[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

Post by Supernaturalist »

If I do another Power Stunt, I go to "Exhausted" with no HPs to remove the condition.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

A bloody flying woman rampaged through a parking garage, into and around main street. Now she is flying around carrying a motorcycle. Even if you get away from these cars, there will be more. You are very obvious.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Iona doing her thing is rather epic. I'd expect nothing less than an epic ending or screen turns to black to be required.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Sakuro, what if Iona used the Motorcycle Engine to "Juice Up" long enough to ignore the Exhausted and just move her to Fatigued instead?
Supernaturalist

Also, if I'm using a power from each array (Flight from Magnetism and an AE from Electricity), I cant use any other power within those arrays without having to drop one of the previous ones, right?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yep, to do another stunt you either drop the motorbike or stop flying. I'll hold back my thoughts on either until after the scene is over.
Supernaturalist

I'll post an idea for John later this evening. I have an idea on how he might be able to help Iona get away from the pursuing ground vehicles.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

MacynSnow wrote:Sakuro, what if Iona used the Motorcycle Engine to "Juice Up" long enough to ignore the Exhausted and just move her to Fatigued instead?
No. Fatigue and Exhausted are mechanical limiters, meant to keep people from using Extra Effort all day long. You need down time to recover, or to spend a HP. Iona is very literally pushing herself beyond her normal limitations. She is under serious strain. That doesn't go away easy.

There is an Extra for Healing that allows someone to take on your Fatigue ... but then they have it.
Supernaturalist wrote:Also, if I'm using a power from each array (Flight from Magnetism and an AE from Electricity), I cant use any other power within those arrays without having to drop one of the previous ones, right?
MrDent wrote:Yep, to do another stunt you either drop the motorbike or stop flying. I'll hold back my thoughts on either until after the scene is over.
Correct. Also, if you stop using the Power Stunted Move Objects in your Electricity Array, you won't be able to use it again unless you push yourself with Extra Effort. Meaning Iona would become Exhausted.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

SUpernaturalist wrote:Meh, a total of 10. I'm not sure if that will help.
That is the minimum you needed. Iona get's +2 to her Flight check. Use her full rank as well. Fatigue won't be impairing this.

You may also have Iona make an Athletics check DC 15 to increase her movement speed by +1 for a round, as a Free Action. This won't affect the Flight check, however.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

It was worth a shoot and it was fun to write up. Now to see how badly Diego failed.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Diego failed the Athletics check ... but I'll give you the option to have a "messy success". You may have Diego miss his target and fall, taking DC 22 Toughness falling damage. No shifting to Insubstantial to prevent it as Diego already switched up his Array this round. That's the failure.

Or you may HIT the helicopter as a Damage rank 11 Slam attack. This means Diego will need to make a DC 21 Toughness check. Then he'll suffer some falling damage, DC 22 Toughness. That is the messy success: Diego turns himself into a projectile and is unable to take hold of the helicopter to keep from falling.

If you go with the second option, no Attack roll will be needed. Helicopters are DC 6 to hit, and the pilot is going to be caught off guard by this maneuver. He won't be able to make a check to try to avoid it.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Already committed with his knife at the ready. Might as well see it through with the second. Praetor Null can't knock him for leaving his team behind again atleast. I think acrobatics needs to be trained to reduce fall damage, so not going to bother doing that roll.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I edited his post with the rolls. Now he just needs to get into shadows and vanish or at the very least blend in with the people.

I do appreciate getting a chance to pull off some crazy stunt with Diego. He was starting to feel a bit one note, partly due to my work schedule blowing up and creativity draining. So doing the write up helped me get back into Diego a little more.
Supernaturalist

Well, that was a wild ride. *wipes sweat from brow*

I can't help feel shock and joy that we survived. Of course Iona had to pretty much reveal the full spectrum of her powers, Diego had to turn himself into a high-velocity SAM, and John had to start peppering the automobiles of innocents with bullets, but hey, this is a villain's game, isn't it? :shock: :lol:
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'm sure Null will be rather unhappy to put it mildly, but he didn't need to bail us out this time atleast.

Depending on Johns psyche, it sets up some interesting rp development for him. Plus, the events leading up to it will give some RP fodder for Carter.

While a mess for the characters, it worked out brilliant for story potential.