For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator [Recruiting 1]

Post by Camus »

心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

Post by Sakuro »

It is a day away from the end of the week and no further characters have been submitted for the recruitment drive. So I have removed the recruitment tags. No need to make Jmucchiello wait one more day 'just because'.

Jmucchiello

Temper, under Complications, is something to be careful with. I won't outright tell you to drop it, but this kind of personal defect can be disruptive to party interaction in a seriously negative way. You will need to be able to self moderate this well. The second Complication pertaining to Dr. Impossible is not really valid. He disappeared along with Imperator and there have been no signs of them. Unless your character intends to seriously go out of their way to try to find Dr. Impossible and meet out his vengeance, you should come up with another Complication.

A note on Luck, I am not going to allow you to take more than two ranks in it. Ranks 3 and up I reserve for characters that have some kind of probability manipulating Powers. Bear this in mind when advancement comes around, as Ray is already capped out.

Attack values, Close and Ranged, need to be bought up to half your total value before you buy into ranks of combat Skills. So make sure they are both +5 before you buy 5 ranks for Knife and Guns. You don't need to hyper specialize into Heavy Pistols, Guns will due. Your character is a combatant and should be solidly competent in both melee and range comba even if he favors onet.

For Equipment, I am not allowing anything with more punch than a Light Pistol to make use of a suppressor. I will, however, allow you to have an Arsenal Array to stack your weapons under. So you can have Heavy Pistol, a Light Pistol with Suppressor (list it as an attachment for the weapon), and the Knife. That'll end up saving you 1 EP.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I don't think I've touched the complications since I first started the character so yeah, they probably need a lot of updating. I'll revisit them over the weekend.

Luck: 2 is a fine cap. I was just going with the "hot shot pilot" probably is such a hot shot because he's also lucky cliche. (And if I need to scrounge some points for the combat minimums, Luck might go away.)

Alt weaponry will probably help. The equipment list was stuff he had accumulated as part of the underground operations.

I'll post an update probably this weekend. I assume
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Should make for some interesting RP and it will be nice to have a PC who knows the city well.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Peter is an expert on Hadron City (13 bonus). He gets left at the base most of the time though.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Aw, I haven't checked the other sheets for a bit so forgot. Well two PC's who are experts in Hadron City. All the better.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Sakuro wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:45 pm Peter is an expert on Hadron City (13 bonus). He gets left at the base most of the time though.
Well, with the Ascendancy boost, it'll be safer for him to be more in the field now.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

MrDent, the guards are minions. Though you do still need an initiative roll for Diego.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Blah, forgot to roll that, I'll add it to the post tonight.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

How long does Diego intend to play dead? After taking down the guards you have some momentum on your side. Stopping to pretend to be a corpse gives security forces time to show up and make things more difficult for Diego.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Just until his next turn comes up. After that he will press ahead in mist form. The point of the morph was if someone busting through the door was imminent they wouldn't see Diego in his liquid form.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Peter, make a Technology check if you want to try to figure out what Diego is looking at.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

What energy stream does Diego want to cut?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The one Peter mentioned. I might have misunderstood what Peter conveyed to Diego, but I read it as one energy stream going into the gem with the emitters powered from somewhere else.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You mean the mass of cords and wires wrapped around the Eye?