[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator [Recruiting 1]

Post by Sakuro »

Don't assume that what one character knows the entire group knows. You actually need to communicate. That social interaction is part of role playing. How your character says a thing is as important as what they say, or don't say.

If Peter doesn't, or does not want to, share the information, Diego must act on what Diego knows.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yep and he will once I get a chance to get his IC post up likely tomorrow night.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Whoops. That slipped my mind. Edited my last post to fix that.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Sakuro,

I'll be getting another post up tonight. I just want to give you a heads up that Iona will be inspecting the pile of bodies more carefully too. She's curious about their condition and if there are any common wounds across the various cadavers. Would I need to make a separate roll for this act?

-S
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona has used up her time looking at the creatures. She is not going to be able to do that and study the piles of bodies in a meaningful manner if your group is moving on. You'll need to stick around for that, but it looks like Diego intends push the group on. If she can convince him to let her spend ten minutes looking over more corpses, you may make another Medicine check.
Supernaturalist

Sakuro wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:42 pm Iona has used up her time looking at the creatures. She is not going to be able to do that and study the piles of bodies in a meaningful manner if your group is moving on. You'll need to stick around for that, but it looks like Diego intends push the group on. If she can convince him to let her spend ten minutes looking over more corpses, you may make another Medicine check.
Ok, I'll see how the IC thread plays out. If Iona thinks it won't start WW III within the group, she'll mention it.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego is all about the mission, which hopefully is clear by now. So, depending on the argument he'll respond differently.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Diego wrote:We will need to find a computer you can use to access the cameras if they are still functional
Right now it is evident that the power is out. Even if you find a computer, you would need a way to power it up.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

I'll make a post tomorrow.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist wrote:I'm assuming that Iona will have to spend an HP to do this. What I'm not sure of is how to mechanically do it within the rules. To me it sounds like adding a Feature to a power or simply creating a Feature for the duration of a scene. I wonder: Is this ability one of the many little power variations that Dr. Sokolov might have had Iona do when he was "testing" her capabilities? Also, if we decide to do this, is she able to just supply power to limited systems or will she end up providing power to a whole area of the hospital (or even the hospital as a whole)? It would be nice if she could limit it to just the systems desired.
Iona can put out a lot of Power, even with her systems damaged. More than one hospital worth of equipment. I'll give you a couple choices. 1.) You may spend 1 HP to have a Feature for a scene that allows Iona to power a single device at a time. 2.) You may use Extra Effort for a plot device Alternate Effect with Concentration Duration (no need to sort out mechanics beyond this) that will allow her to Power as much of the hospital as she wishes. Going with option 2 means that Iona will not be able to use any other Effects in the Electric Control Array while she is concentrating on the Alternate Effect.

This is certainly the type of thing Dr. Sokolov would have had Iona experiment with during her testing period.
Supernaturalist

Ok, cool. I'll have to wait and see what Diego and Peter specifically ask Iona to do before I make a decision on how to spend the HP.
Supernaturalist

Sakuro wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:11 pm
Supernaturalist wrote:I'm assuming that Iona will have to spend an HP to do this. What I'm not sure of is how to mechanically do it within the rules. To me it sounds like adding a Feature to a power or simply creating a Feature for the duration of a scene. I wonder: Is this ability one of the many little power variations that Dr. Sokolov might have had Iona do when he was "testing" her capabilities? Also, if we decide to do this, is she able to just supply power to limited systems or will she end up providing power to a whole area of the hospital (or even the hospital as a whole)? It would be nice if she could limit it to just the systems desired.
Iona can put out a lot of Power, even with her systems damaged. More than one hospital worth of equipment. I'll give you a couple choices. 1.) You may spend 1 HP to have a Feature for a scene that allows Iona to power a single device at a time. 2.) You may use Extra Effort for a plot device Alternate Effect with Concentration Duration (no need to sort out mechanics beyond this) that will allow her to Power as much of the hospital as she wishes. Going with option 2 means that Iona will not be able to use any other Effects in the Electric Control Array while she is concentrating on the Alternate Effect.

This is certainly the type of thing Dr. Sokolov would have had Iona experiment with during her testing period.
I'm guessing that Diego's request is gonna involve more of the 2nd option. We'd probably have to find a panel board in the basement and then have Iona send power to branch circuits with the appropriate labeling. Hopefully some of them are not just areas, but instead things like "Security Cameras" or "Camera Room". If not, then I'll have no choice but to send power to different floors/areas in order to get their desired equipment running.

Is this something I need to mention in the IC thread?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

If others PCs have ideas, feel free to chime in with critiques. I won't be offended in the slightest if Iona or Peter jump in with something. Diego might probe the more tactical aspects of it, but he's a pragmatist at the end of the day and knows tech is outside of his realm of expertise.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona can push power into a distant area easily enough with the 2nd option I offered. Being Precise and Selectively choosing certain things to be powered, when she cannot Accurately perceive them, is another matter. She'll need to be able to know where things are to avoid pushing Power into them. Providing power only to cameras in a distant part of the hospital, and not everything else in the area, won't work because she can't tell where to steer power away from.
Supernaturalist

Ok, I'll get up a post in a little while. I'll convey my limitations to Peter and Diego in my IC post.