For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator: The Blight After

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
HP:2
Cnd: Damaged (-2 to EM power-array)
PP:0

The scene is intimidating. Even though an unexpected turn of events has rendered their earlier plan obsolete, the female cyborg sees no reason to abandon their mission yet. She puts her mind to scheming, trying to brainstorm the first reasonable solution that comes to her mind.

"We need to case out the security around the hospital. I doubt that every soldier here is as vigilant 12-hours from now as they are at this moment. Night time would be our best period to infiltrate the building and abduct the patient. I have seen your dark-form, Diego. You could approach and seep into the building via the ventilation system. No one would notice you. My master gave me ultra-vision, so I can see quite well at night. Instead of trying to bring the patient through the ground floor, perhaps you could take him to the roof. Under cover of darkness, I could levitate myself up top and be waiting for you. We could identify a section of the hospital that allows no physical entry at the ground level. I doubt there will be guards stationed in that section; and even if there are...you can deal with them easily. I could levitate or fly the patient to the ground and we could make our way back to the van. It is just a thought. But one thing is certain: Extracting him in broad daylight will be much harder."

If fate will not cooperate with us, then we shall twist her arm until she does.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez
HP: 1
CND: Haunted, but fine
Form: Solid

The saving graces of the situation was CDC staff could still get in and Jacob or his phone at least was there. The problem was everything else. There was no guaranteeing the heart would be viable depending on the quarantine reason and the smuggler was certain to know about it. "We need to act sooner than at night. I do not have any specialty in the medical realm, but it stands to reason the longer we wait the less likely what we are here for will still be here.", says Diego in a low enough voice to not be heard.

"If we can convince the soldiers that we are CDC, we will be able to get in. We will need the credentials either from someone from the CDC or close enough. Given the time constraints, our best bet is to find someone who is going to enter, I take their place, and we enter in their vehicle . Once inside, we knock our target out somewhere isolated and get them in the boot of the car to leave the quarantine. If we can't go in with a car, the procedure will need to be done in the hospital.", says Diego laying out a rough plan. There was so many variables, he didn't know if he could go much deeper.

Looking to Peter, Diego deferred to the technical expert. "If we can get inside, do you think you can get on any wifi network they might have to find out whats going on?", inquired Diego. Turning to Iona, he keeps up the cadence. "You will need to come in. If pressed for medical knowledge Peter and I will be hopeless and we do not have comm links.", states Diego to Iona.

Next, he shifts his gaze to the scene around the hospital. "Unless anyone has any objections, I am going to take a walk for a better view of things.", says Diego low enough to not be heard. He knew they were apprehensive about him going out alone, but it wasn't like they could masquerade as a homeless guy just curious about whats going on. Without an ID, doing anymore would be chancing getting called out for not carrying something.
Perception strictly for looking for CDC type staff and how they are getting in/out.
Perception 15 I'll need to think of some other way once my creative energies replenish tonight.
Supernaturalist

Iona
"Unless anyone has any objections, I am going to take a walk for a better view of things.", says Diego low enough to not be heard.
The female cyborg watches Diego get out of the vehicle. "I should stay here. I might draw too much attention. This is most definitely your forte'. But before you go, could you leave the keys in the van? Perhaps I can continue to cycle through some of the AM and FM stations and try to get some sense of what's going on in there. Perhaps a news-crew has obtained some useful information."
OOC: Iona will dial slowly through the stations and try to pick up anything that might provide useful intel for infiltrating the hospital.
EnigmaticOne

Re: [IC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator:Terrible Purpose

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima
HP: 2
Looking to Peter, Diego deferred to the technical expert. "If we can get inside, do you think you can get on any wifi network they might have to find out whats going on?", inquired Diego.
"If there is any network active to detect." Peter pointed out. "I would have to be inside or right outside to detect one, and if there is none, I will have to be within meters of any target computer. I agree to wait on what your walk reveals."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

As everyone was speaking, Diego drove to a spot far enough away so they wouldn't be noticed by the quarantine perimeter. After turning off the van, he passes the keys to Iona. "I am going to take a quick jog to see what I can figure out about the area. If we can get in as part of the CDC it would be easier than all of us trying to sneak in.", says Diego. Getting out of the van, he heads around a corner and hopefully out of sight from prying eyes shifting into a middle aged man reasonably fit in a modern jogging suit complete with Nikes. Rounding from around another building, he emerges at a fast joggers pace. Not a full run, but not a slow jog either.

