[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

Post by Supernaturalist »

Lol....I post this morning, log back in to check for updates, and suddenly I'm in "Bleeding Kansas".
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Supernaturalist wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:17 am Lol....I post this morning, log back in to check for updates, and suddenly I'm in "Bleeding Kansas".
Ta Da! :D
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

How is the foot traffic around Diego and Iona right now?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The foot traffic is light. However, people will be in range of your scene without too much time. Think a couple rounds. Someone seeing a gun, in a city where weapons are illegal will have a negative response. If you want to do something, it needs to be done fairly quickly. No long winded dialogs or debates.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist wrote:Iona's first thought would be to check the surrounding area, insure there were no cameras, enter the alleyway, and possibly resort to violence. Regardless, I would like to look around and check for potential witnesses to what is going on as well as any possible cameras that have line-of-sight to the armed figure.
The sidewalks aren't crowded, but there is a respectable amount of pedestrian and vehicle traffic. There are witnesses, they just can't see Carter ... yet. That will change in the equivalent of a couple rounds.

There are cameras. This was not a planned out and scouted ambush on Carter's part. THis is likely to be seen by human camera observers if something isn't done to defuse the scene quickly.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll get Diego's post up tonight. It's getting close to where we might need to have a bear fight planned out though if Carter isn't quick to get stop impeding Diego and Iona's way.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

From a RP perspective, Iona does not have any clue who the guy is. I'd be metagaming if I just assumed that Carter was actually someone who is on our side. If anything, she'd probably think he was someone sent by Stronghold to apprehend them. I mean they guy seems to know about their mission AND he also seems to be alone. It's not like she's just gonna say, "Oh don't be silly! Put that thing away!" or "C'mon! We're on the same team!"

A further problem is that if we carry on a conversation to figure out who he actually is, then a pedestrian or a camera will notice us.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

You could also just awnser his questions in as fast a time as possible. He just has to stall out for 10 minutes...
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego isn't likely to give him more than 30 seconds without a good reason. A pistol doesn't exactly scare him and from past experience he knows they only really have 30 seconds at most. Probably even less.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Never watch Guy Ritchie movies and post immediately kids.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

If Carter makes a DC 10 Insight check, he'll be able to pick up on Diego's message of "don't draw Stronghold's attention".
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

MacynSnow, please add a Stealth check to you post. Carter is still running around in an overt outfit, carrying a weapon.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Sakuro wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:15 am If Carter makes a DC 10 Insight check, he'll be able to pick up on Diego's message of "don't draw Stronghold's attention".
I easily picked that up but failed the Second(by three, but still...).So i erroneously think Sokolov sent for additional Intel gathering, hence my hint of working for Doc ...
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Should be Interesting once Carter runs into Praetor Null.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

mrdent12 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:37 am Should be Interesting once Carter runs into Praetor Null.
I'm not gonna say i think he's "dumb as a Kansas Pot Farmer" anywhere near him. I know better thank you very much! ;)