[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

Post by Supernaturalist »

I just got home around 10:00 pm EST. I have to get up early again tomorrow, but I'll be able to get a post up by the early afternoon tomorrow (Friday).
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

My flight got in a bit late and I have to start early tommorow, so I will get a post up for Diego tommorow night.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

A reminder, Null messed Peter up with that spiked tentacle. Peter has been visibly injured and impaired all this time he has been working.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Ok, I edited my last post in order to offer Peter some help with his wound. I'm still thinking about what I can possibly do to help Colonel Costa recover from her dream-state. I'm glad this has bought some time, because I need it. :D
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I pointed out the injuries because RPing had been overlooking it despite how grievous the wounds are ... and to stress that Peter needs downtime. Normally his Regeneration would take care of this (Iona doesn't know he can Regenerate, however I am reminding YOU) but Peter is enduring a punishment met out onto him for acting against Null.

For your question about using the Treatment Skill to help Peter: Peter has a unique and exotic, non-biological physiology. Iona, regardless of her Skill ranks and superhuman intellect, has no experience with this and no understanding of how to Treat him. She'd need to study Peter extensively before I would allow you to start making rolls for something like that. It would require some RPing, significant in game time would need to be dedicated to it, and some checks would be needed to see how well she grasps her subject of study (Peter).

Right now is a poor time for all that, given everything happening, but it is something you could look into doing as an Extended Interlude when both you and Enigmatic One have the time. That said, Null made it apparent that they do not want the Ascendants being studied, scrutinized, or looked over in any way beyond superficial observation unless it was a matter of life and death for that Ascendant.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

If Diego would try to direct the remaining soldiers, what roll would be required?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

That would be an Expertise Military roll. It'll represent Diego's ability to get people to do what he wants in a tactical situation, and how well he is able to coordinate them.
Nareik123

Post by Nareik123 »

Diego wakes up from the mindscape, is Reaper still stuck inside?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Reaper will exit the mindscape as well. But she does not experience anything past reaching the blast doors and pushing Colonel Costa out of the way of a grenade. She feels herself get shot … then wakes up.
Supernaturalist

Oh please, please, please tell me that the Colonel's body is stabilizing! I've been stressing out trying to determine what to do next. :?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

No. Costa is not stabilizing. Diego is waking up and he may have some input on the topic though.

You wanted to be a super-scientist/doctor … you get super-science problems to solve.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll get a post up tonight per my usual posting time. I have a decent idea of how to help stabilize, but need to figure out how to world is properly.

As for the matrydom, it was a calculated risk. Plus, it ties into Diegos journey of devoting himself wholely to the cause shedding the last vestiges of humanity. Playing it out over a duration provides a fun narrative to underly his actions.
Supernaturalist

Sakuro wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 4:57 pm No. Costa is not stabilizing. Diego is waking up and he may have some input on the topic though.

You wanted to be a super-scientist/doctor … you get super-science problems to solve.
:?: If I spend a hero point can I get it dumbed down to a high-school, science-lab problem?

Wait! I don't have any HP left! Nooo! :cry:
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Teaches you to use hps and want a challenge. Of course, you didn't specify the kind of high school. Was it super evil genius high school or plain old dissecting a frog high school?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Didn't specify! Its a super genius high school.

Teasing aside, yes I would have let you use a HP for GM insight/hints. You were in the middle of solving a problem/using HP but at the same time thinking about using that HP for insight .. so I opted to go with the immediate issue and not interrupt your use of HP for re-rolls.