Taking a route that seems likeliest to get within sight of the quarantine perimeter without getting too close, he keeps an eye out for any CDC looking people or parking areas they might be at all the while taking mental notes of any vehicles that may be allowed in or out. Given it was a quarantine, he didn't have much hope vehicles would be leaving. While looking, he did his best to mimic the looks of someone curious while still keeping his distance as to not put the soldiers on guard. When something of interest comes up, Diego would stop to take a quick breathe just long enough to get a better idea and quickly proceed to keep running.

He must have done this over a hundred times in his old form. Now, the simple act of jogging was foreign to him and didn't make any sense other than to throw people off of his true nature. The whole time, it felt like an itchy sweater your mum would give you. Taking it off would hurt her feelings, but keep it on could possibly qualify as an act of torture by some standards.
Deception 24 to sell the act
He's not trying to be stealthy about it, but Stealth 19 if needed.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Diego melts away and Jogger Joe steps onto the street for a run. The cover of curious civilian ends up working for him. While the police have done a good job of dispersing the curious before any crowds have a chance to form there is the occasional nosy body to approaches. Some have brief conversations before the officer confronting them sends them off with a light chiding. Once Diego ends up getting told to move along by a policewoman but he keeps his distance and blends in enough that his scouting is not hindered, at least in so far as getting a good look at the perimeter established by the police and National Guard.

The police act as an screen of people dispersed around the block and act as a face for the civilians that might approach or wonder too close. Across the street, is a ring of military vehicles from transport trucks to Humvees. These form an improvised wall around the hospital's and it's grounds. Like an midlevel army setting up to siege an enemy stronghold. They vehicles obscure sight of what lays beyond, but Diego is able to see the Guard is setting up operations tents for people to work out of and moving supplies on this side of the vehicle-wall. On the far side, in the northern corner Diego finds some CDC marked vehicles and a tent. Not too far off is an armored personal carrier with the telltale urban camo and castle logo of Stronghold International.

It was the only Stronghold vehicle Diego saw on his scouting run. But he did see a man in a set of plated form fitting armor and an exo-frame speaking with one of the doctors from the CDC. Further, a set of eagle wings on the padrones of the armor looked familiar. He'd seen them before during the raid on the black site. Hitori has squared off with a man wearing armor that bore similar eagle wings. Diego hadn't seen the man's face then, he'd been wearing a full head and face covering helmet. But today that helmet war resting under his arm, and the Ascendant was able to see the dark skin, salt and pepper short cut hair, and grizzled features of the man who'd harried his team and stood toe to toe with the world's greatest swordsman.

Moving west, but still on the norther end of the perimeter, Diego finds a tent with a plastic ring-tunnel leading between two Humvees. If he had to guess this was likely some kind of decontamination area. The gateway to moving in and out of the secured perimeter. While people are active in the area, he doesn't get to witness the process people moving in or out. For one this the interior is obscured from view, and also everyone seems to be setting up or preparing for whatever is to come.

While Diego is off using the image of a jogger to perform his recon, Iona and Peter remain behind. In the van stuffed full of medical equipment. It'd be cozy, just the two of them listening to the radio. If they weren't listening for information about a heal hazard while on a mission to cut a man's heart out and deliver it to a criminal in return for passage to a foreign country so they could kill a woman neither of them had ever met. Rotating through channels Iona finds a number of news broadcasts talking about the quarantine. It takes a minute for her to realize that some of these are not concerning St. Luke's but other hospitals. Other buildings. Other cities. Other states. There isn't much information. People are suddenly falling ill. Going catatonic or demonstrating a variety of symptoms from flu-like to coughing up blood. Then they inevitably become violent. Whatever is happening occurred all of a sudden in a broad region covering the Southern Midwest, and South West states of the United States.
OOC wrote:Everyone make an Intelligence check.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima

Peter thought on these disturbing reports. There was no reason to believe this was a natural phenomenon, but Peter could not imagine anything that could have created such a broad area of effect. Except one. "That missile fired from the silo which Diego retrieved the gem from. We never did confirm what the payload was."
Intelligence: 1d20+8 15
I'm guessing due to lack of Security Clearance, Diego didn't tell Peter about the Midnight Society being linked to the silo?
Games
Supernaturalist

Iona
"That missile fired from the silo which Diego retrieved the gem from. We never did confirm what the payload was."
She ruminates on Peter's words. "Possibly...", she says almost inaudibly, "...but if that is the case, to what purpose I wonder?" She sits silently, listening to each station in turn. When she feels that all pertinent information has been gleaned from one, she switches to another.

