[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by Sakuro »

Persuasion will help get people that are guarded to talk to Diego. Make an Investigate check to actually do some information gathering, and sifting through the dross of unimportant information.

I'm going to hold off on putting up a post, so as to give Iona and Peter a chance to add something. They might end up stopping Diego before he heads off on his own.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

No worries on holding off. Didn't see the edit about the perception check requests until after my IC post, so they might see something Diego missed. If not stopped, I'll add in an investigation roll.

I'll need to put some points into investigation eventually as I figured expertise spy craft would help him on the making sense of information from human sources front when building the character. Investigation at the time didn't make sense to me because he was more of a people spy vs a tech(analyze evidence, surveillance) type. Now that I have a character with investigation in another game I see the value in it.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I'll let you use Spycraft. I feel a bit weird about the Expertise Spycraft (grabbing in things from other skills), but it hasn't seen much use in the game so far, or been abusive/exploitive.

Supernaturalist .. about Iona's "wait for Diego" question: Diego is going to be busy talking to people for hours if he goes ahead with his information gathering.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I try not to exploit any bit of the build unless it's a situation where it's just Diego/no one else has any decent way of doing something and I need to get creative.

Expertise has always been one of those grey areas for me in 3e since they went to a 2:1 ratio and clumped previous skills from 2e together that I don't think really belonged together. That lost some of the character nuance for me and why I resisted going to 3e for so long until there was little point in sticking to 2e.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I did like the less blended Skills from 2e. Though there are some that are good being smashed into one. Such as Climb, Swing, and the like. That see fines as one Athletics Skill. At character creation with this game I tried to encourage diverse Skills through Expertise.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Athletics I am fine with, it's the ones like investigation that annoys me. Being able to analyze forensic evidence just isn't the same thing as asking around for information. Its what they did with the system though, which is why I suspect they added expertise skill for the nuance.

Given the gazes the others are getting, I am likely going to hold on Diego gathering info for now until he can get them out of view. Part of Diego trying to expand as a leader and all that vs just a spy.
Camus

Post by Camus »

They also added a bunch of advantages for "use this skill instead of this otherone". Keeping skills cheaper and diverese was the way to go
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I saw two or three of those in the core book. I haven't looked at the power profiles or other books too much aside from the cosmic handbook.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

So are we waiting on something?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I am going to put a halt to the game. The majority of the cast has been struggling to post for quite some time now. I don't want the players stressing over this. Equally so, I also do not want to have to push people to post regularly.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

Post by mrdent12 »

No worries mate. It was fun while it lasted.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Agreed. The next course of the grad program is upon me and I'm trying to figure out how to schedule these multiple papers. Thanks for the fun, guys.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

This is the longest running game in which I've ever participated. I'll be sad to see it end. I'll admit I've been unusually busy lately. If you ever feel inspired to pick it back up, then I'm game.
Camus

Post by Camus »

What? Wow I'm surprised, first slowdown and we can out quits?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I am not happy about stopping the game, though I do see it as the right move. I'm pleased that you all enjoyed the game. It was the best experience I have had as a GM, and certainly the longest game I have run. In the future I may decide to run a "season two" for In the Shadow of Imperator. No promises. In the event that I do, I will contact each of you to see if you have the time and interest to play with me.

If any of you want to talk about the game, why it is stopping, or anything else, you may PM me.