[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator [Recruiting 1]

Post by mrdent12 »

True, I didn't think about the bringing our own in some fashion.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I will aim to advance the narrative Monday afternoon or evening.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona would undoubtedly bring the equipment necessary to perform the procedure. It is part of our agreed upon plan. Some kind if generator would be necessary too. Obviously I would not want to bring the large biofeul-one from the base, but some kind of smaller generator would be required. Would I be allowed to spend my HP to bring a small, gasoline-powered one?

Since we only knew of the infection (and quarantine) after leaving Hadron City, it would be metagaming to leave the equipment behind. Losing the equipment is just a chance that will have to be taken.

A question: is the semi-truck the same vehicle that we're supposed to use for transporting the "patient"? I hope so as I can keep my equipment stored there until it's time for the procedure.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist wrote:Obviously I would not want to bring the large biofeul-one from the base, but some kind of smaller generator would be required. Would I be allowed to spend my HP to bring a small, gasoline-powered one?
I'll allow this. You will need to include a writeup of how Iona acquires this small generator, however.
Supernaturalist wrote:is the semi-truck the same vehicle that we're supposed to use for transporting the "patient"?
No. The semi was used to get you out of the city. You were given a van for your transport after being dropped off a short distance from Hadron City. You can store your equipment in this van, but it is going to be very cramped and even at cursory inspection it will be highly suspicious.

So far you haven't been in a position where someone would inspect your vehicle. But hanging out in your van near a quarantined hospital could provoke such an inspection.
Supernaturalist

I can include it in my next post. I plan on having it come from Doctor Sokolov's equipment storage room. I requested it for use in my laboratory for critical experiments that require an uninterrupted power supply (just in case there is temporary loss of power from the bio-fuel generator. Is that reasonable?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

That will work.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The quarantine is topical, but than again I fall into the essential workers so I get out of the house 10 hours a day on the weekdays so I don't feel it as much as others. As a plot device, it adds a nice dimension to what otherwise could be a routine scene given our powers.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

I largely stick to the house to begin with, so it's no big deal for me either.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Alright. If something does come up that makes you uncomfortable, now or in the future, let me know.
Supernaturalist

I just had another question pop into my mind this morning: Does Iona have permission to do the procedure on the truck? If so, will it be possible to move/shift some of the cargo to make room? Because if not, then we'll have to have some other place lined up to do it. Now I realize that current events have changed the story somewhat, but this is something she would want to know before setting out on the mission.
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I have a feeling getting Jacob out of the hospital, assuming he's even in it, would be rather difficult now. That's not to say Ionas query isn't valid.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist wrote:… is the semi-truck the same vehicle that we're supposed to use for transporting the "patient"?
No. The semi was used to get you out of the city. You were given a van for your transport after being dropped off a short distance from Hadron City. You can store your equipment in this van, but it is going to be very cramped and even at cursory inspection it will be highly suspicious

So far you haven't been in a position where someone would inspect your vehicle. But hanging out in your van near a quarantined hospital could provoke such an inspection.
Supernaturalist wrote:Does Iona have permission to do the procedure on the truck?
The semi didn't stick around or follow you. The driver went his own way after dropping you off at your van. There is nowhere near enough room in the van for this.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Can I make a roll to remember Jacob's number?
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Diego wrote:"I don't think it is a good idea for the driver to know our powers."
Who is driving? There is no NPC with you.
EnigmaticOne wrote:Can I make a roll to remember Jacob's number?
Yes. That would be an Intelligence check, DC 15. If you meet it, you may make an Expertise Computers check to try to locate Jacob via his phone.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Ok, I misunderstood. Diego would be driving in that case than. I'll edit my post accordingly.