She turns her face slightly towards Peter. "This has the potential to become more than a United States problem. It could cause nations to "lockdown" their entry points and prevent travel. Even their militaries could be mobilized to enforce borders. This could complicate our attempt to reach Singapore even if we are successful here, which is looking increasingly less probable."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

it was a lot to take in. Whatever was going on at the quarantine must have been serious if they were bringing Stronghold in on the scene. If there was anything Diego had learned, it was that where there was one Stronghold patrol there was likely to be more. A saving grace was that cities not called Hadron City in the U.S wouldn't put up with drones flying around all the time. Traffic cams, sure. City cams, yeah. Drones looking around was a pretty big step, so as long as the group kept away like they had where they parked they could plan for now.

Getting in was going to be the tough part. Without credentials, just walking in as CDC was out of the question. Even if Diego did get badges, Peter would need to walk in with a hazmat suit or something. Iona would need to do similar. Even getting past the soldiers on humvees and cops around the perimeter to sneak in was going to be difficult in broad day light.

When he got back to the van area, Diego snuck out of sight again and shifted back to his cover face. "Stronghold is here.", bluntly says Diego once in the van. "The place is defended like a fortress right now and unless there is some sewer entrance we aren't getting in easy. There is only one tube leading into the area probably for disinfecting people. CDC staff might be able to get in and maybe out with a sample, but lifting a badge not to mention three will not be easy either.", continues Diego with the grim picture.

"Whatever is going on here is big based on the police, national guard, and Stronghold presence. I saw one of the leaders of Stronghold, the one who took on Hitori most likely in Dr. Sokolovs armour there. We aren't going to get Jacob out. So however we do this, we will need to take the heart out in the hospital and put it on ice. Anymore information on news radio?", says Diego conveying the situation without a plan yet.
Supernaturalist

Iona
"Whatever is going on here is big based on the police, national guard, and Stronghold presence. I saw one of the leaders of Stronghold, the one who took on Hitori most likely in Dr. Sokolovs armour there. We aren't going to get Jacob out. So however we do this, we will need to take the heart out in the hospital and put it on ice. Anymore information on news radio?", says Diego conveying the situation without a plan yet.
"Yes..." she says as she completely turns the radio off. "..it appears that this infection is occurring all over the Midwest and Southwestern United States. Peter theorizes that it might be connected to the missile launch we detected during the mission to restore Colonel Costa. It's speculation at this point, but certainly a possibility. Regardless, it is almost certain that security will be elevated nationally and internationally in the near future."

She pauses to give Diego time to digest the news and comment.

After the discussion of current events information gleaned from the radio is over, Iona returns to the issue of obtaining the heart. "Attempting the enter the hospital by passing ourselves off as authorized personnel makes me quite anxious. To do so without the proper credentials and planning seems to me as very likely to fail. If there are no other options that are more probable, then so be it. But perhaps there is another way."

"I have the outline of another possible plan." She glances back and forth between Diego and Peter. "Perhaps the three of us could refine it."

"What if we were to enter the hospital from below? Peter has the ability to move and reshape virtually any inanimate substance. We could use a sewer system to get close, and then allow peter to create a tunnel into some remote room of the hospital. Peter has seen the diagrams of the facility, so he should be able to accomplish this. Once inside, he can then access the internal computer-system to locate the patient. If we can obtain scrubs or labcoats, then perhaps we can use them to proceed to the patient utilizing deception. But if not, then we simply proceed through the hospital confidently, getting as far as possible to our target. *If* our cover is blown, then we force our way to him, abduct him, and make our way back to the tunnel, fighting our way out. Peter can close the tunnel behind us as we make our escape back to the van."

