[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

Post by Supernaturalist »

I thought about using the Move Object power on the cycle at one point until I realized it's part of the same array as my Flight power. I can't use two powers from the same array at the same time can I?

Also, I thought the machine-gunner and driver were 1000' behind Iona last turn. They've already caught up?.

The way I see it, Iona is in a very dangerous position to be in without any HPs. One bad roll by her destroys the whole mission.

She may be forced to bolt with the Viridi Mater and leave the John and Duncan to survive on their own with Diego's help.

Iona could literally go down this turn if she fails her Damage Check bad enough. I could roll slightly less worse and be Staggered, which would inhibit my movement hence forth. That could prove fatal as well.
Supernaturalist

Ok, I just posted the latest Damage Check. Iona failed by one degree and is at -3 to future Damage Checks. She is considering fleeing with the Viridi Mater as it is the lesser of two evils. Returning without Duncan (and John) is horrible, but she can't risk the *entire* mission failing trying to save them.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

If they were npcs I'd say ooc lesser of two evils is killing them so they don't talk. Doing that with pcs is a a shite move though. At this point without getting to metagaming, Iona would know Diego is good at deception type things like distractions. She's a pretty big target now though. The proverbial nuke in the arsenal. So it's up to what you think Iona would do.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist wrote:I thought about using the Move Object power on the cycle at one point until I realized it's part of the same array as my Flight power. I can't use two powers from the same array at the same time can I?
You can only use one Power in an Array. You can, however, Power Stunt off of your second array.
Supernaturalist wrote:Also, I thought the machine-gunner and driver were 1000' behind Iona last turn. They've already caught up?
Correct, on both accounts. Traffic has slowed John down. It hasn't slowed Stronghold. We're also talking vehicles speeds, not human running speed.
Supernaturalist wrote:She may be forced to bolt with the Viridi Mater and leave the John and Duncan to survive on their own with Diego's help.

Returning without Duncan (and John) is horrible, but she can't risk the *entire* mission failing trying to save them.
That is something she can do. Loosing Duncan or John would have consequences. Duncan is a friend of Dr. Applegate, who you need in order to make use of the Viridi Mater. John is an agent of an Ascendant and was sent to keep an eye on your group because you failed your last mission in a big, and public, way. It is up to Iona to determine what is important to her.

OOC, Duncan and John are supporting characters. NPCs controlled by players. Supernaturalist's main character is Iona. MacynSnow's is Carter. Those are the characters that really matter.

Forgot to mention it in my IC post: Diego, Duncan and Iona are up.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Ok, I wasn't sure if you would let me Power Stunt a "Move Object" power off of the Electricity Array, especially since I already had the power. Also, does the power only last one turn or can it have a sustained (or concentration duration)?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Since Flight has the Sustained duration, it will last until you stop using the Power or the end of the scene. So if Iona sets down and lands it ends. I advise against Concentration, because it takes a Standard Action each round to maintain.
Supernaturalist

Sakuro wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:18 pm Since Flight has the Sustained duration, it will last until you stop using the Power or the end of the scene. So if Iona sets down and lands it ends. I advise against Concentration, because it takes a Standard Action each round to maintain.
I mean the power that I "create" with the Power Stunt. Does that only last one turn?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I am talking about Power Stunting. A Power with Instant duration is one-shot. That's it. You can't use again unless you Power Stunt again. A Power with Sustained will last until you stop using the Power or the end of the scene. Move Object and Flight are both Sustained duration by default.
Supernaturalist

Sakuro wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:39 pm I am talking about Power Stunting. A Power with Instant duration is one-shot. That's it. You can't use again unless you Power Stunt again. A Power with Sustained will last until you stop using the Power or the end of the scene. Move Object and Flight are both Sustained duration by default.
Ah....ok...I don't know why I've always thought that Power Stunting only meant that you got the power for one turn. Heck, if I'd known that, then I would have "tractor beamed" the motorcycle out of there from the start....assuming that you agree to let me use a power with an "Electricity" descriptor to make a "Move Object" power. Would that be allowed?

I have no HPs left, so doing that will leave me "Fatigued" with no way to remove it accept to rest, but that seems like a small price to pay compared to ultimate defeat.

I'll be away from my computer until tomorrow morning. I'll have to consider her actions (and wait for Diego to post). I'll post by the late morning tomorrow.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist wrote:...assuming that you agree to let me use a power with an "Electricity" descriptor to make a "Move Object" power. Would that be allowed?
I am alright with that. Thank you for letting us know about the delay in posting as well.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I won't be getting a ic post up until noonish tommorow. Another late day and want to sleep in a bit tomorrow.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

To keep things moving, I am fine delaying Diegos turn until after Duncan and Iona.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You may act in any order, a none of the characters are trying to oppose each other's actions.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I had an idea : what if Iona moved US instead? She could conceivably move us faster than the vehicles chasing us...
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Is John or Duncan magnetic or metallic enough to move?