[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

Post by Sakuro »

Diego can tell that the gem is not close. It is miles away, but in or near Hadron City. He can tell that much.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Given some of the players having some real life issues, which is understandable, should I give a little time (two or three days) before pushing forward and RPing a bit with the active players to buy time or just push where the main plot seems to be going forward?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Keep going. When RL strains lessen I will work PCs back into the flow of the story, or something else will arise to occupy them.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

OOC wrote:There are two things I'd like to try and assess: 1) At the present rate can I get a ball-park figure as to how long she has before death? and 2) Can I locate within her nanite-structure a region where energy impulses seem to originate? A potential "brain"-region if you will
If Silvia's present rate of deterioration continues, she had about 24 hours before expiring.

Colonel Costa is a living storm of nanites. Not a human. She doesn't have organs as conventional science would relate to them. There are discharges of energy that form throughout her body … like lightning. But there is a constant flow coming from her face in an area that looks like an unblinking emerald colored eye made of ball lightning. At least when here "eye" was open earlier. Not it is closed, or concealed in her storm-self version of an eyelid.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I am going to let Supernaturalist respond before I put in a post. However I would like some clarification, is Diego planning to ditch Iona and go out looking for the Eye with only Sander?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Iona can say she wants to join and he wouldn't say no. Right now, he isn't sure about her and knows her as Sokolovs lab assistant. So he is a little weary if she can be trusted. Plus, if she leaves he doesn't think the others will be allowed to stay in the lab to watch Costas.

OOC wise, it would probably be best and more fun RP wise if Iona came along to help as well. I just couldn't see a way Diego would say come along for the reasons above.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I appreciate the invitation to Iona, but Dr. Sokolov has given clear stewardship of the lab to Iona. Plus, someone needs to monitor Colonel Costa and keep her alive, especially if your expedition lasts anywhere close to 24 hours. If a gender-changing transformation into artificial life is the consequence of her first insubordination, I'd hate to think of what Dr. Sokolov would do next. :) I'll get a post up this morning.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

No more rebel heritage of bucking orders left over from Dr. Kripke?
Nareik123

Post by Nareik123 »

I'd offer for reaper to come, but she's not subtle or discreet.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

We can probably make it work. I didn't have Diego say everyone come along because as I understand it Supernaturalist and I are the only players not bogged down in real life stuff at the moment.

Eventually, the PC's who aren't subtle in appearance change are going to need to find a way to not just be in the Undercity or hidden away anyway.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Just so we're clear, the road trip is over and I'm settling in back home.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I'll be able to post in the late afternoon / early evening.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

We have Iona and Peter staying behind. Diego, Hitori, and Corporal Sander heading out. Reaper can swing either way and it'll be good. Nareik, if you are still having trouble getting posts in, staying behind will be the better option. Less pressure to move things forward allowing you to post at a more casual pace.

EnigmaticOne, is Peter going to be actively helping Iona, or working independently/doing his own thing? When you two get to RPing, that is worth considering. If Peter is working closely with Iona she may notice his efforts to scope out Dr. Sokolov's tech … should he decide to follow through with that thought. I'd give Supernaturalist a chance to pick up on this with a check of some kind. But if she is distracted, or isn't actively watching him, there would be no check.

Same thing if Iona wanted to do something sneaky.
Nareik123

Post by Nareik123 »

I'd be happy either way, but I think for the sake of the team Reaper would stay behind. She hasn't got a fancy hiding trick like Hitori.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

If the security system in the lab is activated for some reason, Reapers skill set will definitely be useful although I suspect that there would be bigger problems in that case.