[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

Post by mrdent12 »

With flight 7, might clear the area enough to get away.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sakuro wrote:(Supernaturalist)Post the exact mechanics of the Power you are stunting please. Just as you would list it in your character sheet. We may need to reference it later.
I'm going to hold off posting IC until this is sorted out.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Ok, I think I'm doing this right, but someone should double check me. The base power in my Electricity Power Array is built with 24 pp. But I won't be able to use all of that due to PL caps. Here's what I'm thinking:

Move Objects 12 [Extras: Precise (+1 pp), Subtle 1 (+1pp) ; Flaws: Limited to "Magnetic Materials" (-1/r)] * 14 PP

Is that ok? Do I need to post this in the IC thread?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I don't have book access, but the math checks out as best I recall.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The math is good, as is the Power. Please edit it into the post in which you reference Iona Power Stunting. I'll get a post up something this afternoon.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I added the Alternate effect to my last IC post. I'll be able to post later this evening...gotta mow the yard. :D
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Pfft, chores.

Would it be possible to estimate the path of the helicopter, get underneath it, and take it out? That or get back to the ambush site, grab a gun if it's still there, and shoot at the helicopter? Mainly, I am trying to figure a way for Diego to get the helicopters attention/take it out.

In my head, I'm thinking something cool like Rambo taking on a Russian helicopter or latching on to it, slicing into it, and leaping off onto a building. Not sure he has the speed to do any of that.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Speed is the issue. He wouldn't be able to get into position normally. I want this to happen though, because it sounds cool. So I will make you a deal. I'll let you narrate a creative way for Diego to get into position and make the attempt to latch onto the the helicopter this round (next round you can try to take it out if you succeed) ... but Diego has to do so in a noticeable and publicly visible way. Make it flashy and befitting of an action movie like Rambo. He could use an explosion to launch a platform he is standing on really high, for example. We'll work out a check of some kind based on the methods he employs.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

It was going to be noticable since jumping on to a helicopter isn't something one does stealthily. I was thinking I my head him getting to a roof top, morphing into someone normal as he was always waiting just laying low, and when the helicopter flew by machete in his teeth he'd do action hero type jump latching on to it in some fashion.

An explosion would be fun to propel him, but wasn't sure of how to pull that part off. Hacking with a blade near a gas line in movies might cause an explosion, but didn't know if physics would work like that.

Next round he'd slash at it and as it went down he'd let go as the helicopter crashed if the dice cooperated back on to a roof top or into a dark alley going back into his native form.

To do all this, assuming he's have the movement to get into position to start this, he power stunt or extra effort if needed.

Edit

Maybe not machete, but a combat knife or something.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

General Question 'bout the Cars; Are they using a Magnetic Braking system like most modern cars do?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

MrDent wrote:An explosion would be fun to propel him, but wasn't sure of how to pull that part off. Hacking with a blade near a gas line in movies might cause an explosion, but didn't know if physics would work like that.
That'll due. We're going cinematic for this. Comic book/action movie "physics" is fine.

No need for Extra Effort, unless you want to latch onto the helicopter and attack it in the same round. Either way, make an Athletics check with a +2 circumstance bonus to try to latch onto the helicopter and hold on long enough to make your attack.
MacynSnow wrote:General Question 'bout the Cars; Are they using a Magnetic Braking system like most modern cars do?
Let's see if Duncan knows. Make a Technology check.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cool, I'll get the post up tonight. Hopefully the dice cooperate.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

My tech is a +9 total(before roll), so i SHOULD do OK....
Technology check:13+9=22--Hopefully this is high enough.

Reason i asked was simple: Iona control's Magnetic Forces(it would've been obvious to Duncan by the way she picked the Vehicle up, but not him or Steiner),so she could temporarily control ANYTHING giving off a Magnetic signal, she just has to exert control. All she need's to do is activate the Braking system on the Cars and forcing them to stop the land chase.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Make sure to put that dice roll, and the reason for it, in Duncan's next post.

Duncan is familiar enough with the unmodified sports car that is use for the chase vehicles, or perhaps the way he has seen them performing during the chase has given him the information he needs. Either way, Duncan realizes that the chase vehicles are modern in design and employ modern magnetic braking technology. Though clearly custom work has been done to the vehicles for combat performance.
MacynSnow wrote:All she need's to do is activate the Braking system on the Cars and forcing them to stop the land chase.
That would require a Power Stunt for an Affliction with Affects Objects.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Best idea i've got so far to end at least half of this...