[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

Post by mrdent12 »

For the chip, yes. Diego hasn't divulged it yet but is in my next post as justification to why he is going to push for getting the 50k soldiers. For making allies and the big problem, Iona was present.

My OOC post was more me transferring what I know it takes to recruit, train, and arm 50k soldiers in good times without limits on having to do it under the radar possibly stealing the equipment since we lack the manufacturing capability. IC, Diego views just getting 50k fighters is a good step.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Ok, thanks for the reminder. :)
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The training will be on going, not just one month. It takes 2-3 months to adequately train a war fighter to competence. Part of Dominion is you, as reality defying beings, making things happen that ordinary people couldn't. Another aspect is drawing on miscellaneous resources or assets at your disposal to get the task done and ensure it is permanent. So when I say you'll need to spend Dominion to train up these people, it will take into account the PCs donating the Dominion enacting their will on the endeavor as well as pulling in other people to make that training happen. You have a base of personnel, Tilly Sander, and soon John Steiner who can support you.

As for remaining under the radar ... your HQ is located in a ruin of a Ward that Stronghold barely even looks at. The sky above it is messed up in with a weird hazy cloud that makes aerial surveillance impossible because of something Null did in a fight with Dr. Impossible. You wouldn't need to conduct training in the streets either. You can train people in doors. As long as you are smart about it, and avoid being blatant about your actions (field training out in the streets mimicking conventional boot camp), you can manage it.

There are logistical issues, certainly. Equipping the fighting force will require an operation of some sort. You may need to steal weapons. You may be able to make a deal of some kind to acquire weapons and other equipment. You could try to acquire what you need in order to manufacture weapons in the foundry above your underground HQ. You have options.

This is a multistep process. That's why I said that you will need to dedicate your entire month's focus to this. You will not be able run around doing personal missions or looking for side missions. What you do this month, mission wise, needs to focus on the soup kitchen recruitment plan. If you choose to undertake it.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I figured you wouldn't give an option without it being doable. Just takes a bit getting used to being in a game where the PC's have such influence and command of other NPC's or groups of NPC's that its not the easiest to separate real world knowledge on the situations from what the PC's can achieve.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I am taking a much needed vacation Friday afternoon to Sunday, so won't be getting any ic posts up during that window.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Since Iona and Diego are having a sidebar prior to Dr. Applegate's return, I am going to hold off on posting for her so as not to interject into that.

Today isn't turning out to be a good day for me. If I end up feeling better later, or while MrDent in on vacation, I may take that opportunity to run John through a brief intro scene leading up to his arrival at the PC's base. As long as you, Supernaturalist, are also up for that.
Supernaturalist

Yes, I'm willing to do that whenever you feel better.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I put up an intro post for John in the Extended Interludes thread: Enter the Demolition Man

I will also be sending you, SUpernaturalist, a PM with some information.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The guard is wearing plain clothes. You may make an Insight check to try to discern if they hold themselves like a trained soldier. Bear in mind, John is a mercenary. He isn't going to get salutes, and so on, nor will he be expected to offer them. He has no actual rank that people here would recognize, but is able to flex some authority because he is acting as Chen's agent. It is similar to Corporal Sander, who has more influence over the base than her rank would normally allow (you'd need to be a Colonel to command a proper military base), by virtue of Diego giving her that authority.

Zachary would have set John up with a place to store caches of goods and supplies, as well as bunk down in an emergency. John's equipment would be stored there, unless you had other ideas. He can move his gear into the PC's base in the background. No need to play it out.
Supernaturalist

I added John's Insight roll. It was an 8, so he probably didn't deduce much.
Supernaturalist

Sorry, for some reason I didn't realize I was supposed to post to the main IC thread. I got home late tonight. I'll get a post up in the morning.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

No worries. I got back from work and had a mountain of emails and some budget items to sort out. Finally through it though.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona wrote:Iona then looks back to Diego. “I’m sure that you have laid the foundation for a group of agents at your command. Is it reasonable to assume that some will be allocated for counter-espionage as we quietly begin our recruitment effort?
Diego doesn't have any agents/spies. He has been looking for prospects and maybe even started to groom some people without their realizing it. But in order to actually train them, and have them as a resource he can call on, he's going to need to spend Dominion. We have talked this over in PMs.
Last edited by Sakuro on Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yup, he's still working on his forgotten network and it would be limited to ward 3 initially. His pp's he's going to get if any are good NG to go towards dominion for the 50k army though now
Supernaturalist

Sakuro wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:12 am
Iona wrote:Iona then looks back to Diego. “I’m sure that you have laid the foundation for a group of agents at your command. Is it reasonable to assume that some will be allocated for counter-espionage as we quietly begin our recruitment effort?
Diego doesn't have any agents/spies. He has been looking for prospects and maybe even started to groom some people without their realizing it. But in order to actually train them, and have them as a resource he can call on, he's going to need to spend Dominion. We have talked this over in PMs.
These are assumptions that Iona has made based on the Diego's skills she read about when with Dr. Sokolov just after her creation.. Obviously, she can be wrong.