[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator [Recruiting 1]

Post by Sakuro »

As a team, your relationship with Costa is rocky. There is the Ascendant bond, but your group's actions have affected her (and her people) both negatively and positively in big ways. Diego's Security Clearance comes from Null themselves, however. So he does have the authority to ask for whatever information he wants and Costa is required to supply it. That doesn't mean she has to be quick about it if the situation isn't life/mission threatening, or can't make it so you have to jump through hoops to get that information.

It won't be as simple as requesting information and immediately receiving it. That is what I am saying. Though a good social interaction scene, and a Persuasion check, may smooth things over for Diego and make it easier in the future.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You are not required to settle in at the foundry. It is something Dr. Sokolov cherry picked for you (it does have some easy setup and freebie options that other sites may not) as my way of giving you something with potential to start with if you didn't want to do a lot of searching and exploring. I'll need to know how your characters go about looking for prospective sites if and when you decide to do so.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll let IC write-ups indicate my IC thoughts, but part of me would like to rp a lower risk type base exploration/search if I could think up a good way to go about it.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Finding potential sites to look over would come down to an Investigation or Expertise Hadron City check, once I know what you are looking for. That or getting suggestions from people. In the latter case, those people would know where you are thinking about setting up.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Had to focus on some schoolwork. I should be able to make a post tomorrow.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll get Diegos post up tomorrow after getting some rest.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I'll get my post up tomorrow morning.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Blah, I thought I had wrote up Diego describing the location to Tilly. I'll factor this into IC. Diego isn't perfect after all and this is a good way to low cost highlight it.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Diego has a lot on his mind.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yep, last thing he wants is to be on the hook for not keeping the others in line.
Supernaturalist

Iona would certainly like to add an infirmary as a feature. I'll mention that in my next IC post. I don't think I have any "Favor", do I? It's been a while, and I remember spending points to improve my relations with Dr. Sokolov, but that's it.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Iona has 2 points of Favor with Dr. Sokolov. She was given Favor around the end of the last mission. Check out this post. Some of the OOC bits may help your memory.

Null's people, Peter and Diego, currently have 1 point of Null's Favor.

As for Iona getting the generator running, that is easy enough. It'll take some fiddling, as the generator and fuel in stock are both old, but it is something she can accomplish without a roll.
Supernaturalist

Ok, I guess I didn't realize thoae were things we spent. I thought of them more as "levels" with higher favor just meaning more IC benefits every once in awhile from that person.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

We spent the first one on having Tilly as a resource.

As for the feature, I am thinking on that for Diego. Probably some secret room(not sure how that would work) or sealed way into the location in keeping with Diego's secretive nature and for clandestine meetings. I was also thinking security system or defense of some kind. So yeah, all over the place.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Yes. You use Favor to "buy" boons from you patron, as though it were a currency. Like calling in a favor. It could be borrowing a super science Device for a mission, arranging for a special forces team to accompany you on mission, or situationally I may offer you something long term or permanent such as having Corporal Sanders (a heroic NPC) as a team asset.

As for Diego's free Feature, if you wanted a Secret Entrance you could have something like that. One entrance per rank in the Feature. It could even be located far from your base, and lead to it via an isolated underground tunnel system.