"It's only the outline of a plan, but it seems simple and it avoids all the difficulties of a surface infiltration."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

"Yes..." she says as she completely turns the radio off. "..it appears that this infection is occurring all over the Midwest and Southwestern United States. Peter theorizes that it might be connected to the missile launch we detected during the mission to restore Colonel Costa. It's speculation at this point, but certainly a possibility. Regardless, it is almost certain that security will be elevated nationally and internationally in the near future."
"If I even suspected the missile launch would result in a wide infection, my actions would have been different at the missile silo. Sokolov may also be able to confirm details about the launch if his equipment was monitoring it. We live in the most secure city in the world occupied by plunderers. We will do what is needed for the cause regardless of the conditions. Our mission has not changed.", says Diego not disregarding the comment, but not giving it any special importance either.

After Iona said her outline, Diego chimed in. "Yes, we could always make a sewer like entrance ourselves if that is within Peters abilities, we can hide the dirt, and there is a basement room that will suffice. Inside, we will need to be careful. Peter will not be able to pass as anything other than a patient if fully bandaged. We can also expect heightened security controlling movement. They are still setting up for something, so it may be easier. With Stronghold on the scene though it means higher security naturally. Tunneling in does carry lower risk than having to get through the perimeter with all three of us though. Once inside, mine and Peters cover will be easy. An attractive woman walking around will be hard to fly under the radar. Never the less, we will succeed.", responds Diego looking at Peter initially for clarification on his abilities.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Peter Ezima

Peter looked at the floor, or more precisely below. "What I've done before is molecular reshaping by direct contact. In other words, by hand, and far too slow for our purposes." But direct contact wasn't needed for creation or repair. The difference was, warping but ultimately keeping the web of molecular bonds intact required more finesse, more focus and control.

But if you used a weight-lifting comparison, doing what Diego and Iona wanted was like increasing the weights on the machine. Straining, painful... but possible. The specific transformation involved wasn't a complex one. Yes, he probably could do this. "But I think I can tunnel far more swiftly, at the cost of placing more stress on my system."
Games
Supernaturalist

Iona
"Once inside, mine and Peters cover will be easy. An attractive woman walking around will be hard to fly under the radar. Never the less, we will succeed.", responds Diego looking at Peter initially for clarification on his abilities.
The specific transformation involved wasn't a complex one. Yes, he probably could do this. "But I think I can tunnel far more swiftly, at the cost of placing more stress on my system."
"Then we are of one mind on the plan." Though Iona does not express it, her cyborg mind relaxes somewhat. It is a rare moment when the three of them come to agreement about anything.

Glancing at Diego first, then Peter, she speaks in her characteristically gentle voice. "Once we enter the hospital, I could wait at the tunnel entrance if you feel my appearance could foil the mission. From there, if the situation becomes violent, you could call upon me if you need extra force. Or - if you wish - I could stay behind with the van and insure that no one comes along and messes with the vehicle or our equipment. I am willing to do whatever is needed."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diego Gonzalez

First looking at Peter, Diego asked perhaps the most pertinent question. "Even if you move the earth, do you have detailed enough maps of not just the hospital layout but also the municipal services around it? We would need to get into a room not used often with the more obscure the better in the basement without tripping any city alarms.", inquired Diego. The last thing he wanted was for them to burrow in only to trip some underground power lines or water system going into the hospital. While it didn't bother him patients might die, it did bother him that it would raise alarm bells plus heightened security.

Turning to face Iona, Diego looks her over as one would inspect a mannequin for suitability of presenting in a store front. "If it comes to it, you will need to help on site. In a fight, cutting the power to the hospital will give us an advantage plus valuable time to get away. Would you be able to do that even if for a brief time?", asks Diego of Iona.
Supernaturalist

Iona
Turning to face Iona, Diego looks her over as one would inspect a mannequin for suitability of presenting in a store front. "If it comes to it, you will need to help on site. In a fight, cutting the power to the hospital will give us an advantage plus valuable time to get away. Would you be able to do that even if for a brief time?", asks Diego of Iona.
Iona shakes her head "no." "Hospitals are required to have large, back-up power-systems. It would require cutting off outside power, which is probably routed in from multiple locations, as well as shutting down the internal generator. That would greatly complicate our already difficult operation. I do believe that the three of us are more than a match for the forces on hand if it comes down to a 'slugfest'...so to speak. By the time that Stronghold realizes what's going on, and calls in outside reinforcements, we should be long gone. We must remember that the military will be loathe to use heavy firepower in the vicinity of a hospital. This will be to our advantage."