[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

Post by Sakuro »

A reminder, as we discussed previously, we'll be taking all of next week off as a holiday break.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

John wrote:“It seems clear that this must be done with a special emphasis on avoiding discovery. Honestly, this seems more dangerous than your last mission as Stronghold will almost certainly have even more powerful military assets guarding this facility in the event of a perceived attack or infiltration.”
To your knowledge Autumn Dawn is an independent corporation, separate from Stronghold. While Stronghold has a higher presence in Ward 8 than most other Wards, they aren't likely to be dedicating manpower to guarding a private enterprise. Autumn Dawn will likely have it's own, mundane, security on site. Not professional mercenaries equipped with high tech gear. As long as you don't do anything too loud, or openly display powers, Stronghold may not even get involved.
John wrote:“I can see you needing Miss Iona’s skills for this mission, but do you still think you’re gonna need me for this op?”
John, from what I can see, isn't just a blunt force instrument. Though that may be where his comfort zone lies. He's a very Stealthy person.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

From what Diego knows, does Stronghold quickly send the tanks, troops with special armour/weapons, etc for robberies? If it escalates I'd imagine they would, but if we make it look mundane would Diego know enough of how Stronghold would respond?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Last mission you encountered a team of elite caliber enemies kitted out to the 9's in Hadron-tech gear because they were assembled to hold back a literal horde of monsters. That is not the norm. Most Stronghold squads have drone support, but no other Hadron-tech. A serious strike team assembled to deal with a noteworthy (non-super powered/not potentially world ending) threat will likely have a team leader with some Hadron-tech armaments.

Bear in mind using superpowers, from their perspective, is like you pulling out a nuke. If you blatantly display super-powers, Stronghold will throw their best at you. Though they don't have dedicated anti-transhuman strike teams on standby (yet, that could change depending on your actions) they do have numbers. If you commit a robbery that looks mundane, you'll receive a mundane response. Autum Dawn's own security guards with sidearms. The equivalent of police. That sort of thing. If you escalate, the threat response from Stronghold will also escalate.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I’ll be able to get up posts tonight.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I am going to be a bit busy with family and last minute work stuff starting tomorrow going through the week
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Our holiday break will begin today and end the following Sunday. You may post IC if you like, but I am not going to advance the narrative during this time. I'll still be around if you want to discuss anything OOC.
Supernaturalist

The day was busier than expected. Since the story won't be advanced for a week, I'll post for Iona and John over the next couple of days. I hope you guys have a restful and happy Thanksgiving break.
Supernaturalist

I'll put Iona's post up sometime later today.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

SUpernaturalist wrote:John would like to dress like a civilian, complete with beenie, sun-glasses, and worn-looking clothes. Also, would it be possible to do some minor things to alter John's facial appearance slightly...like add some brown camo-paste to darken his complexion? Maybe place some pieces of rolled gauze between his cheek and gum to alter his facial shape? anything to throw off the cameras.
Bear in mind, you are going into an upscale part of the city where the more well to do citizenry will be. If you 'dress down' you will stand out.

As for altering John's appearance, creating a disguise will require a Deception check. Someone, such as Diego or Iona, can make the check for you or Aid you. But it requires their actually putting in the time and effort to design the disguise. A short scene, if you want, or it can be summed up in your character's "this is what I'm doing for preparations before heading out" post. An example is how Tilly worked with Iona in the past.
Supernaturalist

Ok, If Sander cannot help Iona, then she'll just have to alter what she can.

Also, I know that John spoke of dressing-down. But if the disguise requires "dressing up", then he can do that. He -like Iona- will also need to find ways to alter/ hide his physique. Wearing sunglasses is a good start. But he can also "stuff" his clothing to appear overweight. I think I mentioned a few things in John's last post.

Should I also make a Deception check for Iona?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Dressing up would be more appropriate.

Sander will help Iona, but as I stated I won't be making any IC posts until Sunday. You can get a head start and make a Deception check, yes. Tilly will be making an Aid check to support Iona's. Do not add bonuses from Attractive.

Since Tilly will be helping Iona, Diego could assist John with his disguise. That would spread the workload around.
Supernaturalist

I'm out of town at my relatives house. I don't have my rulebook with me. Can Deception be used untrained? If so, is it based on PRE?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Yes, to to both questions.
Supernaturalist

Ok, I added the Deception rolls (without consideration of the Aid rolls) have been posted IC.