so, then great. But we will have to be unconscious, right? Otherwise he'll realize pretty quickly that we're not taking him to get X-rays.
Supernaturalist

Also, a question about the OCS: Who big is it in terms of its dimensions?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist wrote:So we can automatically render the patient safely unconscious?
Your target is a mundane human and a non-combatant at that. Each of you is a transhuman being capable of taking on a small army by yourself. Yes. You can effortlessly render him unconscious.
Supernaturalist wrote: But we will have to be unconscious, right? Otherwise he'll realize pretty quickly that we're not taking him to get X-rays.
That is up to you to figure out.
Supernaturalist wrote:Also, a question about the OCS: Who big is it in terms of its dimensions?
I do not have exact measurements for you. This is what you'd be dealing with: here

Maybe four feet high, three feet wide, three feet long.
Supernaturalist

Ok, so we'll have to have some kind of van or small U-haul-like truck available to transport that.